Page 96 of 985 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    McCain just died
    Yeah, I got the message on my phone. RIP Senator McCain.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Just heard it too. RIP McCain.

Extraordinary Member

Kinda wish he lived long enough to see the end of this administration

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Kinda wish he lived long enough to see the end of this administration
    Then again, seeing what has happened to the Republican Party, it might have broken his heart.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Then again, seeing what has happened to the Republican Party, it might have broken his heart.
    That might well have been the case.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i might not have agreed with everything mccain said but he has a level of integrity that very few in his party even came close to having. and for that, he had my respect.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Right.

I'll echo everyone's sentiments. Not a fan of the man's politics, but I will never dismark his service and what he accomplished. For that, I'll simply say rest in peace and I wish his family the best in this time.

Republican staffers tied to allegedly forged signatures to get Independent on ballot, spoil vote

Campaign staffers for U.S. Rep. Scott Taylor (R-VA) have been tied to allegedly forged signatures on dozens of petitions in an effort to get left-leaning Independent candidate Shaun Brown on the November ballot and spoil the vote for Taylor’s Democratic opponent, Elaine Luria.

An investigation by The Virginian-Pilot found 59 people who said they did not sign the petitions for Brown submitted by Taylor staffers, and another four who were dead at the time they reportedly signed.

“He’s 102,” Carol Campbell told The Virginian-Pilot of her father, Floyd Felten, whose signature appears on the petition. “He really can’t sign his name that well.”

Eddie Newkirk’s father, a retired Marine and Korean War veteran, died in 2016. That didn’t keep his name off the petition for Brown submitted by the Taylor staffers.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Meanwhile, related to McCain, Kelli Ward. One of her staffer's posted this hours ago.

I spy Ward commenting on it.

It was deleted later and then she tried to blame it all on the media blowing it up.

Definitely remember this for next year WBE, because what a piece of a s**t.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Meanwhile, related to McCain, Kelli Ward. One of her staffer's posted this hours ago.

*snip*
    It's funny I just came back from Arizona from Vacation, and Kelly Ward ads plaster the airwaves. Couldn't go a break without seeing one. Seeing how her her campaign is basically 'I will obey Trump's every command' plus this, I wonder how it will play.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Right.

I'll echo everyone's sentiments. Not a fan of the man's politics, but I will never dismark his service and what he accomplished. For that, I'll simply say rest in peace and I wish his family the best in this time.
    Outside of the political, he was someone's father and husband. It's always a shame when that sort of a loss happens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I try to stay out of this because a lot of Sanders' supporters seem to be almost cult-like ( don't mean that as an insult, it's just an honest observation) but this is something that seems to be a consistent problem with trying to have an honest discussion about said candidate.

Honestly, I haven't seen any indication that the majority of people here "despise" Sanders, much less dislike him. It's more a matter of others simply being pragmatic about his political chances with the general public -- logical and rational arguments that people seem to take offense to just because others may not agree with your opinion, nor share your devotion to said individual.

There seems to be this strange need to act as if "progressives" are hated -- even when Hillary was trying to open up her platform to them many still felt the need to feel "attacked" so that they had something to continue to fight against.

Well, just to be clear -- both "progressives" and "moderates" lost the last "fight" due to exactly this kind of nonsense... but keep it up if you like losing, since it seems like some of you would rather pick fights with each other (whether real or imagined) than focus on a common enemy.

You come off like salesmen trying to force people to like your product -- if Sanders is such a great candidate then let him win us over and stop taking offense every time people are honest enough to point out something they don't like about him.

If nothing else, think of your actual goal -- and how you're not winning any votes for him by being antagonistic towards those you feel should support him.
    I won't beat the horse, you know how I feel. I'm less concerned about those who don't want to support him. I'm more concerned about how the Media uses Right Wing talking points to bash actual Progressives, and yeah sorry. The media and the Establishment dislike Progressives. They'll claim the mantle, but refuse to run on Populist ideals, unless forced to.

For me, FORCING the Establishment to go Progressive is good. They run as populists, good, they perform as populists even better, they don't? they gotta go.
    In many of the races where the true progressive loses, there's less of a message losss, and more of I can't beat the money.

I hope to sound like a salesman, The product i'm selling is progressivism, not just Sanders style. I mean he's already sold himself. Number one in most polls, even Conservative ones. So yeah my goal is to sell the progressive, against the Establishment, but if the Progressive loses, force the Establishment to run Progressive or lose their jobs.

I don't care about reaching the middle or the Right. the Left is MUCH bigger than either.

BANNED

"In a landslide victory for progressive reforms, the Democratic National Committee approved new rules that will significantly curb the power of superdelegates during a meeting of party delegates in Chicago on Saturday.

"This is massive," declared journalist Alex Kotch in reaction. "In 2016, Clinton went into the election with 700 committed electoral votes—which had nothing to do with voter preference—simply because she was a powerful party leader. Now that unfair advantage is basically gone...

The reform was pushed by DNC Chair Tom Perez, but faced strong opposition from a relatively small but vocal group of party members, who argued it would disenfranchise some of the party’s most prominent members.

The action seeks to heal divisions exposed during the 2016 Democratic nomination, when Hillary Clinton prevailed over Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) after receiving the support of the superdelegates – "unpledged delegates" in the party’s parlance..."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ates-down-size
    Great news indeed. Love this.

BANNED

I'm speaking from personal experience: I was there when Sanders was running and while I was choosing who to vote for I dealt with a lot of Sanders supporters who behaved -- and still behave -- exactly as I described.

Hillary supporters tended to be welcoming and rational while Sanders supporters were routinely antagonistic and even went so far as to tell me that I didn't understand how much Hillary hates black people -- repeatedly reciting the ridiculous "super-predator" b-------t as if she were referring to all black people and not just criminals -- and how Sanders' "tax the rich" economic plan would somehow solve all problems, including those of racial discrimination.

Almost any and all criticism of him was meant with almost cult-like defensiveness -- while conversely they seemed to have no problem spreading falsehoods about Hillary to serve their own political goals in support of Sanders -- and I see little has changed since then for some.

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about from personal experience as well.
    Hillary supporters were more welcoming? Heh heh!
    Bernie Bros, and Obama boys? How welcoming.

Women who don't support women have a special place in hell? Those welcoming types?

Heh. I'm just bustin your chops now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    confirming https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/25/polit...ary/index.html

I didn't agree with his politics, but he served this country honorably, and remains one of the few Republicans to have made even the slightest stand against 45. May he rest in peace.
    RIP Mr Mccain. You were a complex and complicated individual. I didn't agree with you on the wars, or taxes, but I'm glad you stood up for your soldiers, and the American people during the attempt to repeal the ACA.
    You were good Great on Social issues, and stood up to the racists in your party. But you did pick Sarah Palin.

With that said, rest in peace good sir.

I spy Ward commenting on it.

It was deleted later and then she tried to blame it all on the media blowing it up.

Definitely remember this for next year WBE, because what a piece of a s**t.
    What a bitch for this. She probably thinks McCains death is a false flag operation too... geezuz!