Page 90 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2875

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah it just reprints. The Story in particular i really really loved was the one where Storm saved a writer who was thinking about suicide and another Storm started with Storm in a wedding dress and it just went totally left from there. There is also the one of Storm and Jean with the subway. Man its such a great collection of stories. With X-men back i marvel i truly hope these days returns. There are no other heroes in existence that you can tell the kind of story and get the kind of visualizations you do with the merry mutants. I expect writers and artists are clamoring for their chance in the new age of x-men.
    Those sound like the Claremont/Bolton backup stories from Classic X-Men. Those were some great stories, for sure!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, those were Cool feats. I think she could have been able to do that by herself without Kenji’s Amp
    Yeah, Storm's powers are just so hyped already, and so intrinsic and natural in their expression, I would prefer she stay away from machine amplification(that's always separated her from Magneto and Prof X who often do need machines for their biggest feats). She can already pin point a target around the world from the disturbance in the air(when she blew Cyke's Blackbird out of the sky in America from Wakanda), she can manipulate molecular bonds(such as when she did that electrolysis field to supply air for herself and teammates underwater in X-Treme), she can do internal attacks inside of a body. I mean, it's all there in the canon.

Writers just have to use it, not make up 'new' ways for her to accomplish these things. The problem is that Storm's powers are so refined, so grand, when you really use her at her true potential, her teammates and villains really pale in comparison. Which is precisely why so many writers nerf her down to ineffective lightning bolts. :/

Thinking about it, perhaps her link would become universal as as you said she already has planetary awareness.
    I always think of her link as universal, perhaps even multiversal. Look at how she took down the Trion and fixed a whole dimension on the fly. She's one with the elements. The elements don't end. Her power is inherently limitless, it's just a matter of her own will to determine the effect(or really, the writer's).

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I always think of her link as universal, perhaps even multiversal. Look at how she took down the Trion and fixed a whole dimension on the fly. She's one with the elements. The elements don't end. Her power is inherently limitless, it's just a matter of her own will to determine the effect(or really, the writer's).
    If feels more ecosystem based in most capacities imo. For instance in the "ecosystem" of space she was able to call upon the powers of stars and solar winds and once she connected to the ecosystem of that dimension she was then able to control it in ways that it's system would support. connected to the balance of energies in a way.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

If feels more ecosystem based in most capacities imo. For instance in the "ecosystem" of space she was able to call upon the powers of stars and solar winds and once she connected to the ecosystem of that dimension she was then able to control it in ways that it's system would support. connected to the balance of energies in a way.
    That's the problem with western science. Everyone likes to separate things. But ultimately everything is one. Even something as simple for Storm as lightning actually is connected to the magnetosphere which is connected to the solar wind, which is connected to the sun, which is connected to the galactic current, which is connected to the galactic neighborhood, which is connected to the rest of the universe.

I've also been wondering. Can Storm use cerebro to increase her psionic link with the planet and the elements. I mean if triage can use it with machines, and other psionics with telepathy ,people, i don't see why no one has ever sat her in the machine to see what she could do with an even more enhanced awareness of nature and it's primal forces. I'm expecting it to end with a cerebro short out though. If Taylor has her hook up to cerebro and somehow destroy all the nanites i may faint.
    I could be wrong but I seem to remember Storm (or maybe Magneto) using Cerebro but I think it was after she lost her powers.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I could be wrong but I seem to remember Storm (or maybe Magneto) using Cerebro but I think it was after she lost her powers.
    There was a period in the 80's and even into the 90's where Cerebro had been modified to allow for anyone to operate it(I definitely remember Nightcrawler using one in Excalibur at one point). That seems to have been forgotten in the post-movies era, so that only telepaths can use it again. Ultimately everyone has psionic energy, so if Cerebro is an amplifier, why not calibrate it so that anyone can scan the world? I don't recall Storm in particular using Cerebro in the comics, but she definitely was shown doing that in that BP motion comic from a few years back. That was cool.

BANNED

Yeah, Storm's powers are just so hyped already, and so intrinsic and natural in their expression, I would prefer she stay away from machine amplification(that's always separated her from Magneto and Prof X who often do need machines for their biggest feats). She can already pin point a target around the world from the disturbance in the air(when she blew Cyke's Blackbird out of the sky in America from Wakanda), she can manipulate molecular bonds(such as when she did that electrolysis field to supply air for herself and teammates underwater in X-Treme), she can do internal attacks inside of a body. I mean, it's all there in the canon.

Writers just have to use it, not make up 'new' ways for her to accomplish these things. The problem is that Storm's powers are so refined, so grand, when you really use her at her true potential, her teammates and villains really pale in comparison. Which is precisely why so many writers nerf her down to ineffective lightning bolts. :/
    No, I agree with you.

