Page 120 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2875
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Quoting the sentinel from TAS ..
    Unidentified mutant.. fill in the last word
    what does the sentinel say? I forget honey. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Stevie-Wonder.jpg

ANYWAYS girls, I cant wait to see what the next issue of red holds for us. I've been getting my complete life.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what does the sentinel say? I forget honey. lol
    "Unidentified mutant. Ignore." That sentinel is iconic idc what nobody says lmfao
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Stevie-Wonder.jpg

ANYWAYS girls, I cant wait to see what the next issue of red holds for us. I've been getting my complete life.
    hahahahaha you are absolutely hilarious. so silly lol

are u sad to hear its ending. me personally I'm not red just good have been so much better imo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

"Unidentified mutant. Ignore." That sentinel is iconic idc what nobody says lmfao
    TAS was such a great cartoon... so many teachable moments. and of course Storm was such a powerhouse. I used to hate those Logan centric stories though. I seriously dont get peoples fascination with his character. hes so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Unlike Claremont, Taylor did not imply that she controlled the water/wave...in fact, he said nothing. So...as I said before, the explanation could go either way.

Look, I get you all are into this whole hydro-kinesis kick as far as your omnipotent Storm is concerned...but really, I'm very "What-ever" about it all. So there is no need to go into any great suppositions or explanations. End result...she created a tidal wave to drown out Nova...the How is obviously immaterial at this point.

Carry on, as usual.
    Slow your roll son. I was pointing out my view on what happened? Your really starting off on the wrong foot in this thread if that's the way your gonna reply to other here.

Check yourself.

download.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-18-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

See my response to CookieonTsunami...I'm a fan of the character just as you all are...Maybe you, and others, need to not be so trigger sensitive.
    Yes, my opinions differ from the majority in this thread..so what? Chill. It's really not worth the metal and apparently emotional aggravation.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-18-2018 at 12:45 PM.

one of the reasons why I havent enjoyed red is that prior to 8, storm wasnt really shown effective in her power displays (not gonna even touch how her relationships were downplayed).

for example let's look at this. here she is bloodlusted and shot a bolt of lightning at the sentinel:

we know that the sentinel was not downed and jean only wanted to play "dead" to get the beak attack on storm.

now let's compare how she was shown outside the xbooks and before even becoming an xman:

she downed a ship made of vibranium components when not even bloodlusted yet she couldnt even destroy an old sentinel? i will say 8 was what she should have been shown as. fully capable, making moves and being powerful while doing it but it was a bit too late for me.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    one of the reasons why I havent enjoyed red is that prior to 8, storm wasnt really shown effective in her power displays (not gonna even touch how her relationships were downplayed).

for example let's look at this. here she is bloodlusted and shot a bolt of lightning at the sentinel:

we know that the sentinel was not downed and jean only wanted to play "dead" to get the beak attack on storm.

now let's compare how she was shown outside the xbooks and before even becoming an xman:

she downed a ship made of vibranium components when not even bloodlusted yet she couldnt even destroy an old sentinel? i will say 8 was what she should have been shown as. fully capable, making moves and being powerful while doing it but it was a bit too late for me.
    I mean .. if we're being honest I feel like the sentinel only survived because of trinary, but to each his own. I feel like red is a lovely refresher after the mess that Gold was so I'm genuinely happy even if she didnt oneshot the sentinel. I hope we get this new Storm book soon. Maybe when the rights thing gets cleared up.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

I mean .. if we're being honest I feel like the sentinel only survived because of trinary, but to each his own. I feel like red is a lovely refresher after the mess that Gold was so I'm genuinely happy even if she didnt oneshot the sentinel. I hope we get this new Storm book soon. Maybe when the rights thing gets cleared up.
    how could trinary's power to control machines protect the sentinel from that type of power though?

aside from this I would agree. red should have been the flagship while gold should have been a concept that never went beyond a pitch to the editors desk at marvel.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-18-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Yeah, Trinary rebooted it, but blood-lusted Storm would have fried the circuitry to slag. It was a weak showing for Storm. Taylor didn't even actually show Jean and Ororo fight for real. And had X23 kick her in the head to ko her. It was disrespectful.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, Trinary rebooted it, but blood-lusted Storm would have fried the circuitry to slag. It was a weak showing for Storm. Taylor didn't even actually show Jean and Ororo fight for real. And had X23 kick her in the head to ko her. It was disrespectful.
    hello and thank you!! agreed to all of this. I understand cookie point but a bloodlusted storm looking to kill mutants would have met her objective that encounter and the sentinel should have been reduced to ash. the xmen really shouldn't have even gotten that close with the exception of maybe nightcrawler.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It was disrespectful.
    Not just disrespectful it was a FULL Scale as Storm said:
    Mlok8pZ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Not just disrespectful it was a FULL Scale as Storm said:
    Mlok8pZ.jpg
    lolololol it most certainly was... Let lightning, wind and rain cleanse do away with that tragic of a moment.

when does this fantastic four issue with storm come out again? I think this and shuri 2 are the only things to look forward to. I'm still not sold on uncanny just yet.