Page 84 of 192 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2875

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The guy's argument falls apart when you consider that Black Panther had natural low cut afro for most of his appearances in the old days. The Wakandans had natural hair in their Kirby and McGregor appearances. Power Man had his hair and so did Stevie Hunter, T'Challa's first girlfriend, Monica Rambeau and James Rhodes.
    Yes!!

Ugh, they need to bring Stevie Hunter back. The X-men need some human allies! Stevie Hunter, Charlotte Jones, Tom Corsi, Sharon Friedlander (though I think she died a long time ago), Moira (still waiting on her to be resurrected), Neal Conan, etc.

Yikes. So Len Wein and Dave Cockrum didn't like natural black hair. Good to know.
    The guy's argument falls apart when you consider that Black Panther had natural low cut afro for most of his appearances in the old days. The Wakandans had natural hair in their Kirby and McGregor appearances. Power Man had his hair and so did Stevie Hunter, T'Challa's first girlfriend, Monica Rambeau and James Rhodes.
    Society doesn't like natural black hair. It has for a very long time not been deemed beautiful.

It also doesn't affect black men like it does black women. Look up the documentary "Good Hair" with Chris Rock.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-14-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Yes!!

Ugh, they need to bring Stevie Hunter back. The X-men need some human allies! Stevie Hunter, Charlotte Jones, Tom Corsi, Sharon Friedlander (though I think she died a long time ago), Moira (still waiting on her to be resurrected), Neal Conan, etc.
    Personally i love the idea of natural hair and maybe Storm sporting it on occasion for an occasion in the comic (big fan of characters having different hairstyles in a story, makes it feel like time passes in small increments rather than jumping ahead to the next story instantly) but honestly from an artistic stand point it doesn't make sense to me. Someone flying at her speeds all the time unless her dreads are held together by telekinesis it is just going to look a hot mess by the time she lands. Even if she has a fro with that much hair by the time she's done she is going to look like marge simpson. But then when i think of Storm's hair i con't really see it as a type of hair but more an extension of her and her powers. We have seen it change many times when she has used her powers in ways like how it can blend with the wind or be as puffy as the clouds. I imagine if you touch her hair it's really soft and full and unlike anyone else.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

Jen Bartel drawing Storm...it's probably for her upcoming Uncanny X-men Cover.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnsFzuxl...y=heyjenbartel
    Last edited by areuyellingatmee; 09-14-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post

Love her hair but not a fan of the way she did her nose there

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Society doesn't like natural black hair. It has for a very long time not been deemed beautiful.

It also doesn't affect black men like it does black women. Look up the documentary "Good Hair" with Chris Rock.
    I can so agree with this so much.

I can't wait to see this cover.

Ugh. I need this storm book badly.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

As a black woman with naturally straight hair, I'll admit that I've always had a slight resentment that the term "natural" meant curly or kinky hair for us. My hair is natural - it's just straight. I've never had a relaxer. The amount of people, (including Black people), that assume I either chemically treated my hair or that I am mixed raced is crazy. In terms of natural black hair, there's no "one size fits all" when it comes to texture and growth patterns, so I am not sure why it surprises so many people that my hair is natural.

Storm's hair is naturally straight. I'd rather not recon something as superficial as this.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Now that's badass.

I'd put this on my wall!

BANNED

So basically she’s teasing us with this art like the last time? Not Cool Jen. I don’t wanna see nothing from you until I get some news with this Storm solo until then NO!!

Nice art btw.

BANNED

And Marvel Says we need Diversity -_- you had it the ENTIRE TIME of you looked at the Black Superheroes you keep hiding in the back your closets.

Nice art btw