Page 91 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2875

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's hilarious. You have someone like Kitty, who has ramped up from just phasing herself, to phasing a miles long bullet, to phasing all of the earth's crust down to the mantle! Or Iceman, who went from throwing snowballs to making semi-sentient ice golems and can rebuilt himself from water even if his human form is injured. By that metric, Storm should be throwing planets around like hailstones, creating elemental dupes across the multiverse by now!
    Even Wolverine gets more focus with a new basic power, but one of the main X-Men becomes a God and being named the Hadari Yao while the x-wirters react like "...who?"

I just need this storm book already. I'm over it.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Even Wolverine gets more focus with a new basic power, but one of the main X-Men becomes a God and being named the Hadari Yao while the x-wirters react like "...who?"
    Facts.

Storm's character progression and development from Coates doesn't seem to be getting any acknowledgement from the X-verse which is truly disappointing. And now that Wolverine is returning, he is once again being thrust upon us readers. I like Wolverine and he is actually a fav of mine, but I don't want him to dominate the X-narrative anymore.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Facts.

Storm's character progression and development from Coates doesn't seem to be getting any acknowledgement from the X-verse which is truly disappointing. And now that Wolverine is returning, he is once again being thrust upon us readers. I like Wolverine and he is actually a fav of mine, but I don't want him to dominate the X-narrative anymore.
    I never really understood statements like this in regards to Wolverine dominating the X-narrative as you say. I mean if you ignore all of his solo books and just stuck to X-Men, Wolverine was hardly the focus. It was only recently(before his death) where he got an X-event within the X-books where he was the main focus and it was shared with Cyclops. Though I'm pretty sure if Storm had not been away from the X-Men at the time , the Schism storyline would've been about Storm vs Cyclops instead. If you look back on all the major X-Men stories and cross-overs in the past, it's always been about the Summers and Grey clan(Cyclops, Jean, Cable, etc.).

I would have loved Schism story with Cyclops vs. Storm instead as I feel it would have been much more interesting. And you are correct in stating that the Summers/Grey clan has actually been front and center of the X-verse.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I never really understood statements like this in regards to Wolverine dominating the X-narrative as you say. I mean if you ignore all of his solo books and just stuck to X-Men, Wolverine was hardly the focus. It was only recently(before his death) where he got an X-event within the X-books where he was the main focus and it was shared with Cyclops. Though I'm pretty sure if Storm had not been away from the X-Men at the time , the Schism storyline would've been about Storm vs Cyclops instead. If you look back on all the major X-Men stories and cross-overs in the past, it's always been about the Summers and Grey clan(Cyclops, Jean, Cable, etc.).
    Agreed. Wolverine has been back a year now. Outside of the backup stories that came out earlier this year, he's only had one cameo in an X-tile and that was the Gold wedding. Thus far, he's been easy to ignore and has not been thrust back on readers. That may very well change but it hasnt been the case so far

IDA with your statement though that all X-men crossovers has been about the Summers/Greys. Certainly alot have but all? Thats an overexageration

I would have loved Schism story with Cyclops vs. Storm instead as I feel it would have been much more interesting. And you are correct in stating that the Summers/Grey clan has actually been front and center of the X-verse.
    If SCHISM, would have been between Scott and Ororo it would have made a lot more sense. As a leader of the X-Men, Storm, disagreeing with Cyke's leadership and creation of X-Force would have been epic.

Just watching the X-Men choose which side to pick would have been interesting.

IMHO,

Wolverine, Kitty, Kurt, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, Beast, Iceman and maybe Rachel Grey would be Team Storm

While White Queen, Colossus, Magik, Magneto, Archangel, Cookos, Havok, X23 and Namor would have been Team Cyke.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If SCHISM, would have been between Scott and Ororo it would have made a lot more sense. As a leader of the X-Men, Storm, disagreeing with Cyke's leadership and creation of X-Force would have been epic.

Just watching the X-Men choose which side to pick would have been interesting.

IMHO,

Wolverine, Kitty, Kurt, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, Beast, Iceman and maybe Rachel Grey would be Team Storm

While White Queen, Colossus, Magik, Magneto, Archangel, Cookos, Havok, X23 and Namor would have been Team Cyke.
    It would've been a nice nod to the first time they fought each other for leadership and would've made more sense.

I think it would've made for a better story if Emma sided with Storm. Really mix it up and put people you wouldn't expect on each other's sides like Wolverine with Scott. They got along well enough that he was on Xforce running wet work for Scott.

It could have finally led the Xmen becoming separate from the school itself. The Xmen are a vigilante militia. We could've had different books and different directions. Could've had Emma reopen the Massachusetts academy. Then Kitty could've been in charge when Storm was away in Wakanda.

a LOT more would've made sense if it had been Scott vs. Storm.

It would've made more sense but man, this board would have been a nightmare for MONTHS. *shudder*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. Wolverine has been back a year now. Outside of the backup stories that came out earlier this year, he's only had one cameo in an X-tile and that was the Gold wedding. Thus far, he's been easy to ignore and has not been thrust back on readers. That may very well change but it hasnt been the case so far
    People are not wrong if they feel like Wolverine is going to steal the spotlight once again. It’s only a matter of time until things go back to the status quo ergo Wolverine featured in every team every event the leader and multiple stories. You right he may have just one cameo in a X-Title but really??? You think Marvel is stopping there? He’s already been featured in other books outside of the X-Men.

All I’m saying is: Give it some time. Things will be back to normal. The Era of the Wolverine will Return. Just a matter of time.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Queens.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Queens.
    Jen really needs to keep doing X-Men stuff cus this is gorgeous.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Jen really needs to keep doing X-Men stuff cus this is gorgeous.
    If the Storm solo doesn't happen soon I'd want to see her on a team ongoing tbh.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    It would've made more sense but man, this board would have been a nightmare for MONTHS. *shudder*
    Lol...so many people would have been banned.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Queens.
    I'm still not loving Jean's costume. I would like something better than that.

Also I hope we get some decent Storm stories while she is on Jean's team.