Page 18 of 192 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

at least she went out looking cute

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when the real ororo is needing more attention and development there is absolutely NO need for a second alternate version. good riddance
    This. I hate when alternates stay in the main universe, it takes away from the original. There's a reason that there is a culling going on with the Wolverine clones now that he's coming back.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

While this version of Bloodstorm was nothing compared to the original Mackie version in Mutant X, I'm quite surprised to see you all celebrating her demise. Brought into Blue to be the token black girl and then 'fridged by freaking Ahab to generate some cheap thrills for Tyke, and y'all are okay with this? She deserved better. She should have been the powerhouse. A Dracula-heir vampire with Storm's powers? There is no way she shouldn't have been smiting everything and everybody.

Boo, Marvel. Booooo!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This. I hate when alternates stay in the main universe, it takes away from the original. There's a reason that there is a culling going on with the Wolverine clones now that he's coming back.
    exactly enough with the clones...

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    While this version of Bloodstorm was nothing compared to the original Mackie version in Mutant X, I'm quite surprised to see you all celebrating her demise. Brought into Blue to be the token black girl and then 'fridged by freaking Ahab to generate some cheap thrills for Tyke, and y'all are okay with this? She deserved better. She should have been the powerhouse. A Dracula-heir vampire with Storm's powers? There is no way she shouldn't have been smiting everything and everybody.

Boo, Marvel. Booooo!

I have always had a hard time getting into or caring about alternate reality versions of characters. if any of that had happened to 616 storm I would be right there with u in being outraged but that isnt the case. I need and want marvel to give ororo the long over due respect she deserves as the once most popular black superhero. I need and want stories about ororo outside of ones written by black writers to showcase her as the goddess she truly is who is beyond just shooting lightning. when that day comes may I can care about cheap duplicates but until then issa no for me beloved.

besides I could NEVER ship for a storm who was in to any version of cyclops...
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-16-2018 at 12:04 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    at least she went out looking cute
    Chile ain't nothing cute about this

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

See, he even had time to call her a vampire mutant before stabbing her. Homegirl should have turnt around and grabbed him by the throat before he even finished the second syllable. And she over there helping Tyke's punk ass off the floor. Gurl, contain the situation first!

Anyways, while I am all about proper Ororo getting her due first and foremost, I won't overlook such a petty piece of storytelling.

See, he even had time to call her a vampire mutant before stabbing her. Homegirl should have turnt around and grabbed him by the throat before he even finished the second syllable. And she over there helping Tyke's punk ass off the floor. Gurl, contain the situation first!

Anyways, while I am all about proper Ororo getting her due first and foremost, I won't overlook such a petty piece of storytelling.
    yea ain't know way a vampiric storm would be caught off guard like that. between her heightened senses and her regular power she should be be virtually unstoppable. but this is the continuing trend with xwriters and storm (any version). and how many times do we have to see storm being impaled? wake me when the real storm stands up. I havent seen her in an xbook since wood wrote her. next...

yea ain't know way a vampiric storm would be caught off guard like that. between her heightened senses and her regular power she should be be virtually unstoppable. but this is the continuing trend with xwriters and storm (any version). and how many times do we have to see storm being impaled? wake me when the real storm stands up. I havent seen her in an xbook since wood wrote her. next...

BANNED

While I couldn't care less about Bloodstorm, I would say that there is no reason she couldn't have turned to mist to avoid being impaled. The guy did announce his presence to her before he stabbed her.

Nobody would ever know that Storm is an A-lister and Marvel's premier female character if they read the X-crap Marvel has been putting out for the last couple of years. Again, I maintain that Marvel is purposely trying to scale her back just to try and prop up other characters in her place. Said other characters would never be able to compete with a well-written Storm, so the hack job is what we get. It's sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    While I couldn't care less about Bloodstorm, I would say that there is no reason she couldn't have turned to mist to avoid being impaled. The guy did announce his presence to her before he stabbed her.

Nobody would ever know that Storm is an A-lister and Marvel's premier female character if they read the X-crap Marvel has been putting out for the last couple of years. Again, I maintain that Marvel is purposely trying to scale her back just to try and prop up other characters in her place. Said other characters would never be able to compete with a well-written Storm, so the hack job is what we get. It's sad, really.
    how do you think ororo will be impacted moving forward with extermination and uncanny?

how do you think ororo will be impacted moving forward with extermination and uncanny?
    I think we have to see how Uncanny 1-10 play out to get any real indication. I could be hopeful, but I still don't see how Storm would take commands from Kitty or Jean for real...

BANNED

Extermination already made it clear which X-female is going to be at the forefront of what's coming, and it isn't Ororo. Again, Storm is being scaled back so that characters with less presence, less powerful backstories, and less powerful abilities than she can shine. Storm's presence is going to be negligible. She's just going to be there as the token black girl to fill out the wallpaper in the background.

BANNED

I think we have to see how Uncanny 1-10 play out to get any real indication. I could be hopeful, but I still don't see how Storm would take commands from Kitty or Jean for real...
    Say what? We both know what to expect in Uncanny 1-10. Dollars to donuts Storm gets written down and regulated to the background. Now, come on, Yogaflame, stop acting like it's a mystery.

We can hope for the best, but realistically expect the worst.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-16-2018 at 01:12 AM.

lmfao lolol

I wish writers would seriously think how these characters would engage each other if they were real. it's no way in a hell a character like ororo (if we are talking Claremont ororo) would ever take orders from jean or kitty. its absolutely absurd and I wish they would just stop. let her go find herself or lead her own team, go off to space. something... but her being led by those two is simply laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Extermination already made it clear which X-female is going to be at the forefront of what's coming, and it isn't Ororo. Again, Storm is being scaled back so that characters with less presence, less powerful backstories, and less powerful abilities than she can shine. Storm's presence is going to be negligible. She's just going to be there as the token black girl to fill out the wallpaper in the background.
    ugh I hate it but ur absolutely right it's truly sad. I wont be being this or any xbook until they do right by ororo.