Page 156 of 192 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2875
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I always knew Angela was offered to play her but declined but I never new Janet was considered to play Storm. That would have been interesting. As much as I love Janet that wouldnt have worked for me.

What's up with the Jackson family and Marvel comics? At one point, Michael Jackson wanted to buy Marvel Comics in the 1990s. He might have felt buying the company would be the only way he could get to play Spider-Man! According to his friend, Stan Lee, Michael was interested in playing Peter Parker on the big screen.

Michael's sister, Janet Jackson, also has a connection to the Marvel Universe. Janet Jackson was a frontrunner for playing Storm. Janet would have done a great job, but would she have stuck around for multiple films given her active music career? Rumors also had Michael Jackson wanting to play Professor X!

https://www.cbr.com/last-minute-changes-x-men-movies/

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ok loves! Storm won in her second round against Chamber jn AIPTs Last Xmen Standing. Now she is pitted against Rachel Summers. Its mentioned she received the most votes than any other character who was included.

That said please click the link and VOTE for Storm.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-round-4-vote/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ok loves! Storm won in her second round against Chamber jn AIPTs Last Xmen Standing. Now she is pitted against Rachel Summers. Its mentioned she received the most votes than any other character who was included.

That said please click the link and VOTE for Storm.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-round-4-vote/
    Storm should be able to beat Rachel, and then she'll face Jean!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm should be able to beat Rachel, and then she'll face Jean!
    I know that battle should be interesting. we will have to pay close attention.

I saw your post about dark matter hurricane I believe. that would be interesting to see storm do something like that. Did you like f4 and uncanny?

I know that battle should be interesting. we will have to pay close attention.

I saw your post about dark matter hurricane I believe. that would be interesting to see storm do something like that. Did you like f4 and uncanny?
    It will be interesting. This tournament seems to be purely popularity, though, not logical. For example; Magik has a great chance at taking down Magneto, and as much as I like Gambit more than X-Man, I mean come on!

Yeah, the dark matter hurricane would be very neat, but I think it is ultimately too bleeding edge science for most people to understand(writers and artists included). I did read FF; after being quite impressed with the first two issues, #3 was very disappointing. Very much a waste of a great set up. Avengers #700 was actually pretty good for me, considering I'm not much of an Avengers guy. I haven't read Uncanny yet; kinda nervous to considering the mixed reviews I am hearing so far. Call me when our girl does something interesting!

It will be interesting. This tournament seems to be purely popularity, though, not logical. For example; Magik has a great chance at taking down Magneto, and as much as I like Gambit more than X-Man, I mean come on!

Yeah, the dark matter hurricane would be very neat, but I think it is ultimately too bleeding edge science for most people to understand(writers and artists included). I did read FF; after being quite impressed with the first two issues, #3 was very disappointing. Very much a waste of a great set up. Avengers #700 was actually pretty good for me, considering I'm not much of an Avengers guy. I haven't read Uncanny yet; kinda nervous to considering the mixed reviews I am hearing so far. Call me when our girl does something interesting!
    oh yea it's most definitely a popularity contest.

I would wet my pants if she ever created a dark matter hurricane. I love when find things in science like that. i dudnt reas avengers. i have issues with jason aaron. and uncanny wasnt bad it just reads like stories we have already read before . storm seems like she will have a more prominent role next week but we will see.

also peeped into the jean thread it doesnt seem they are liking her portrayal outside of red. a lot of the comments seem similar to what we say about storm. do you the xoffices have issue with writing strong women?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-15-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Did ya'll see Storm featured on the cover of Uncanny X-Men #10 by Larroca? The cover is great until you scan over to Storm. She's in her 90's Jim Lee outfit...but with a mohawk...

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Did ya'll see Storm featured on the cover of Uncanny X-Men #10 by Larroca? The cover is great until you scan over to Storm. She's in her 90's Jim Lee outfit...but with a mohawk...
    oh yea I did see that. i would have liked it more without mohawk since she wssnt rocking that look then but it was a cute pic.

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    I hate the Mohawk now. It used to mean something to the character and was a visual way of showing her growth when first introduced. Now it's just often whored out to prey on fan nostalgia.

"Member that great time when Storm had a Mohawk?"

"Oooh I member!"

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hate the Mohawk now. It used to mean something to the character and was a visual way of showing her growth when first introduced. Now it's just often whored out to prey on fan nostalgia.

"Member that great time when Storm had a Mohawk?"

"Oooh I member!"

everything is about nostalgia without providing the substance that the original stories had. I'm over nostalgia for nostalgia sake. just write new and fresh material.

oh yea it's most definitely a popularity contest.

I would wet my pants if she ever created a dark matter hurricane. I love when find things in science like that. i dudnt reas avengers. i have issues with jason aaron.

also peeped into the jean thread it doesnt seem they are liking her portrayal outside of red. a lot of the comments seem similar to what we say about storm. do you the xoffices have issue with writing strong women?
    Yeah, I love geeking out on the science. I'm still waiting for Storm to pull in some sprites! Visually stunning, and mega-powerful, very brief, electrical discharges that go upwards to the edge of space from thunderstorms.

Re Aaron, yeah, he's had some bad runs in the past for me, and I don't like everything he's doing in Avengers, but overall it's a clean delivery of a fun story with a peppering of real-world politics. I wish the X-Men were doing as well, honestly.

As for Ororo and Jean, yes, especially in a balanced team context, I think they are very difficult for writers to write well because they are so tremendously powerful they break most plots, and characterization-wise most writers struggle to present them as rounded personalities. Hence, we get nerfed, one-note presentations so often.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 11-15-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Yeah, I love geeking out on the science. I'm still waiting for Storm to pull in some sprites! Visually stunning, and mega-powerful, very brief, electrical discharges that go upwards to the edge of space from thunderstorms.

Re Aaron, yeah, he's had some bad runs in the past for me, and I don't like everything he's doing in Avengers, but overall it's a clean delivery of a fun story with a peppering of real-world politics. I wish the X-Men were doing as well, honestly.

As for Ororo and Jean, yes, especially in a balanced team context, I think they are very difficult for writers to write well because they are so tremendously powerful they break most plots, and characterization-wise most writers struggle to present them as rounded personalities. Hence, we get nerfed, one-note presentations so often.
    would those sprites have more energy than normal lightning?

yea from everything ive been seeing from those who've read it, the criticism has been positive. and I wish the same was true for the xmen as well. I sometimes wish I never read Claremont old stories. I wouldnt have such high expectations.

would those sprites have more energy than normal lightning?

yea from everything ive been seeing from those who've read it, the criticism has been positive. and I wish the same was true for the xmen as well. I sometimes wish I never read Claremont old stories. I wouldnt have such high expectations.
    Sprites are still poorly understood. They are huge(50 miles up) and luminous(bright enough to be seen in the daylight), but I haven't seen a paper yet that completely understands their mechanics, and I'm not sure of the exact energy yields. There are a number of exotic atmospheric phenomena that I'd love to see Storm play with more.

https://www.livescience.com/42731-we...ing-types.html

As for Claremont; no! Without his run, there really wouldn't be an X-Men to talk about at all. Never regret experiencing greatness, even if all else pales in comparison!

Storm appearance in Shuri #2 preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Storm appearance in Shuri #2 preview.

Don't **** with Storm's man...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.