Page 15 of 192 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If they were going to kill Storm, it should have happened in AvX. Its not like she's had great writing since. They could have made T'Challa a widower instead of that dumb forced annulment and Coates could have brought her back in the pages of Black Panther as a goddess being resurrected
    That would have been really cool.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I don’t think they’re looking to kill Storm (or any of the big name X-Men). Part of me hopes the Extermination & Disassembled is a total franchise reboot. Keep issue #s the same but whole new direction/team books/solos that has MU wide relevance. And I want to see Storm at the helm on this. I’m exhausted abd flabbergasted at the cycle of mutants struggling to survive and....?...then they do it all over again :-/...

If they were going to kill Storm, it should have happened in AvX. Its not like she's had great writing since. They could have made T'Challa a widower instead of that dumb forced annulment and Coates could have brought her back in the pages of Black Panther as a goddess being resurrected
    This would've been amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I don’t think they’re looking to kill Storm (or any of the big name X-Men). Part of me hopes the Extermination & Disassembled is a total franchise reboot. Keep issue #s the same but whole new direction/team books/solos that has MU wide relevance. And I want to see Storm at the helm on this. I’m exhausted abd flabbergasted at the cycle of mutants struggling to survive and....?...then they do it all over again :-/...
    Ugh. You stay spilling the tea. I'm tired of this fight for survival didn't we just go through that??
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Ugh. You stay spilling the tea. I'm tired of this fight for survival didn't we just go through that??
    This is either the second or third time we've read this story.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Hey. Watch what you say that sounds mighty accurate.
    They totally would kill her off in the XBook and have her resurrection in another .

Ugh lol I remember the heated debates we used to have over the Storm vs Cyclops duel and that ridiculous retcon lol (or should I say retcon attempt). It’s interesting about the “Abandoned” component, and this is where I think a big part of the answer to the debate comes from - To my knowledge the retcon has never been mentioned ever since. Only the original loss has been acknowledged since then (may in his OHOTMU entry...?). Off the top of my head it came up in WAP, during Scott’s blindfold H2H feat, in an issue of Whedon’s Astonishing, and in a canon X-Men mini bio for Storm. I always thought a fight between them sans powers would be epic, brutal, bloody and close. With powers I think it would heavily favor Storm.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    lol. The same guy who wrote the fight helped retcon it.

Yeah, praise Claremont.

I love how people are still upset that Scott lost though, like is it really that hard to believe that Storm is sneaky enough to escape him plus fast and agile enough to dodge his blasts for a defeat?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

doesnt matter how she won or the circumstances behind it. she still won and she won again in WAP:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

https://screenrant.com/xmen-storm-body-trivia/

this is a pretty comprehensive look at her abilities I thought it was pretty much accurate.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-14-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

uncx2018001_cov-cropped.jpg

Uniform looks okay I guess. I'm just wondering why Jean has her eyes white
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    uncx2018001_cov-cropped.jpg

Uniform looks okay I guess. I'm just wondering why Jean has her eyes white

here's full image. is this the official team? jean and iceman on the same team as storm??? this may not end well for our weather goddess.