Page 30 of 192 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think I'm gonna cry.... true tears of joy.... we never have to hear of that abomination again.... praise be to the goddess

by abomination i mean Xmen gold which we dont acknowledge in these parts.
    this is th only Gold I acknowledge

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    this is th only Gold I acknowledge

that is s glorious image..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Totally I'm so glad Stoem is actually gonna help to try and find him, I'm also here for a Ororo and Shuri adventure.
    me too. I wasnt too sure about picking up shuri book but now I'm here for it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

marvel would be insane to kill their most prominent black female.

but I wouldnt be surprised if they did.

It wouldnt be as bad if they had actually spent the time elevating other black females but they havent even though there are several characters that should be used prominently.

Actually all these covers with Storm front and center has me worried.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Why would Marvel and the X-Editors bother pushing her front and center now, if they didn't have plans to use her. If they just wanted to kill her off, why re-design her costume, and have her make appearances in other books coming up besides the X-books? Why invest in a character if you are just going to kill them off?

Their most prominent black female who is doing exactly nothing these days. In a way Marvel is already killing her by having her stand on the sidelines. At least a "Death of Storm" story would garner some interest in the character again among the casuals. We all know it won't be permanent, so I say if they're gonna do it, now is as good as a time as any. She'd be back around the time she shows up in the MCU I bet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Force View Post
    Why would Marvel and the X-Editors bother pushing her front and center now, if they didn't have plans to use her. If they just wanted to kill her off, why re-design her costume, and have her make appearances in other books coming up besides the X-books? Why invest in a character if you are just going to kill them off?
    They gave Wolverine a slick new outfit and was making his usual guest appearances in other books right before they killed him... just saying. If they killed Storm, I'd consider it a promotion at this point. Look at it this way though, you'd get to save money up until she makes her return.

Ultimate Member

I am going to say the BIG ELEPHANT no one wants to say-

ELIMINATE THE COMPETITION.

Panther MOURNS as would Logan.

We have seen Nakia return. Panther mourns as Nakia reforms. Panther has his woman back and maybe QUEEN.
    We see a black female in Logan's return.
    We have Monica & Misty in movies and tv.
    We see Moon Girl, Riri & Shuri with books.

LOGIC says you don't take Storm out. Because it will be Riri & Moon Girl who catch all the backlash way more than Marvel.
    BUSINESS says you don't take out Storm when you are in the mists of black female at Marvel coming out of the dark in some form.
    LOGIC says the odds of a return of Storm story would be a LONG SHOT-especially if you are waiting on X-Men to show up in Marvel movies.

As someone who supported Cassandra Cain, Tim Drake, Jason Rusch, Stephanie Brown, OG Wally West & John Stewart....

Logic doesn't seem to play into a lot of stuff.

TYPHOID-FEVER-XMEN.jpg

I still say this is going to be the new Uncanny core team when the dust clears, give or take a few more members. Most likely Psylocke, and Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

We have seen Nakia return. Panther mourns as Nakia reforms. Panther has his woman back and maybe QUEEN.

LOGIC says you don't take Storm out. Because it will be Riri & Moon Girl who catch all the backlash way more than Marvel.
    BUSINESS says you don't take out Storm when you are in the mists of black female at Marvel coming out of the dark in some form.
    LOGIC says the odds of a return of Storm story would be a LONG SHOT-especially if you are waiting on X-Men to show up in Marvel movies.

As someone who supported Cassandra Cain, Tim Drake, Jason Rusch, Stephanie Brown, OG Wally West & John Stewart....

Storm is way more popular than all those character you mentioned though. The fact her fanbase is as large as ever even after the bad treatment she's received the last decade or so is telling. X-Men as a franchise is a pop cultural icon and Wolverine and Storm are 1a/1b among the casuals as far as recognizability goes. Marvel can afford to let Storm rest a couple years, her fanbase ain't going nowhere. If Marvel killed Storm off for a year or 2, she'd most definitely get a return story... that I have no doubts about. Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Cyclops. etc. All the A listers get turn at death, as a fan of Storm I have no problem with her getting a turn... only if it's done right though.

If she were to be killed can we get a lifeDeath3=Ororo goes to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It wouldnt be as bad if they had actually spent the time elevating other black females but they havent even though there are several characters that should be used prominently.
    I agree here. what other prominent black female xoffice character is running around?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    i highly doubt they would kill her. i wouldnt worry.

because marvel wants to go for shock value. look at what they did to cable on extermination. again think it would be highly problematic for them to kill her off but I wouldnt be surprised if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Their most prominent black female who is doing exactly nothing these days. In a way Marvel is already killing her by having her stand on the sidelines. At least a "Death of Storm" story would garner some interest in the character again among the casuals. We all know it won't be permanent, so I say if they're gonna do it, now is as good as a time as any. She'd be back around the time she shows up in the MCU I bet anyway.

They gave Wolverine a slick new outfit and was making his usual guest appearances in other books right before they killed him... just saying. If they killed Storm, I'd consider it a promotion at this point. Look at it this way though, you'd get to save money up until she makes her return.
    that's not true. she has had huge development in the black panther side with features in black panther series and soon to be shuri books. so I most definitely wouldn't want to see this when coates has just started to introduce new stories involving her. if they want her gone she should leave the xmen for a while but they dont bef to kill her off.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

no. none of those black women are xoffice characters and none are as big as storm is . if the xoffices are trying to shake things up they should let her go and be used solely by the BP offices for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Storm is way more popular than all those character you mentioned though. The fact her fanbase is as large as ever even after the bad treatment she's received the last decade or so is telling. X-Men as a franchise is a pop cultural icon and Wolverine and Storm are 1a/1b among the casuals as far as recognizability goes. Marvel can afford to let Storm rest a couple years, her fanbase ain't going nowhere. If Marvel killed Storm off for a year or 2, she'd most definitely get a return story... that I have no doubts about. Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Cyclops. etc. All the A listers get turn at death, as a fan of Storm I have no problem with her getting a turn... only if it's done right though.
    couldnt disagree with you more. none of those characters are black. it is not the same

I agree here. what other prominent black female xoffice character is running around?
    The closest example is M and they dont do sh-t with her. Heck, they only recently started to acknowledge she was black by getting her coloring right (and those that dont agree, dont try me here. I dont have time for that)