Page 89 of 192 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2875
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Controlling Solar Winds is not the same as manipulating Time and Space on a Universal scale...but...what-ever...I was just being silly so y'all don't need to be so pressed.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-20-2018 at 08:30 AM.

BANNED

what are you talking about??? Nobody's pressed lol

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Because people can’t stand to see Storm do something amazing. Lol

You can have Storm manipulate Cosmic wind which is under her power to do so and people will STILL complain.

Starting to think Storm and a few other Heroes are characters that people can’t STAND TO WIN. That’s why I like her.....she’s and Underdog!!! Yay
    I think that as well. But I also think a big part of that is a specific fan who exaggerated her abilities on multiple sites so we get skepticism right out the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Thandie is lovely, I enjoyed her role in Solo, but I would love to have an actress without a white parent play Ororo for once. Also, while she would line up with Chadwick age-wise, I am also thinking we need a younger Ororo to start with.
    Found a picture of Nyakim Gatwech at the Emmy's and thought it was too bad she doesn't act. I could see Storm in her.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Found a picture of Nyakim Gatwech at the Emmy's and thought it was too bad she doesn't act. I could see Storm in her.

There is definitely a strong resemblance.

Also, Storm in manipulating space/cosmic weather is always cool to see. In addition to seeing more raw power displays, I would also like to see her empathic connection to nature explored more.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

There are definitely some models out there with the visual look appropriate for Ororo, but to get that, and the voice, and the acting all at once will be a great challenge.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

There are definitely some models out there with the visual look appropriate for Ororo, but to get that, and the voice, and the acting all at once will be a great challenge.
    Rebecca Romijin was a model and she's done quite a few acting roles since she got casted as Mystique. Granted, its not like she did much in the X-Men movies besides stand there and I definitely wouldn't want Storm to just stand there.

Ultimate Member

Went to Target trying to use my $5 off coupon before 10/5 and LOL I found the Marvel Legends Storm figure. It's RARE to see black figures in my neighborhood who are NOT of the WWE.

Got her for $14.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-X-Men-.../dp/B075LN6XJX

i highly recommend the X-men vignettes vol 1 and 2. some AMAZING art and storm moments. It was really cool seeing Storm attack someone with ozone air. Concentrated extremely hot air. I never really thought about her being able to use it in a small area to attack a specific person.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I've also been wondering. Can Storm use cerebro to increase her psionic link with the planet and the elements. I mean if triage can use it with machines, and other psionics with telepathy ,people, i don't see why no one has ever sat her in the machine to see what she could do with an even more enhanced awareness of nature and it's primal forces. I'm expecting it to end with a cerebro short out though. If Taylor has her hook up to cerebro and somehow destroy all the nanites i may faint.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-22-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I've also been wondering. Can Storm use cerebro to increase her psionic link with the planet and the elements. I mean if triage can use it with machines, and other psionics with telepathy ,people, i don't see why no one has ever sat her in the machine to see what she could do with an even more enhanced awareness of nature and it's primal forces. I'm expecting it to end with a cerebro short out though. If Taylor has her hook up to cerebro and somehow destroy all the nanites i may faint.
    Storm's natural range is already global, and even larger. I mean, she linked up with MILLIONS of stars and planets in that galactic core feat. That shows her un-enhanced range is tens of lightyears wide, at least. She doesn't really need machine amplification. Claremont once had her take out thousands of Sentinels all over the world(and even in near earth space) at once in that X-Men Gold special from a few years back(set circa Uncanny 175ish). That said, Pak did have her use Zero's various dupes in this manner, to allow her to do precise, diverse, uberpowerful feats all over the world, simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i highly recommend the X-men vignettes vol 1 and 2. some AMAZING art and storm moments. It was really cool seeing Storm attack someone with ozone air. Concentrated extremely hot air. I never really thought about her being able to use it in a small area to attack a specific person.
    What is X-men vignettes? Is it just reprint of other content?

What is X-men vignettes? Is it just reprint of other content?
    Yeah it just reprints. The Story in particular i really really loved was the one where Storm saved a writer who was thinking about suicide and another Storm started with Storm in a wedding dress and it just went totally left from there. There is also the one of Storm and Jean with the subway. Man its such a great collection of stories. With X-men back i marvel i truly hope these days returns. There are no other heroes in existence that you can tell the kind of story and get the kind of visualizations you do with the merry mutants. I expect writers and artists are clamoring for their chance in the new age of x-men.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Storm's natural range is already global, and even larger. I mean, she linked up with MILLIONS of stars and planets in that galactic core feat. That shows her un-enhanced range is tens of lightyears wide, at least. She doesn't really need machine amplification. Claremont once had her take out thousands of Sentinels all over the world(and even in near earth space) at once in that X-Men Gold special from a few years back(set circa Uncanny 175ish). That said, Pak did have her use Zero's various dupes in this manner, to allow her to do precise, diverse, uberpowerful feats all over the world, simultaneously.
    Yeah she can definitely do it on her own. But what would that look like in cerebro, what could it do, what would it look like to her as it would be an amplified perception of what she is already capable. Could it even give her deeper understanding of what she is capable of if she pushes herself. To be exact though i was thinking about the sentitinels deployed all over the world, the small nanintes, Storm may be able to do it on her own but i think it would be really unique if she used cerebro and was able to sense the sentinels as being a natural unbalance in people and the world and being able to in one shot eliminate them all.

Thinking about it, perhaps her link would become universal as as you said she already has planetary awareness.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Yeah, those were Cool feats. I think she could have been able to do that by herself without Kenji’s Amp