Page 157 of 192 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2875

Interesting choice of costume, given that Storm officially ditched that one in Wakanda during X-Men Red for her most recent one that T'Challa helped fabricate. When the hell is BP's book supposed to be taking place given he is currently leading the Avengers(and that run has to take place after X-Men Red because Atlantis is destroyed and Namor furious with surface worlders again)? Anyways, I like her braids, though the artist has forgotten her widow's peak.

Finally got around to reading Uncanny. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was prepared for. I'm not into Madrox at all, but it was nice to see everyone else in one book again. Bishop particularly was missed. His backup story had the weakest colorist/artist, but it was good to hear his monologue again(not sure when they adopted his TAS time watch/computer thing into 616 continuity, but okay). Hated what Ororo was wearing to meet Jean for coffee(pants and a jacket and a dress, come on, it's not like she's going to get cold...), but I loved her look under Asrar and whoever did this page:

RCO061.jpg

Anole was annoying in his backup story with Armor though. Look, you are what, not even 20 yet? Stay in your lane. A few missions/x-overs does not make you the equal of the vets(X-23 needs to chill too; assassin-childhood withstanding, she's still new to the hero gig too) yet, and besides, Storm, Cyke, Wolvie, Jean, Emma, and all the others have had plenty of sewer missions too over the years. Stay in your lane(just as I was starting to warm up to him. What happened to his cool arm, btw?).

Plot-wise, the writers are putting a lot of irons in the fire, but the weekly schedule should allow them to progress at a good pace. I'm not looking forward to Legion and X-Man's alternate reality nonsense, but this three-writer team is performing a bit better than I had anticipated. Maybe by issue #12/13 we can actually get a decent Uncanny out of them yet.... I'm certainly not holding my breath for mega-Storm plots, but I'd take a well-rounded team showing as a consolation at this point. Keep Kitty tied up all run and we might be on to something with a Jean/Ororo co-leadership.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I actually found the story interesting....well somewhat. I think the only thing that bugged me was Storm is not taking charge of the situation. She seems to be fine with letting Jean run everything and her voice/portrayal seems to echo or supporting whatever Jean wants to do. Hopefully, that changes as the story progressives.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-16-2018 at 07:32 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Storm appearance in Shuri #2 preview.

I'm excited for this, I love how involved Storm is now with T'Challa's family and Wakanda. How about a Dora Milaje + Shuri + Storm book all about keeping Wakanda safe, would be an amazing cast.

They tried something like that with Wakanda Forever. Didnt excite the audience. Lol.

BANNED

The Art is Eh. But very interested to see what happens

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Sprites are still poorly understood. They are huge(50 miles up) and luminous(bright enough to be seen in the daylight), but I haven't seen a paper yet that completely understands their mechanics, and I'm not sure of the exact energy yields. There are a number of exotic atmospheric phenomena that I'd love to see Storm play with more.

https://www.livescience.com/42731-we...ing-types.html

As for Claremont; no! Without his run, there really wouldn't be an X-Men to talk about at all. Never regret experiencing greatness, even if all else pales in comparison!
    thanks for the info love. nothing against lightning but seeing all the different types of phenomena that does occur with weather it would be nice to see something beyond just lightning.

and yea without Claremont the xmen wouldnt be a thing. before he came on for giant size I believe the series was on the verge of cancellation. so I agree.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

awww it's so nice to see shuri comforting ororo. and though the art isnt that great I will be picking this issue up. in regards to the continuity this would seem by her costume to be before the events in red; however, her new suit technically is supposed to protect them against sentinites so I'm ok with her not wearing it all the time and will assume this is happening in parallel to current timeline.

and yes you do not mess with her man. cant wait for ororo to put nunakia in her place.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Interesting choice of costume, given that Storm officially ditched that one in Wakanda during X-Men Red for her most recent one that T'Challa helped fabricate. When the hell is BP's book supposed to be taking place given he is currently leading the Avengers(and that run has to take place after X-Men Red because Atlantis is destroyed and Namor furious with surface worlders again)? Anyways, I like her braids, though the artist has forgotten her widow's peak.

Finally got around to reading Uncanny. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was prepared for. I'm not into Madrox at all, but it was nice to see everyone else in one book again. Bishop particularly was missed. His backup story had the weakest colorist/artist, but it was good to hear his monologue again(not sure when they adopted his TAS time watch/computer thing into 616 continuity, but okay). Hated what Ororo was wearing to meet Jean for coffee(pants and a jacket and a dress, come on, it's not like she's going to get cold...), but I loved her look under Asrar and whoever did this page:

RCO061.jpg

Anole was annoying in his backup story with Armor though. Look, you are what, not even 20 yet? Stay in your lane. A few missions/x-overs does not make you the equal of the vets(X-23 needs to chill too; assassin-childhood withstanding, she's still new to the hero gig too) yet, and besides, Storm, Cyke, Wolvie, Jean, Emma, and all the others have had plenty of sewer missions too over the years. Stay in your lane(just as I was starting to warm up to him. What happened to his cool arm, btw?).

