Page 118 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2875
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Now that I think on it...I wish more writers today would give a basic notation on what was occurring during a specific and seemingly complex feat much like how Claremont described her Galactic Core and Jovian Pressure Dome feats...although not to such expository lengths. Just so that readers aren't left speculating on What and How it happened.

For that Tsunami page, there could just be a single caption box that read:
    "For a mile across the air pressure drops to an unimaginable degree...all is still. Then, as the great force of wind rushes in..."
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-17-2018 at 11:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Will post a top list later on but I agree with Yoga on the wave...

Applying real work logic here (not recommended for comics but still) - what wind generated ocean wave has ever reached the heights of skyscrapers?

I can see if Storm was going all “Day After Tomorrow” on Nova (so not opposed to some mega super winds being used to generate a wave) but it seems more logical to me that she manipulated the ocean water directly. Technically it is her 3rd or 4th time on panel doing this (though this is by far the MOST impressive/volume from a body of liquid water) to date.
    Yeah, I can agree to that. Either way that was wave was pretty Damn High.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She had to manipulate the actual water to get it that high. It was several hundred feet tall(taller than skycrappers). Wind blown water can't get that high(hurricanes and waterspouts, for example, never create waves that large). Storm can control water too, it's just a much more rare feat.
    That's one of my FAVORITE Feats to date.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, I can agree to that. Either way that was wave was pretty Damn High.

That's one of my FAVORITE Feats to date.
    I asked him personally what it was she was doing. he has never responded to any of my tweets but let's see if he responds to this one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

goddess I hope we get some traction with the petition. Its aggravating to see Carol get a billion reboots and storm, arguably marvels most popular female character, gets nothing. I couldnt even imagine where she would be or what she would be doing had coates not come along.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    goddess I hope we get some traction with the petition. Its aggravating to see Carol get a billion reboots and storm, arguably marvels most popular female character, gets nothing. I couldnt even imagine where she would be or what she would be doing had coates not come along.
    Don't you mean Car-Ell?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Don't you mean Car-Ell?
    I'm about to vomit lolololol.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Will post a top list later on but I agree with Yoga on the wave...

Applying real work logic here (not recommended for comics but still) - what wind generated ocean wave has ever reached the heights of skyscrapers?

I can see if Storm was going all “Day After Tomorrow” on Nova (so not opposed to some mega super winds being used to generate a wave) but it seems more logical to me that she manipulated the ocean water directly. Technically it is her 3rd or 4th time on panel doing this (though this is by far the MOST impressive/volume from a body of liquid water) to date.
    But that's exactly what Storm does...and has done on several occasions...push beyond the limits of "real world logic". Under stress, she's created Day After Tomorrow-type Supercells, she's more than capable of creating an extreme wind/pressure generated tidal wave.

It's all general speculation, either way, as the text does not implicitly corroborate one or the other.

BANNED

Don't you mean Car-Ell?
    LOL I LOVE me some Carol, but that is SO STUPID.............so basically she had Kree Blood in her the ENTIRE time?
    *sigh* wow Marvel way to Dookie on Mar-Vell and her History.

LOL I LOVE me some Carol, but that is SO STUPID.............so basically she had Kree Blood in her the ENTIRE time?
    *sigh* wow Marvel way to Dookie on Mar-Vell and her History.
    I get what they want her as their "premier female super hero" (that's what it says in her solicit), but the way they are going about leaves a lot to be desired. Also we're over here begging for our favorite female superheroes to get at least half the push Carol does. It's really frustrating.

I don't hold it against the character, I hold it against Marvel who have a plethora of female heroes who deserve more. I shouldn't have to be asking for Sue (their first female superhero) to be treated the same as the men on her team in 2018. It shouldn't be this hard, we shouldn't have to make petitions for a solo of the most well-known black female superhero. Marvel should jumping at the chance of elevating Storm's profile even further.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-17-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

I get what they want her as their "premier female super hero" (that's what it says in her solicit), but the way they are going about leaves a lot to be desired. Also we're over here begging for our favorite female superheroes to get at least half the push Carol does. It's really frustrating.

I don't hold it against the character, I hold it against Marvel who have a plethora of female heroes who deserve more. I shouldn't have to be asking for Sue (their first female superhero) to be treated the same as the men on her team in 2018. It shouldn't be this hard, we shouldn't have to make petitions for a solo of the most well-known black female superhero. Marvel should jumping at the chance of elevating Storm's profile even further.
    Right, I agree. Sadly Carol arguable the most DISLIKED character in Marvel since Tony Stark in Civil War. Even with Sue or Ororo or Jean back in the mix(Praises to the Merger) Marvel will still ONLY push Carol. Again I love me some Carol, but she doesn't deserve this spot. It's frustrating to see characters like Sue and Ororo and Jean and Rogue get Dookied(i'm sorry to use that word, but it's the truth. THEY ARE getting pooped on). Hell SHE-Hulk AND Gamora are getting more recognition for a change(Goof for them nothing against them), but they are far below the Women of Marvel I mentioned.

