Page 178 of 192 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2875
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    OK, from the looks of it SEEMS that Marvel is just changing the Origins of how characters and Teams get started.

For the X-Men the only thing Marvel can say is that Charles Encountered a mutant when he developed his powers at a young age BEFORE he met shadow king.

So, Storm should be protected(Kinda since Charles First mutant he came across was Storm) AHHH!!!!! were in trouble!!!!!
    trust me boo. I really dont see the All-goddess popping up here. I think at minimum we get something about what made Xavier want to create the Xmen or some crap like that and at worst there is something that touches who inspired the O5 to be Xmen or something like that. I don't think these reveals will impact the giant size issue xmen. but I dont know the fact that wolverine is a part of the giant size could be problematic as he is so popular they may try to link him in some fashion. guess we will final out soon enough lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-11-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    trust me boo. I really dont see the All-goddess popping up here. I think at minimum we get something about what made Xavier want to create the Xmen or some crap like that and at worst there is something that touches who inspired the O5 to be Xmen or something like that. I don't think these reveals will impact the giant size issue xmen. but I dont know the fact that wolverine is a part of the giant size could be problematic as he is so popular they may try to link him in some fashion. guess we will final out soon enough lol
    I agree. I'm sure they will change something about Magneto as well.

I agree. I'm sure they will change something about Magneto as well.
    which if any of that occurred including anything related magneto I would have zero concern. just dont mess with my ro.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I can see it now. Phoenix Wolverine is the cause of the X-gene like in the Ultimate Universe.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I can see it now. Phoenix Wolverine is the cause of the X-gene like in the Ultimate Universe.

Storm is safe. It's Jean who's getting the retcon from the X-Men side of things.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Storm is safe. It's Jean who's getting the retcon from the X-Men side of things.
    oh do you have a link boo?

nvm found it: I figured it would affect one of the O5 so not surprised by this:
    https://twitter.com/AiPTcomics/statu...89771862622209

Attachment 74834

so it seems a retcon of another retcon. I like jean but not enough to care either way. as long as it doesnt impact our gurl I'm good. thanks crimz for the update.

BANNED

nvm found it: I figured it would affect one of the O5 so not surprised by this:

Attachment 74834

so it seems a retcon of another retcon. I like jean but not enough to care either way. as long as it doesnt impact our gurl I'm good. thanks crimz for the update.
    PHEW!!! Safe!!! but POOR JEANNIE!!! NO.

PHEW!!! Safe!!! but POOR JEANNIE!!! NO.
    I think she will be fine. instead of Phoenix force putting her in the cacoon it will be wolverine lol

and I knew our gurl would b fine.

BANNED

yea that pony would be really cute. you know this look actually puts in to mind another iconic look from one of my fav movies:

bish yassss ma'am!!! you been reading mine too!

OK! Cheers bish lmao

BANNED

[QUOTE=butterflykyss;4073920]nvm found it: I figured it would affect one of the O5 so not surprised by this:

Attachment 74834

so it seems a retcon of another retcon. I like jean but not enough to care either way. as long as it doesnt impact our gurl I'm good. thanks crimz for the update.[/QUOTE

I guess Jean and Captain America didn’t survive the Marvel Editor’s Snap

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    OK! Cheers bish lmao
    lolol u got me rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post

I guess Jean and Captain America didn’t survive the Marvel Editor’s Snap
    they did not.

I agree with all of this. As much as I liked the crew I understand the point being made about the story not being compelling. Additionally, you make a great point about it not tying in to the larger/more popular main MU stories. For titles like these to be successful it is essential that the Main stories link to the satellite ones. And as much as the Avengers bore me you are absolutely right about being FAR BETTER diversified and passionate in telling new and creative stories.

BISH!!!! Really?? I didn't know he admitted to this. Do you have a link or reference to him making this admission? It would definitely explain a lot. The most unfortunate thing is that I believe the 90s set the tone for how she would be written many of the subsequent stories that followed which was a big disservice to the character. Though he had some nice moments for her this inability to fully grasp how her power worked i think was the catalyst that lead to current writers who didn't think her powers worked in space or that she had to have "weather" or an atmosphere for her powers to work. It is quite a shame. And agreed, I think anything that she would naturally control she should be immune to so her being burned by a heat blast of that degree would not be unreasonable.

LOLOL I don't disagree about the bad writing part in reference to Hudlin. The characterization was way off the mark. I just wanted to give him his due credit in relation to making her a queen and being a potential omega level mutant. Though his execution was lacking I don't think anyone could argue that he wasn't trying to elevate her importance within the MU. Yea i didn't care for the TP resistance (that being credited to Xavier as opposed to the static discharge in her brain, and the claustrophobia I didn't see it as necessarily regressive. It would be one thing for her to go willing into a sewer and the space getting tighter versus huge amounts of rocks falling over you where you have very little space to move/breathe. A similar thing happened when Willow Wilson wrote her in the burning man story. however, i do understand your points. For me Coates writing is spot on. Not only did he tie his storyline an obscure Uncanny issue where Adversary mentioned fearing Ororo, but also linked her up to having a tighter connection with her father's community harlem when she had down time when the Xmen were "dead" in the Outback. Add to this he made her a literal african/wakandan goddess. The man has definitely done his homework and the few missteps in terms of her power I can forgive when we consider how much he has done to elevate her profile.

Could you expand on the bolded?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Could you expand on the bolded?
    have you ever read the older uncanny stories starting with when she joined the xmen, lost her powers, fought cyclops for leadership for the xmen and won, led the the xmen team powerless, regained her powers and then "died" where the xmen lived in the outback? of you have then you should know exactly why I characterized hudlin as way off the mark.