To be honest for me personally Storms powers are really not that hard to write about. But your right when you actually narrow it down to what her potential actually is. Her teammates are irrelevant. Which makes sense for her nerf, but I don’t see that when they do that for the JL or Avengers. Not only that if we can get Storm grabbing or pulling Solar winds or using radiation for attacks and cosmic lightning etc on earth shed be an unstoppable force. But it’s whatever many people see Storm as just someone who shoots lightning all the time.

No, I agree with you.

To be honest for me personally Storms powers are really not that hard to write about. But your right when you actually narrow it down to what her potential actually is. Her teammates are irrelevant. Which makes sense for her nerf, but I don’t see that when they do that for the JL or Avengers. Not only that if we can get Storm grabbing or pulling Solar winds or using radiation for attacks and cosmic lightning etc on earth shed be an unstoppable force. But it’s whatever many people see Storm as just someone who shoots lightning all the time.
    Well, the JL and Avenger do occasionally nerf their higher end characters so as to not overshadow their lower end characters(or inflate their lower end characters with ridiculous plot armor), but ultimately most of those teams members are actually solo heroes with their own extensive histories alone, so even if they are nerfed, they still can go hard in their own titles. Usually, though, both teams are presented as the best of the best, a pantheon, so everyone is relatively on the same level. X-Men come in a range from extra eyes, stretchy skin, to omega level psis, reality warpers.

BANNED

Well, the JL and Avenger do occasionally nerf their higher end characters so as to not overshadow their lower end characters(or inflate their lower end characters with ridiculous plot armor), but ultimately most of those teams members are actually solo heroes with their own extensive histories alone, so even if they are nerfed, they still can go hard in their own titles. Usually, though, both teams are presented as the best of the best, a pantheon, so everyone is relatively on the same level. X-Men come in a range from extra eyes, stretchy skin, to omega level psis, reality warpers.
    True, but they are consistent. Storm has some inconsistencies on here that people love to point out. Which is one of the many reasons I give up defending Storm in Thread Battles. People only wanna recognize her low showings. Anyway, Storms been the X-Men powerhouse for a good while. It’s sad some writers think so lowly of her.

I really hope Coates writes her. We need something. It feels like everyone is growing, but Storm stays stagnant.

I want Coates or someone from the XBooks to bring back her mother Red Stone Opal. Maybe also expand upon that.
    I kinda always thought it would come into play once Storm Started learning magic. She Already wears it as amulet. Like Doctor Strange.
    Sorry with all this infinity stone stuff started thinking about Storm stones.

There was a period in the 80's and even into the 90's where Cerebro had been modified to allow for anyone to operate it(I definitely remember Nightcrawler using one in Excalibur at one point). That seems to have been forgotten in the post-movies era, so that only telepaths can use it again. Ultimately everyone has psionic energy, so if Cerebro is an amplifier, why not calibrate it so that anyone can scan the world? I don't recall Storm in particular using Cerebro in the comics, but she definitely was shown doing that in that BP motion comic from a few years back. That was cool.
    Yeah, I remember her talking about how Cerebro was created for telepaths but due to some modifications she was able to use it.

True, but they are consistent. Storm has some inconsistencies on here that people love to point out. Which is one of the many reasons I give up defending Storm in Thread Battles. People only wanna recognize her low showings. Anyway, Storms been the X-Men powerhouse for a good while. It’s sad some writers think so lowly of her.
    I agree with you so much here.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-22-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

That's the problem with western science. Everyone likes to separate things. But ultimately everything is one. Even something as simple for Storm as lightning actually is connected to the magnetosphere which is connected to the solar wind, which is connected to the sun, which is connected to the galactic current, which is connected to the galactic neighborhood, which is connected to the rest of the universe.
    I see you point but in regard to ecosystem the lightning on jupiter can be 100 times more powerful than on earth. So if she produced a lightning bolt of that magnitude on earth it could very well harm the planet thus causing her a negative feedback.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

We need something. It feels like everyone is growing, but Storm stays stagnant.
    It's hilarious. You have someone like Kitty, who has ramped up from just phasing herself, to phasing a miles long bullet, to phasing all of the earth's crust down to the mantle! Or Iceman, who went from throwing snowballs to making semi-sentient ice golems and can rebuilt himself from water even if his human form is injured. By that metric, Storm should be throwing planets around like hailstones, creating elemental dupes across the multiverse by now!

I see you point but in regard to ecosystem the lightning on jupiter can be 100 times more powerful than on earth. So if she produced a lightning bolt of that magnitude on earth it could very well harm the planet thus causing her a negative feedback.
    She has already created Jovian pressure on earth. There's no reason for her to not do any effect she wants. She can bend the forces of nature in very precise areas, without messing things up around her. She's that good. Beside, the earth is tough. Did you know every thunderstorm produces anti-matter in the upper atmosphere? Storm should be able to do that too, which would make her not only an uber-powerhouse, but also the richest person in the world(anti-matter is astronomically expensive).