It's REALLY not hard I agree. That's why I call BS when Marvel said they wanted to increase the "Diversity" and pay more attention to the "Women" of Marvel. But it's whatever I mean HEY as Captain America said:

It's An AVENGERS WORLD.

avengers-world-marvel-now-cap-thor.jpg
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-17-2018 at 02:19 PM.

you are preaching to my soul with this post! all of it is so true. honestly if anyone should be given the premiere female treatment at marvel its sue as she is their first female superhero. it's a shame the lengths to which fans go to try to get their favorites the type of recognition they should automatically get. but u are spot on with this post.

Right, I agree. Sadly Carol arguable the most DISLIKED character in Marvel since Tony Stark in Civil War. Even with Sue or Ororo or Jean back in the mix(Praises to the Merger) Marvel will still ONLY push Carol. Again I love me some Carol, but she doesn't deserve this spot. It's frustrating to see characters like Sue and Ororo and Jean and Rogue get Dookied(i'm sorry to use that word, but it's the truth. THEY ARE getting pooped on). Hell SHE-Hulk AND Gamora are getting more recognition for a change(Goof for them nothing against them), but they are far below the Women of Marvel I mentioned.

It's REALLY not hard I agree. That's why I call BS when Marvel said they wanted to increase the "Diversity" and pay more attention to the "Women" of Marvel. But it's whatever I mean HEY as Captain America said:

It's An AVENGERS WORLD.

avengers-world-marvel-now-cap-thor.jpg
    marvel selling the rights to their more popular properties didnt help the xwomen or sue. I dont care for ms. marvel, captain marvel, carol or whatever her name is now but as crimz stated this all really is due to marvel doing.

So it seems that Storm is a left-wing liberal who brought the hurricane to Florida to help the dems out:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/m...um-win-office/

jokes but I wonder what party she would be associated with if she was real.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But that's exactly what Storm does...and has done on several occasions...push beyond the limits of "real world logic". Under stress, she's created Day After Tomorrow-type Supercells, she's more than capable of creating an extreme wind/pressure generated tidal wave.

It's all general speculation, either way, as the text does not implicitly corroborate one or the other.
    Storm has been shown to control water itself since her second story. Notice it says the water "gathers the soldiers like a living thing".

flashflood.jpg

Storm has ridden the ocean waves.

waterbendoceanwave.jpg

And she picked up a downed Blackbird with the ocean itself, utilizing it like a 'liquid atmosphere'.

gulfstreamoceanmaster2.jpg

The largest wind blown waves recorded are barely 100 feet tall, and are the result of continuous wind blowing over a large body of water for hours(days really) at a time in one direction. Storm made her several hundreds of feet tall wave almost instantaneously*she flew from Atlantis(somewhere in the Atlantic) to Genosha(near Madagascar in the Indian Ocean) and delivered the wave within minutes. Wind blown waves don't get much larger than 100 feet because the water breaks, or shears off the top, and falls back down. There is no way Storm could make a wave so monstrously large without controlling the water itself at least in part*which canon shows she can do.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-17-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm has been shown to control water itself since her second story. Notice it says the water "gathers the soldiers like a living thing".

flashflood.jpg

Storm has ridden the ocean waves.

waterbendoceanwave.jpg

And she picked up a downed Blackbird with the ocean itself, utilizing it like a 'liquid atmosphere'.

gulfstreamoceanmaster2.jpg

The largest wind blown waves recorded are barely 100 feet tall, and are the result of continuous wind blowing over a large body of water for hours(days really) at a time in one direction. Storm made her several hundreds of feet tall wave almost instantaneously*she flew from Atlantis(somewhere in the Atlantic) to Genosha(near Madagascar in the Indian Ocean) and delivered the wave within minutes. Wind blown waves don't get much larger than 100 feet because the water breaks, or shears off the top, and falls back down. There is no way Storm could make a wave so monstrously large without controlling the water itself at least in part*which canon shows she can do.
    Yes that is correct. I agree. Also, you forgot one. Yoga Buddy remember this?:

7148BC71-404B-418B-8059-0E02CE8E72A8.jpg
    25923BD8-733E-4D81-800E-E59707DB91A2.jpg
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-17-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Yes that is correct. I agree. Also, you forgot one. Yoga Buddy remember this?:

7148BC71-404B-418B-8059-0E02CE8E72A8.jpg
    25923BD8-733E-4D81-800E-E59707DB91A2.jpg
    No, I remembered that one too, but I already reached my 3 image per post quota and the point was already made. But thanks for posting that one too! That was a great story, Storm was all sorts of sassy!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!