Page 159 of 192 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2875
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Bald head notwithstanding, I just don't like Noto's work. Couldn't stand all those Gold covers he got, and this one, while more rendered than most of those, still rubs me the wrong way.
    you mean to tell me you not liking he dororo look after black panther?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who snatched her scalp?

Eh, she’s been bald before doesn’t bother me. I can deal, but what is this Event about???

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Eh, she’s been bald before doesn’t bother me. I can deal, but what is this Event about???
    in one word: nostalgia.

none of this can be used in the battle forum though.. so that said enjoy honey.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Default Never Forget

On October 19, 2016,Ta-nahesi Coates, the current writer of Black Panther, reintroduced a character to the mythos of Wakanda many years after a controversial marriage between Tchalla and Ororo had ended. Ororo appeared back in the Black Panther franchise in issue 7 of Black Panther as a part of the Crew. There was no real indication then but Coates had big plans in store for the character, something that had not been seen arguably since it was announced she would wed Tchalla.

Nearly a year later on October 18, 2017 Marvel released a short-lived series called Black Panther and the Crew which featured Ororo and focused heavily on her historical connection to Harlem. This series was a first for marvel where Yona Harvey, an African American woman, was hired to write a story that highlighted issues impacting black communities such as gentrification. Coates in the second season (2016) of Black Panther book hinted in issue 17 and then officially confirmed in issue 172 that Ororo was an actual goddess. This not only fulfilled what Claremont had hinted years prior but also made a reality Len Weins original concept for the character of being an actual goddess.

People mistakenly believe the wanting of Storm to be a goddess is based in a desire for her to be the most powerful. Though this is great for battle forums, it goes far beyond that. As Wonder Woman is a symbol of strength for women, Storm symbolizes strength for both black women and men who see themselves in this character. I understand she has a connection to all types of people but in a medium such as comics where you rarely see black characters as visible or as popular as her, the importance for black people is just that more important and meaningful.

Claremont changed the world of comics by not only making a woman the lead of a popular superhero team, but also a black woman during a time when such a thing never occurred. I don't believe it to be a coincidence that Ororo post Claremont treatment has generally been as wallpaper and as a token. I also don't think it's a coincidence that when given the opportunity black creators and writers represent her she as powerful and regal. These writers show genuine interest in making her central to the storytelling beyond just being a token. I know there is an effort by some within the xoffice and outside it to make her just a mutant. However, dont let those who wish to ignore what Coates done allow you to forget the efforts Coates has made to remind readers of her importance and of her strength. We dont have to settle for a version of Storm meant to diminish and reduce what she was intended to always be.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you mean to tell me you not liking he dororo look after black panther?
    I am indifferent to the bald look, I just don't like Noto's style in general.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Who snatched her scalp?

I wonder if she has Dora Milaje training?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

in one word: nostalgia.

none of this can be used in the battle forum though.. so that said enjoy honey.
    What does the battle forum have to do with Storm being Bald???

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I am indifferent to the bald look, I just don't like Noto's style in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    What does the battle forum have to do with Storm being Bald???
    i was joking. it's basically 616 storm that is pulled into an alternate reality. it's not 616 storm but she is 616.

yea I just looked again I can see his foot. and I like Jean's hair very retro. she should keep it after this tragic event is over.

and I'm liking kitty/Laura. that's a cute look.
    Are we sure that's Jean? She looks so young. Could it be Hope Summers?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Yes we are. Hope's kinda irrelevant in the X-world. Jean's the one getting the push currently

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    yea I'm pretty confident. the gr÷en look is a nod to her O5 look.

so looking forward to shuri this Wednesday. I hope the hadari yao blessed us this week.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-19-2018 at 01:58 AM.

Yes we are. Hope's kinda irrelevant in the X-world. Jean's the one getting the push currently
    Funny, my dislike for Hope still persists...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

it is. I love the art very much the artist definitely knows how to show her fierceness.

did you read uncanny and ff? your thoughts?
    I only perused them at the shop but didn’t buy them.

FF was....OK. I just don’t find them interesting enough to keep me engaged and the fact that all those characters were included and didn’t do anything felt like a big wasted opportunity/teaser FAIL for Slott. It woudl have been better if they made it a multi-issue fight where we can see the FF + their extended FF family interact more & get more panel time to make such a massive team-up pay-off/be worthwhile.

Uncanny was.....meh for me. Storm had some decent panel time and I liked the Jean/Storm “sister”, but I hope we all see that with Ororo and Psylocke. I think they’ve done a decent job of building a closer relationship between Betsy and Ororo and I’d hate to see that lossed in favor of Jean/Storm. I’m also rolling my eyes at Storm not taking a more active role in leading (though the next preview seems to indicate she’ll lead a field team). I don’t see why Ororo needs to take a backseat for Jean, though I know she’d supoort her in that role. With respect to her not being able to “fix” that unnatural rain storm/lake with life in it....I’ll wait to see what the explanation is. Hopefully its logical (like what Doom did to Wakanda during Doomwarcwoth nanotechnology).

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I only perused them at the shop but didn’t buy them.

FF was....OK. I just don’t find them interesting enough to keep me engaged and the fact that all those characters were included and didn’t do anything felt like a big wasted opportunity/teaser FAIL for Slott. It woudl have been better if they made it a multi-issue fight where we can see the FF + their extended FF family interact more & get more panel time to make such a massive team-up pay-off/be worthwhile.

Uncanny was.....meh for me. Storm had some decent panel time and I liked the Jean/Storm “sister”, but I hope we all see that with Ororo and Psylocke. I think they’ve done a decent job of building a closer relationship between Betsy and Ororo and I’d hate to see that lossed in favor of Jean/Storm. I’m also rolling my eyes at Storm not taking a more active role in leading (though the next preview seems to indicate she’ll lead a field team). I don’t see why Ororo needs to take a backseat for Jean, though I know she’d supoort her in that role. With respect to her not being able to “fix” that unnatural rain storm/lake with life in it....I’ll wait to see what the explanation is. Hopefully its logical (like what Doom did to Wakanda during Doomwarcwoth nanotechnology).

oh I don't blame you for not buying them.

yea the teaser of all the past f4 members helping on battle was once again a ploy by writers to get fans of certain characters invested with no real follow through. it honestly could have happened without any of the extended f4 members there and it would have been the same story.

lolol. I like the jean/ororo moments too. I'm honestly not too bothered by storm taking a backseat. honestly it was expected. I much prefer an ororo who gets things done and is assertive but to expect anything else after the gold tragedy would require me to ignore the years upon years of bad writing of her character. I will say I like the weekly releases of uncanny and it appears ororo will have more to do this issue. We will see.

On the comics front i kind of feel like we are in limbo so while i'm enjoying the x-books for what they are right now i don't think most of the stories in the next few months will have a lingering aspect or that Storm is going to do too much to be honest but i'm still enjoying it and thats a lot better than the terrigen days.

I am becoming semi obsessed with Storm's new outfit. Proably my most "complete" Storm drawing. Really tried to render it with more detail.

stormy2.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/