Page 129 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2875

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    have you made it to when bishop was introduced and when it focused on colossus brother?
    If they are only on #190, they still have almost 100 issues to go before Bishop and Mikal.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTaj View Post
    I disagree with the "making it difficult for anyone with less than Omega-Level mutant power to even think about taking her down" part. Clearly Storm's greatest weakness is a writer who simply doesn't give a crap about her. We all know writers like to use Storm as a punching bag to demonstrate how awesome another character is so in a perfect world that statement would be true but in practice? Not so much.
    I love you and the post so much!!! absolute and nothing but the truth.

honestly I hate how much credit comic readers give credit to characters who havent done nearly the same as she has. I think magneto gets credit because he is perceived as always beating the xmen, which is not true. jean her credit is die to Phoenix and not based upon on much she has done without the Phoenix. and iceman because he can regenerate from virtually nothing of water is present but storm has clocked his arse everytime they have fought.

why is this?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-23-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If they are only on #190, they still have almost 100 issues to go before Bishop and Mikal.
    I stopped reading uncanny at that point it was trash trash and did I say trash.... the quality of the writing and art just went downhill for me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It's me. I'm reading ALL of Classic X-Men. I'm on Issue #190

no it came out over a year ago. who do you think is in the wrong spot?

have you made it to when bishop was introduced and when it focused on colossus brother?
    IF that is Old...then I'd wager a LOT of those people are in the wrong spot.

Storm, Magik, Iceman, Rogue DEFINITELY Magneto, Jean, Monet a few others. I'll just say this they are ALL in the wrong spot how about that.

I stopped reading uncanny at that point it was trash trash and did I say trash.... the quality of the writing and art just went downhill for me.
    Bishop's introduction was probably the best part of that era. Mikal's dimension was pretty stupid, I thought, but compared to more recent runs it might not be bottom of the barrel. The 90's stuff just keeps on getting better in comparison to some of the most modern stuff!

190 is around that Selene Kulan Gath story, yeah? So good! Don't forget to read the annuals, too! The Asgardian story is coming up soon. And you should read New Mutants, too. Claremont's run might be just as good if not better than his Uncanny of the same time! (There are some nice Storm stories over there too.)

Bishop's introduction was probably the best part of that era. Mikal's dimension was pretty stupid, I thought, but compared to more recent runs it might not be bottom of the barrel. The 90's stuff just keeps on getting better in comparison to some of the most modern stuff!
    really??? ok I may have to try and give it another chance. I didn't like how storm, and the xmen went from ok to killing, to despising it. it just seemed overly preachy and super hypocritical. but I'm most certain even with that it's better than what we are getting now which is essentially solo books marked as team books.

Spectacular Member

I love you and the post so much!!! absolute and nothing but the truth.

honestly I hate how much credit comic readers give credit to characters who havent done nearly the same as she has. I think magneto gets credit because he is perceived as always beating the xmen, which is not true. jean her credit is die to Phoenix and not based upon on much she has done without the Phoenix. and iceman because he can regenerate from virtually nothing of water is present but storm has clocked his arse everytime they have fought.

why is this?
    I think its the way Marvel sells and markets the characters. We're always hearing about how strong Jean is, Magneto probably has more opportunities to show feats of power due not restraining himself as much as other "hero" characters, we're always being told about how much potential Iceman has (although it is a bit frustrating that its all talk and he has never had a chance to really let loose... I'm a fan of all these characters.)

Storm seems to be considered as someone who is strong but for some reason Marvel always wants to develop other characters at her expense. Want to show Kitty Pryde as a leader? Well gotta knock Storm down a few pegs to do that. Want to show how Jean coming back is important? Well gotta make her lead a team and push Storm to the side for that (when we all know Jean is more of the "heart" of the X-Men. Storm would naturally be in more of a position to lead than Jean.)

The only thing that has me holding out hope is that Storm is a perfect candidate for being one of the earlier X-men introduced into the MCU so hopefully they'll give her a push to build her character around that time. One can dream.

really??? ok I may have to try and give it another chance. I didn't like how storm, and the xmen went from ok to killing, to despising it. it just seemed overly preachy and super hypocritical. but I'm most certain even with that it's better than what we are getting now which is essentially solo books marked as team books.
    No on gets Storm like Claremont. When he left, Storm pretty much started a slow and steady wither. But Bishop's future was kinda interesting and was a stronger story, compared to the other stuff going on at the time. And while everyone loves to say the Blue team was better than the Gold, other than those first 3 issues by Claremont that featured everyone, Blue team really didn't have much going for it other than a few more issues of Jim Lee art. I mean, Omega Red looked great, but there was no story there, and then you get stuff like Mojo II and Hazard. Who? Exactly. At least the Gold team's title saw the Hellions meet their doom, Bishop get introduced, and the Morlocks story moved along, and Mikal was the first to push Bobby's powers to the next level(before the Emma possession), but everyone seems to forget that.

