Page 949 of 985 FirstFirst ... 449849899939945946947948949950951952953959 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,235 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Smart move for both. Fox needs to boost the reputation of it's straight news programming with liberals and isn't going to sandbag Sanders. He gets free publicity as well as credit for courage and outreach.

The Republicans gained seats in the Senate in the last election so pushing through Kavanaugh didn't hurt them.
    The seat gain was purely due to the map, which vastly favored the GOP this time. 8 Republican Senators to 26 Democratic. Many of them in States that voted for Trump. And some of those were much closer than 2016. 2020 will be very different, and the BS McConnell is pulling will come home to roost. 12 Dem seats against 22 Rep seats. The giant gains by the Dems in Congress should tell you which way the people are going.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Worst thing I've read today:

Barbaric and monstrous.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultur...migrant-women/
    Yeah I heard about that last week. Made me sick to my stomach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I applaud Bernie for going into the Lion's den. You can't win if you only preach to the choir. You have to at least try to win over people from the other side.
    In my opinion, there is nothing to lose by doing a townhall on Fox News. I do not believe it will lose a democratic candidate any democratic votes they would have had otherwise, and there is the possibility to gain something. If not votes, then possibly respect at least, which could be a step towards something. This has been negated entirely after his...performance post 2016, but back in 2012, I couldn't stand Paul Ryan, but after the debate with Biden, though Ryan was essentially crushed under Biden's little finger, I gained some amount of respect for Ryan as a person--he came across more of a human to me than he had previously. But we all know how Paul Ryan's legacy in politics turned out, but that's not the point here ha.

Plus, some of the people who only watch Fox News never get any other perspectives, so you know, exposure to something besides Sean Hannity is not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I applaud Bernie for going into the Lion's den. You can't win if you only preach to the choir. You have to at least try to win over people from the other side.
    will he even have a chance to win anyone over; given the venue? it's not that hard to engineer the questions so that there's no positive way to answer them. either way, they'll edit whatever he says to paint a negative picture to their viewers. it's independents that you have to reach out to.

Here's the thing: The rest of the Democrats said 'no' to Fox. And they did so as a party, and in unison, with intent.

Bernie doing this is just Bernie being Bernie, giving both middle fingers to the rest of the party, as usual.

Here's the thing: The rest of the Democrats said 'no' to Fox. And they did so as a party, and in unison, with intent.

Bernie doing this is just Bernie being Bernie, giving both middle fingers to the rest of the party, as usual.
    Because he's not a Democrat and has no loyalty to the Party. Look, if he is nominated, I would gladly vote for him. But he is not a Democrat, for good and ill.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    will he even have a chance to win anyone over; given the venue? it's not that hard to engineer the questions so that there's no positive way to answer them. either way, they'll edit whatever he says to paint a negative picture to their viewers. it's independents that you have to reach out to.
    Independent’s skew liberal. Believe it or not there’s a lot of former Obama voters that moved on toTrumo. There’s also Bernie supporters on the right for some reason. It’s smart for him to do it.

Fox is trash. But they are also the highest rated network in the country. If he even gets 1 to 3 percent of their viewership to think of him as viable, he has a leg up on everyone else

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Because he's not a Democrat and has no loyalty to the Party. Look, if he is nominated, I would gladly vote for him. But he is not a Democrat, for good and ill.
    And people really shouldn’t care. He caucuses with them and he’s doing them a favor by running in their primary and not just going independent. He very easily is popular enough that he could call for an ultimatum

BANNED

Bernie is just falling into the same trap of conceit that so many on the left have, which is that if you just drop enough logic and truth on right wingers, you will be able to sway some of them to your side. That has never and will never work, because conservatism by its very nature requires ignoring reality and all of its complexities in favor of a simple and comforting lie. If Democrats want to appeal to those voters, they should just do what Republicans do - lie to their faces, ignore their concerns entirely, and tell them that all their problems are their own fault for not working hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    And people really shouldn’t care. He caucuses with them and he’s doing them a favor by running in their primary and not just going independent. He very easily is popular enough that he could call for an ultimatum
    People really shouldn't care that he was gracious enough not to torpedo the election and assure Trump lasts til 2024? He should be praised for bucking the trend of those with working brains and going on Faux intentionally because he has 'conservative' supporters who aren't full of **** and trying to screw over the libs as usual?

Open Question: How many other serious Bernie supporters actually act/think like this ?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Independent’s skew liberal. Believe it or not there’s a lot of former Obama voters that moved on toTrumo. There’s also Bernie supporters on the right for some reason. It’s smart for him to do it.

Fox is trash. But they are also the highest rated network in the country. If he even gets 1 to 3 percent of their viewership to think of him as viable, he has a leg up on everyone else
    This. There are independents who watch FOX News and, believe it or not, could be swayed to voting for Bernie Sanders.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Omar Navarro has popped up, sucking up to Trump.

Call it like it is Mr. President! All of these news outlets that conspired with the Mueller team to try to discredit you should have serious consequences.

Just like how Maxine Waters should have consequences for her actions.

*I'm running against Maxine in 2020. Follow me!
    I'm not sure what is more pathetic. The ass kissing, the conspiracy theorizing, or the sad "Please Like & Subscribe" plea at the end.

And there are a number of people that will celebrate him for doing so. It's just such a shame that we can't even be unified on this one thing as a party.

This is gonna be a tough primary and a lot of heads are gonna roll for it. No one will exit unscathed. And the same things that we bully people on in the primary is going to be used by Trump to hit at Democrats in the general. And we'll have only ourselves to blame when Trump gets another four years.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Bernie Sanders' problem with black voters isn't that they dislike him; it's just that they might very well like other candidates more.

Harris and Booker, despite name recognition challenges, are actually already fairly competitive with Sanders. Biden actually has the strongest marks with black voters without having announced. Should the debates take place and elevate the newer faces, expect those proportional changes to occur. I don't expect either Sanders or Biden leading the pack here when these debates come around; hence why certain Sanders supporters have been pushing to limit their influence where it is greatest.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    And there are a number of people that will celebrate him for doing so. It's just such a shame that we can't even be unified on this one thing as a party.

This is gonna be a tough primary and a lot of heads are gonna roll for it. No one will exit unscathed. And the same things that we bully people on in the primary is going to be used by Trump to hit at Democrats in the general. And we'll have only ourselves to blame when Trump gets another four years.
    Trump was in a tough primary, he won. Obama was in a tough primary, he won.