Page 25 of 192 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I wish Angela Basset was Storm......
    I’m always for this. No matter her age I will take her!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImAngelaB...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Angela celebrating her 60th birthday.

werk!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-18-2018 at 04:36 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I saw Basset do an interview with Tom Cruise not too long ago, I guess it was for that new Mission Impossible, and she was looking F.I.N.E!!! Truly a tragedy that her playing Storm did not work out. She's got the look, the presence AND the acting chops.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I saw Basset do an interview with Tom Cruise not too long ago, I guess it was for that new Mission Impossible, and she was looking F.I.N.E!!! Truly a tragedy that her playing Storm did not work out. She's got the look, the presence AND the acting chops.
    Mrs. Bassett is perfection. But to be honest I'm glad she never took the role. The foxmen have not been kind to Ororo and her acting the part I dont think would have done either the character or actress any favors.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Mrs. Bassett is perfection. But to be honest I'm glad she never took the role. The foxmen have not been kind to Ororo and her acting the part I dont think would have done either the character or actress any favors.
    Agreed! Here’s hoping for some Disney/Marvel love for her

I agree with this. I think it was always best that she never got this role looking back on it. It would not have done her any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    Agreed! Here’s hoping for some Disney/Marvel love for her
    disney will do her better... love ur name btw..

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I agree with this. I think it was always best that she never got this role looking back on it. It would not have done her any favors.
    exactly!!! I mean zero favors.

you're welcome boo. pak was cool at the time but after coates got his hold on her it was apparent, at least to me, the areas where pak was lacking. and it sucks because I think there should be aspects to her characterization that isnt "human" so when writers show her in a humanizing way they tend to play down the aspects of her that is a goddess or spiritually in tune with the metaphysical. this is what I love about coates writing her because for me he embraces all these elements.

Agreed. I think Coates has done well with humanizing Storm while still managing to maintain her "otherness." He has captured her voice perfectly and has shown he is more than capable of portraying the many different aspects of her personality.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Want an early Sunday laugh? Check out Storm throwing shade at Rogue

LOL....bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Want an early Sunday laugh? Check out Storm throwing shade at Rogue

LOL....bitch
    Lol that's great one, sorry Storm.bjt she got all that Cajun for herself now .

Brisson is clearly not a fan of our Windrider. He killed her twice in the same issue (Extinction- AU version and future self) Let’s hope he doesn’t take over a main book with her in it.
    Last edited by Wolfsbane; 08-19-2018 at 07:34 AM.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Brisson is clearly not a fan of our Windrider. He killed her twice in the same issue (Extinction- AU version and future self) Let’s hope he doesn’t take over a main book with her in it.
    That doesn’t prove he’s not a fan. Too irrelevant deaths of alternate versions of her that most people aren’t even here for

I disagree. I think Basset would have elevated the material. The writing for Storm may have sucked but at least the part would have been well acted. I still cringe at how meek and demure Berry was with her acting. And this is no shade towards Basset, who brings it to EVERY role she has ever been in, but she's been in plenty of dog movies in her career, so her being in X-men wouldn't have hurt her career in anyway imo. I guess I am just being selfish. If I had to watch a poorly written Storm, at least do it with an actress who could elevate the material and have some commanding presence on the screen.

Would Angela have been able to do that, or would Singer and the others directed her performance in another direction? If you look at his filmography, there are basically no badass capable women in any of his films.

Anyways, I made a sketch of a Storm costume. Inspired by her current Red look, but also thinking of many of her past looks.

newcostume.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Would Angela have been able to do that, or would Singer and the others directed her performance in another direction? If you look at his filmography, there are basically no badass capable women in any of his films.

Anyways, I made a sketch of a Storm costume. Inspired by her current Red look, but also thinking of many of her past looks.

newcostume.jpg
    I love the one shoulder cape thing. I wish they would let Storm wear more red. That's one of the reasons her X-treme costume is one of my faves and this reminds me of that.