Page 33 of 192 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I've now read Red and the Mystery in Madripoor thing. Both issues are junk.
    please expound... but before you do I just want to say I told you so lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Wow. Gold was embarrassing for Storm. I can't imagine how anyone could be happy with it.

I personally don't have an issue with Red. That other fecal matter though ..
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    I personally don't have an issue with Red. That other fecal matter though ..
    red is what it is. it's a jean solo book so I get it. I dont like it and there are a lot of things about it that lowball ororo, but it's to be expected.

for instance:

spoilers:

storm has a constant electric field around her brain. if an electrical based attack was all that was needed to take out the sentinites she should have never been subjected to mind control in the earlier issues.

end of spoilers

gold I'm just ready for it to be over enough is enough.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-22-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Wow. Gold was embarrassing for Storm. I can't imagine how anyone could be happy with it.
    yes it's pretty bad and it has been every since issue 1.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes it's pretty bad and it has been every since issue 1.
    Could be worse, she could be Gugg's Rachel.... le sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Could be worse, she could be Gugg's Rachel.... le sigh
    oh yea.. I completely agree. as bad as it has been for ororo it has been far worse for rachel. and sadly instead of what we got this book could have been used to give her more development. with jean back I don't see rachel getting much focus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    please expound... but before you do I just want to say I told you so lol.
    In Hunt for Wolverine, Storm shows up for one page to do some lightning. It's primarily a Psylocke issue. If you're a Betsy fan, you'll like the book.

Red was crap. Storm just hit a super strong guy with a lightning bolt which shorted out the mind-controlling nannite sentinel in his head. Makes we wonder how that nannite could control Storm earlier given the huge amounts of electricity that courses through her body and nervous system.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    In Hunt for Wolverine, Storm shows up for one page to do some lightning. It's primarily a Psylocke issue. If you're a Betsy fan, you'll like the book.

Red was crap. Storm just hit a super strong guy with a lightning bolt which shorted out the mind-controlling nannite sentinel in his head. Makes we wonder how that nannite could control Storm earlier given the huge amounts of electricity that courses through her body and nervous system.
    I didnt mind mim being a betsy centric story (even though it didnt make sense to me). the part where betsy returned and was moved by ororo ability in stopping a rain storm? bye...

and i agree with your assessment with red which is what pointed out in a previous post. the nanite shouldnt have been able to ever control her based upon issue 7.

BANNED

I liked one part of Gold: when Storm used wind currents to find that trap door. Creative uses of her powers are always fun.

Red was lol. I can’t believe any of you had faith in that book. Jean won’t ever allow Ororo to shine, not on her watch.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I liked one part of Gold: when Storm used wind currents to find that trap door. Creative uses of her powers are always fun.

Red was lol. I can’t believe any of you had faith in that book. Jean won’t ever allow Ororo to shine, not on her watch.
    I didn't start reading Red for Storm though. I didn't even know she was going to be in the book. My biggest issue is that red is very slow.

gurl anyone can feel a shift in wind when the ac ain't cut up.

and so true about jean.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I didn't start reading Red for Storm though. I didn't even know she was going to be in the book. My biggest issue is that red is very slow.
    extremely slow.

so did anyone enjoy seeing storm in any of the four books she was in? I came across one review of gold that had a positive review.

I must say I would hate for her to be killed but seeing how under utilized she is I dont think I would care if she was to die in dissembled. I would completely be done with marvel but I wouldnt care lol.

BANNED

In terms of plot and story telling issues 33 & 34 of Gold Are not that bad as I initially thought. The writing is tolerable at least to me . But my favorite part and a good showing is when she tanked a solid punch from this "God of Evil" Uovu and then hit him with lighting that brought him to his knees. Gugg is still a terrible writer for Storm tho.

Red was....HUH??? It was pretty boring Storm just zapped Teen Abomination to get rid of chip in his brain. Jean was still boring in that book and she barely did anything, but hold up a falling building underwater and just talk to the people of earth. That book is VERY slow and boring.

Avengers: Wakanda Forever was not really good the plot is fine, but the writing in that was pretty bad. Storm in power set was cool we got a nice lightning feat to harm She-Hulk lol. Other than that didn't like it.

And Hunt for Wolverine Mandripoor Storm wasn't really needed it, but she and Magneto were just added bodies
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-23-2018 at 05:32 AM.

While I do think it's way past due that Storm get's the focus in the X-books, we shouldn't be upset that Red is Jean centered. She's been gone for 13 years and she deserves to be at the center.

I have a question. In X-MEN THE END, there was a clone of Storm named Shaitan created by Mr. Sinister. Does she exist in the 616 currently? If so, what was her last appearance? Sometimes I feel that the only villain that could stand up against the power of Ororo is a someone that is her equal in terms of power.