Page 114 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2875
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What would Storm have been able to do against an earthquake, though? Besides fly them out of range. As far as I know, she was not considered an Earth-mover/elemental back then or showed any definitive skill in that area, as her powers were specifically applied to weather. So I'm not really seeing an "inconsistency".

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I'll just read it again, you lost me. LOL

Because I honestly don't see the difference they are both unnatural to me.
    do you have scans of this? I don't recall this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

From Zazie Beets:

I feel like growing up I always had an association with her. I mean, obviously, because being a young black woman that was the one I associated with. But I think that would have been a little fantasy of mine to do that, and sort of a nostalgic thing for me to try. So yeah, I’d say Storm.

it's so nice to see how influential storm has been to people. I'm hopeful post the fox merger the marvel office will be kinder to the character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So let me get this correct. So, Storm was not able to sense the Earthquake because it was generated by a Machine???
    Natural earthquakes are caused by the thermal convection currents of the mantle exerting pressure on the crust, which builds until it fractures and slips. Moses adds unnatural energy into the system to cause an earthquake where there naturally wouldn't. Expecting Ororo to sense his earthquake ahead of time is like expecting her to sense Magneto flipping the poles ahead of time. She would probably be able to sense a natural pole shift coming, but not a spontaneous, unnatural one. See the difference?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    From Zazie Beets:

I feel like growing up I always had an association with her. I mean, obviously, because being a young black woman that was the one I associated with. But I think that would have been a little fantasy of mine to do that, and sort of a nostalgic thing for me to try. So yeah, I’d say Storm.

it's so nice to see how influential storm has been to people. I'm hopeful post the fox merger the marvel office will be kinder to the character.
    I dont think fox ever realized how impactful Storm as a character was to many black kids especially black girls. Such a wasted opportunity with her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I dont think fox ever realized how impactful Storm as a character was to many black kids especially black girls. Such a wasted opportunity with her character.
    I can't wait to see MCU Ororo! Come on Coogler, BP2 is all you!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    it very much is a waste. I think it was the cartoon in the 90s that really resonated with so many people. there is still a chance because despite marvels lack of effort there are many people who are still a fan of the character. the faster foxmen is done and over the better chance we have in making this happen.

also please sign and share the petition posted a few pages back. every little bit helps.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can't wait to see MCU Ororo! Come on Coogler, BP2 is all you!
    I've seen si many people on Twitter asking that ororo appear in the sequel. I'm hopeful they will make it happen.

BANNED

Natural earthquakes are caused by the thermal convection currents of the mantle exerting pressure on the crust, which builds until it fractures and slips. Moses adds unnatural energy into the system to cause an earthquake where there naturally wouldn't. Expecting Ororo to sense his earthquake ahead of time is like expecting her to sense Magneto flipping the poles ahead of time. She would probably be able to sense a natural pole shift coming, but not a spontaneous, unnatural one. See the difference?

Makes Senses, thanks. :-)

I've seen si many people on Twitter asking that ororo appear in the sequel. I'm hopeful they will make it happen.
    I want young Ororo as a featured cameo(ala BP in CA:Civil War), and Namor/Atlantis as the antagonist, but that's probably being greedy.

Makes Senses, thanks. :-)

Glad we can come to an understanding!

to be fair here ororo has sensed unnatural effects before:

I want young Ororo as a featured cameo(ala BP in CA:Civil War), and Namor/Atlantis as the antagonist, but that's probably being greedy.
    I wouldnt mind that. I wonder how they are going to work the xmen in. like all the avengers are getting a little long in the tooth. I also really wish they would just cancel the xmen movies but I think that would be way more greedy than what you are askin for. lol

to be fair here ororo has sensed unnatural effects before:

Those are like 5000 years after this original Claremont run we are talking about....

Those are like 5000 years after this original Claremont run we are talking about....
    I'm simply stating canonically speaking storm can sense unnatural energies and honestly it should have been well within her power then to do so.

also the second scan technically happened during her stint as an early xmen member. .