Plot-wise, the writers are putting a lot of irons in the fire, but the weekly schedule should allow them to progress at a good pace. I'm not looking forward to Legion and X-Man's alternate reality nonsense, but this three-writer team is performing a bit better than I had anticipated. Maybe by issue #12/13 we can actually get a decent Uncanny out of them yet.... I'm certainly not holding my breath for mega-Storm plots, but I'd take a well-rounded team showing as a consolation at this point. Keep Kitty tied up all run and we might be on to something with a Jean/Ororo co-leadership.

as I was just mentioning technically the new outfit was just meant to be used functionally to prevent the team from being affected by the sentinites. that said, if this threat was neutralized she wouldnt have a need for it. however, the timeline does seem to be all over the place I would like to know to when this is happening though we know writers have tended to write what they want disregarding other writers.

and like your analysis of the story. I thought the focal stories at the end was more entertaining than the main story. and I wouldnt expect mega storm plots either in any xbook. with Scott and Logan soon to be returning its going to be summees-grey-logan and maybe frost show.

Or it could just be that she was lsat seen with her old costume in Wakanda and thats where she left it. She went for a visit and needed a change of clothes and picked that since it was already there waiting for her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Or it could just be that she was lsat seen with her old costume in Wakanda and thats where she left it. She went for a visit and needed a change of clothes and picked that since it was already there waiting for her
    lolol sure that works too.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and yea without Claremont the xmen wouldnt be a thing. before he came on for giant size I believe the series was on the verge of cancellation. so I agree.
    Well, technically Claremont did help a tiny bit on Giant Sized(he came up with the electromagnet gravity-cancelling tactic), but it was actually Len Wein and Dave Cockrum who wrote and drew that issue(and relaunched the X-Men conceptually, creating Nightcrawler, Thunderbird, Colossus, and Storm). Len was too busy editing and writing a bunch of other books at the time, so he let newbie/intern Chris take over X-Men for him(which had been in reprints for 5 years at that point). The rest is history!!

To their credit, though, Len and Dave had imagined Ororo as an ancient immortal goddess from Kenya(no American birth/parentage/orphan in Cairo backstory), so it would have been interesting to see their version of the character play out, but Claremont certainly did capture lightning in a bottle in that first run, so I guess it was for the best really(but I do lowkey want an alternate Ororo who is just a straight up African weather goddess!!!).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 11-16-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Considering Cassandra Nova mind-controlled her into almost killing her friends, and herself, in that costume, I kinda feel she actually would have just trashed it as soon as she regained her senses. Besides, if Ororo needed something else to wear in Wakanda, I'm sure she could come up with something far better(*trumpets and talking drums issue*"Bring forth the Goddess-Queen's royal wardrobe!"). Also, I can't stand it when artists put her diadem on top of her head. It's supposed to hug the face, not go over the skull. Anyways, I'm sure the editors just didn't coordinate properly with this artist in time for them to know about the newer costume.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 11-16-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Well, technically Claremont did help a tiny bit on Giant Sized(he came up with the electromagnet gravity-cancelling tactic), but it was actually Len Wein and Dave Cockrum who wrote and drew that issue(and relaunched the X-Men conceptually, creating Nightcrawler, Thunderbird, Colossus, and Storm). Len was too busy editing and writing a bunch of other books at the time, so he let newbie/intern Chris take over X-Men for him(which had been in reprints for 5 years at that point). The rest is history!!

To their credit, though, Len and Dave had imagined Ororo as an ancient immortal goddess from Kenya(no American birth/parentage/orphan in Cairo backstory), so it would have been interesting to see their version of the character play out, but Claremont certainly did capture lightning in a bottle in that first run, so I guess it was for the best really(but I do lowkey want an alternate Ororo who is just a straight up African weather goddess!!!).
    thank you for the correction as they most definitely deserve props for that (rip to them both).

I would have liked seeing the ancient immortal goddess play out. it's very interesting that the original idea of her being an actual goddess is actually just now being explored over 40 years later.

I was going to say didnt we have an alternate storm who was married to thor who was an actual goddess? I think dazzler was featured on that book.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Storm is apparently bald in Age of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Storm is apparently bald in Age of X.
    Who snatched her scalp?