BANNED

190 is around that Selene Kulan Gath story, yeah? So good! Don't forget to read the annuals, too! The Asgardian story is coming up soon. And you should read New Mutants, too. Claremont's run might be just as good if not better than his Uncanny of the same time! (There are some nice Storm stories over there too.)
    OH Yeah I already read the Asgardian Story arc which is VERY good. I forgout about the Annuals. I will read them when I get to 200.

The New Mutants are eh. What i'm confused about is when Colossus got jumped by the Brother Hood of Evil Mutants and Rogue absorbed his condition. HOW did Rogue come out of it???

Also, Selen doesn't seem all that powerful to me. I can see the control she has is limited.

I didnt read any of the annuals with the exception of when storm became a vampire. I need to read those as well.

It did. Claremont's departure had the Image exodus occur soon after and the books were in a mess scrambling to find writers and artists to fill in. Things got better once Lobdell and Nicieza took over as permanent writers and Romita Jr and Kubert joined on art. The early to mid 90s material is among my favorite X-men

BANNED

I think its the way Marvel sells and markets the characters. We're always hearing about how strong Jean is, Magneto probably has more opportunities to show feats of power due not restraining himself as much as other "hero" characters, we're always being told about how much potential Iceman has (although it is a bit frustrating that its all talk and he has never had a chance to really let loose... I'm a fan of all these characters.)

Storm seems to be considered as someone who is strong but for some reason Marvel always wants to develop other characters at her expense. Want to show Kitty Pryde as a leader? Well gotta knock Storm down a few pegs to do that. Want to show how Jean coming back is important? Well gotta make her lead a team and push Storm to the side for that (when we all know Jean is more of the "heart" of the X-Men. Storm would naturally be in more of a position to lead than Jean.)

The only thing that has me holding out hope is that Storm is a perfect candidate for being one of the earlier X-men introduced into the MCU so hopefully they'll give her a push to build her character around that time. One can dream.
    That may happen. You see how Shuri blew up???? EVERYONE loved her. That's why I said IF Storm appears in Black Panther is a PERFECT opportunity. The Public is already screaming for Storm to appear. That lets you know there is a demand for Storm. But Marvel isn't listening.

this was beautifully said. I've never had any ill-will towards any character honestly with the exception of cyclops but the points you so perfectly laid out is why I dont care for xmen red, why I dont care for kitty and her tenure as xmen leader, and why it makes it hard to respect omega level mutants who have done far less than storm but has the title when she doesnt.

and what is more disrespectful is when artist take the very little thing that she has as development outside the xmen and try to affix it to other characters: see xmen red and the interactions with tchalla and nehzno it makes absolutely no sense and it makes me not want to support a franchise i have loved since being a kid.

and I'm hopeful too but I feel like the avengers side will do more with her than the xoffices but time will tell.

No on gets Storm like Claremont. When he left, Storm pretty much started a slow and steady wither. But Bishop's future was kinda interesting and was a stronger story, compared to the other stuff going on at the time. And while everyone loves to say the Blue team was better than the Gold, other than those first 3 issues by Claremont that featured everyone, Blue team really didn't have much going for it other than a few more issues of Jim Lee art. I mean, Omega Red looked great, but there was no story there, and then you get stuff like Mojo II and Hazard. Who? Exactly. At least the Gold team's title saw the Hellions meet their doom, Bishop get introduced, and the Morlocks story moved along, and Mikal was the first to push Bobby's powers to the next level(before the Emma possession), but everyone seems to forget that.
    growing up I much preferred the blue books than i did the gold. the only reason i tried was because of storm but even then I just didnt really get into it. going back and reading the Claremont stories then reading lobdell most certainly was evidence that Claremont gets what it means to be storm the most (though there were things lacking that coates completely fixed for me). as turbo said about propping other characters up it seemed a bit of that was happening with his writing all the while other characters such as iceman was getting a lot of love. I just couldnt take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It did. Claremont's departure had the Image exodus occur soon after and the books were in a mess scrambling to find writers and artists to fill in. Things got better once Lobdell and Nicieza took over as permanent writers and Romita Jr and Kubert joined on art. The early to mid 90s material is among my favorite X-men
    lobdell wasnt a good storm writer imho. and that is one of the primary reasons why I cant get into him as a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That may happen. You see how Shuri blew up???? EVERYONE loved her. That's why I said IF Storm appears in Black Panther is a PERFECT opportunity. The Public is already screaming for Storm to appear. That lets you know there is a demand for Storm. But Marvel isn't listening.
    I have seen so many Twitter post about bringing storm to the mcu and putting her in BP2 it has been ridiculous. marvel is sleeping on her while giving tracking to all this other female characters.

not. here. for. it.