Page 117 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2875
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thanks. I thought she used her winds to elevate the water and hurl a tsunami at Nova
    You're welcome. I think that is what many thought as well. I mean either is impressive (even though i prefer her actually moving the water itself akin to how she described in her solo she could do). Guess it's time to get clarification from Taylor.

LOL
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is a pretty awesome list. I really loved number 7. To see how effective she can be, even when powerless, was truly in itself a feat. Claremont really demonstrated how well-rounded and resourceful she can be as character. It's something I really miss in her characterization.

Wasn't it truly amazing that she was able to beat Wonder Woman (arguably the most popular female superhero) in a popularity contest? It was truly a testament to the fact she can soar above many of these characters if she is given the opportunity. Imagine where the All-goddess would be if she was given the Captain Marvel special. LOL

And as a child I never realized how incredibly powerful Storm was in Storm Front; however, looking back obviously she was such a beast in that episode. The only cartoon (imo) to get even close to how she appears in the comics.

When did Storm become a Gladiator? And I forgot Shuri came out I need to check this out. I'm glad to hear you liked it.

Also, your number one was pretty awesome feat!
    When Storm fought in the Arena and was a Gladiator. You don't remember that? Her and Callisto and here Octopus arms....

Yeah, Shuri wasn't that bad. In fact it was Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    When Storm fought in the Arena and was a Gladiator?? You don't remember that? WOW shame on you.
    I remember some of the scans from that where she fought the speedster but I actually haven't read that story yet. And this coming from the person who hasn't read all the classic Uncanny Xmen.

Gurl boom.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

She had to manipulate the actual water to get it that high. It was several hundred feet tall(taller than skycrappers). Wind blown water can't get that high(hurricanes and waterspouts, for example, never create waves that large). Storm can control water too, it's just a much more rare feat.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She had to manipulate the actual water to get it that high. It was several hundred feet tall(taller than skycrappers). Wind blown water can't get that high(hurricanes and waterspouts, for example, never create waves that large). Storm can control water too, it's just a much more rare feat.
    This is actually my thoughts on this as well. Also, you never seen any actual wind drawn only thunder clouds. So I agree with you here!

BANNED

I remember some of the scans from that where she fought the speedster but I actually haven't read that story yet. And this coming from the person who hasn't read all the classic Uncanny Xmen.

Gurl boom.

Gurl you a Lie. You remember nothing, that's why you didn't know what I was talking about and someone had to clarify for you. And I read a portion of the Classic X-Men that's why i'm re-reading it. Thank you very much.

Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-17-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Gurl you a Lie. You remember nothing, that's why you didn't know what I was talking about and someone had to clarify for you. And I read a portion of the Classic X-Men that's why i'm re-reading it. Thank you very much.

Awwww honey boo dont be salty cause you got called out after coming for me. I've seen the scans and even have used them in a few battle threads.

again I just havent read the run... but again when u finish ALL of the classic uncanny storoes then you can sit at the table. until then:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-17-2018 at 11:02 AM.

So how's the petition doing?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thanks. I thought she used her winds to elevate the water and hurl a tsunami at Nova
    That's what I read too.

Ocean waves are generally created by wind blowing over the water's surface (whereas a Tsunami is caused by tectonic movement of the ocean floor) and the lower the air pressure the bigger the wave so...A combination of both wind and air pressure manipulation along with Storm "exceeding her limits" could create such a large and devastating wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    So how's the petition doing?
    hi beloved how have you been?

the petition is going ok. we are just shy of 200 signatures!!! which honestly when I started this I didnt think we would get 20. I remember joking with StormPhoenix about this so overall I'm really happy with the response and support. however, we still have a long way to go so please share with your friends, fam, acquaintances, coworkers whoever lolol

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-marv...dari-yao-4ever

S/N: what was most exciting so far is that the Queen Ms. Bartel herself liked the tweet I shared with her about this petition so that was super encouraging. It shows she still wants to do this title with Coates which gives me a lot of hope.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-17-2018 at 11:09 AM.

BANNED

:-) Not salty at all sweety. You just didn't know what anyone was talking about. Until you got clarity. Shame On You. Still. So how about you get ya facts straight before coming for someone. :-)
    *You've just be Checked*
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-17-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Will post a top list later on but I agree with Yoga on the wave...

Applying real work logic here (not recommended for comics but still) - what wind generated ocean wave has ever reached the heights of skyscrapers?

I can see if Storm was going all “Day After Tomorrow” on Nova (so not opposed to some mega super winds being used to generate a wave) but it seems more logical to me that she manipulated the ocean water directly. Technically it is her 3rd or 4th time on panel doing this (though this is by far the MOST impressive/volume from a body of liquid water) to date.

:-) Not salty at all sweety. You just didn't know what anyone was talking about. So how about you get ya facts straight before coming for someone. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Will post a top list later on but I agree with Yoga on the wave...

Applying real work logic here (not recommended for comics but still) - what wind generated ocean wave has ever reached the heights of skyscrapers?

I can see if Storm was going all “Day After Tomorrow” on Nova (so not opposed to some mega super winds being used to generate a wave) but it seems more logical to me that she manipulated the ocean water directly. Technically it is her 3rd or 4th time on panel doing this (though this is by far the MOST impressive/volume from a body of liquid water) to date.
    hey boo!!! I cant wait to see your top 10.

Now in regards to your question, I agree real world logic wind hasnt been shown capable of doing this but we know ororo can go beyond the limits of natural weather of what occurs on earth. That said, I'm still not inclined to believe it wasnt wind because the artist didnt depict any wind blowing.

This would most certainly be her most impressive direct manipulation of water feat. Taylor did her good that issue.

LOL....I missed you guys

LOL....I missed you guys
    awwwww I missed yall too.. yall are some of the best posters here!!! its always a fun and entertaining time....