Page 183 of 192 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2875
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    It isn’t even that serious you need a chill pill
    And you need to not ever respond to my posts.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Why is Storm holding the mascara wand with her left hand, but is holding it in her right hand in her reflection? Am I going crazy?

ETA: Nevermind. I am. Perspective threw me off.
    lolol u had me doing double takes. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Side note, I hate when Storm's eyes are white when she isnt using her powers or emotionally charged. She should have pupils under normal conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Side note, I hate when Storm's eyes are white when she isnt using her powers or emotionally charged. She should have pupils under normal conditions
    yea i don't particularly care for it either but it's not a huge deal breaker for me.

what i actually don't care for more is how other characters eyes go white when they use their powers when there isn't anything from canon to support that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I always just think of it as her using her powers subtly(manipulating the humidity in the room, remote sensing, whatever). It's no big deal to me. I am more annoyed by other mutants being given white eyes when they never had them before....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont get your point. the issue showed her not wanting a haircut or putting on makeup or dancing. so are you concluding she doesnt like dancing and getting her haircut?

1. Iceman's Preview shows Storm putting on Make Up for an event to look Presentable and Pretty.

-That's not Storm.

2. In Girls Night out Storm establishes that she does not NEED Make Up because she believes her Natural Beauty is enough(just like she believes she doesn't need clothes) the reason she agrees with Dazzler to put Make Up on is to show the other Girls she can have fun to. That's it.

So the point is: Storm doesn't need to put Make Up on to feel Beautiful. She did that to prove to the other Girls she is capable of having Fun. Not to "Feel" beautiful or "Presentable" as Iceman's Preview is showing us.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I always just think of it as her using her powers subtly(manipulating the humidity in the room, remote sensing, whatever). It's no big deal to me. I am more annoyed by other mutants being given white eyes when they never had them before....
    GODDESS!!!!! We said virtually the same thing!!!! I love it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    1. Iceman's Preview shows Storm putting on Make Up for an event to look Presentable and Pretty.

-That's not Storm.

2. In Girls Night out Storm establishes that she does not NEED Make Up because she believes her Natural Beauty is enough(just like she believes she doesn't need clothes) the reason she agrees with Dazzler to put Make Up on is to show the other Girls she can have fun to. That's it.

So the point is: Storm doesn't need to put Make Up on to feel Beautiful. She did that to prove to the other Girls she is capable of having Fun. Not to "Feel" beautiful or "Presentable" as Iceman's Preview is showing us.
    I don't think it's anything wrong with Ororo wanting to look pretty. We saw this during Life and Death when she wanted to appeal to Forge AND she didn't even know the man then.

And where does it say in that issue (Girls Night Out) anywhere that she does not need to put on make because she believes her natural beauty is enough?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-14-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Theres nothing wrong with makeup lol. Doesn't matter how much beauty you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    agreed! i'm not seeing the issue with it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Most makeups are loaded with toxic chemicals and are tested on animals. There is plenty wrong with makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    GODDESS!!!!! We said virtually the same thing!!!! I love it!!!!

I don't think it's anything wrong with Ororo wanting to look pretty. We saw this during Life and Death when she wanted to appeal to Forge AND she didn't even know the man then.
    lol

As for Forge, Ororo was in an extremely low point in her life in that story, having just lost the use of her powers which connected her to the natural forces of nature. She was feeling very small, and insecure. She was near suicidal there for a while, definitely depressed. It was seeing Forge's prosthetic that made her realize other people have lost aspects of their faculties and carried on. Her trying to impress him with a dress[in that moment] is very different from her needing to do her hair/makeup to feel beautiful[on the regular].

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Their mutant motto of "Accept us for who we are." falls flat somewhat, when one is worrying about her hair and the other is applying mascara. That it's these two veterans makes it even more "eye-roll" worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Their mutant motto of "Accept us for who we are." falls flat somewhat, when one is worrying about her hair and the other is applying mascara. That it's these two veterans makes it even more "eye-roll" worthy.
    This opens up a rabbit hole for real world identity politics I don't even want to go into right now, but yes, very true.

lol

As for Forge, Ororo was in an extremely low point in her life in that story, having just lost the use of her powers which connected her to the natural forces of nature. She was feeling very small, and insecure. She was near suicidal there for a while, definitely depressed. It was seeing Forge's prosthetic that made her realize other people have lost aspects of their faculties and carried on. Her trying to impress him with a dress[in that moment] is very different from her needing to do her hair/makeup to feel beautiful[on the regular].
    this is fair enough. I honestly hated life and death not for her being "humbled" after losing her powers but the part with forge. hes always been a trash character to me.

also, I dont think ororo glamming it up her indicates she needs makeup to feel beautiful on the regular. it just seemed the writer wanted to show an aspect of her femininity which we rarely get to see. I thought it was nice moment and it doesnt take away from her possessing the natural beauty she has always possessed. I mean her name means beauty of beautiful one lol

Most makeups are loaded with toxic chemicals and are tested on animals. There is plenty wrong with makeup.
    I mean. I get what you're saying but that's not what I'm specifically talking about.