Page 188 of 192 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192 LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2875
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Because I'm bored.

Here's what I'd like from a Storm solo:

If we are doing the Goddess thing then go all out with it. She will have to leave the X-Men in the meantime to get properly involved and used to her new status quo, after that she can possibly return.
    It should be a story about the deities of the African pantheon. Use inspiration from not only Gods and Goddesses, but folklore and other myths from all over Africa. The Egyptian pantheon is the most familiar to Western audiences and Storm grew up in Cairo so it makes sense for them to be at the forefront in at least the beginning while introducing less well-known ones. These characters should make up her supporting cast and rogues gallery just like Thor's does with Norse or Wonder Woman with Greek. The mutant aspect of the character will take a bit of a backseat at first to accommodate this new direction, but stories around it will eventually return.

I'd have the story be about Storm's entrance into being a true deity causing both the revival and anger of the African Gods. Causing both conflict with a lot of them, but also appreciation from some. This leads to her having to navigate the world of these Gods. She at first may be against being involved at all at first, but later agrees to because she is there to represent the interests of the ones who really matter to her, the mortals. From this we can have lots of adventures, drama, and mysteries such as why the Gods lost their power in first place and why Storm's ascension restored them. The Gods in Storm's book should be treated with the same respect and importance as the Norse God's. This should effect the MU as a whole, not just sequestered off in her book.

Anyway, that's how I'd like it done.
    And then let the artist be Oliver Copiel instantly SOLD (or Kris Anka)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Because I'm bored.

Here's what I'd like from a Storm solo:

If we are doing the Goddess thing then go all out with it. She will have to leave the X-Men in the meantime to get properly involved and used to her new status quo, after that she can possibly return.
    It should be a story about the deities of the African pantheon. Use inspiration from not only Gods and Goddesses, but folklore and other myths from all over Africa. The Egyptian pantheon is the most familiar to Western audiences and Storm grew up in Cairo so it makes sense for them to be at the forefront in at least the beginning while introducing less well-known ones. These characters should make up her supporting cast and rogues gallery just like Thor's does with Norse or Wonder Woman with Greek. The mutant aspect of the character will take a bit of a backseat at first to accommodate this new direction, but stories around it will eventually return.

I'd have the story be about Storm's entrance into being a true deity causing both the revival and anger of the African Gods. Causing both conflict with a lot of them, but also appreciation from some. This leads to her having to navigate the world of these Gods. She at first may be against being involved at all at first, but later agrees to because she is there to represent the interests of the ones who really matter to her, the mortals. From this we can have lots of adventures, drama, and mysteries such as why the Gods lost their power in first place and why Storm's ascension restored them. The Gods in Storm's book should be treated with the same respect and importance as the Norse God's. This should effect the MU as a whole, not just sequestered off in her book.

Anyway, that's how I'd like it done.

this is pitch perfect and a absolutely what I was hoping to see in coates solo for ororo. what is important is the aspect of these golds having a broader importance in the mu like thor does. it would take time and an editorial commitment across the different offices but I love this idea well said.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think the Kemetic pantheon(ancient Egypt) would be a great place to start for Storm, but Coates has already been using them in his BP, and he even killed Bast recently(who was Storm's most direct connection from her World's Apart mini)! They also were used back in the day in Thor and such, but they definitely could stand to be revitalized. The Nubian gods would be another place to go, Apedemak for instance, would be stellar. He's a lion-headed storm god! Then you could play with the Dinka, the Maasai, and other Nilotic cultures. And eventually use the orishas from western Africa as well. Coates has been using some of these concepts in BP, but very loosely. A more direct adaptation would be cool.

But as nice as using existing mythologies would be, I'd rather Ororo get her own, specific, supporting cast of villains/allies. Her mother's culture is virtually undefined, and would be the place to start for a Storm solo. Given their lineage going back to the beginning of mankind, it would be easy to make a case for a global diaspora of ancestors from all around the world(all corners of Africa, sure, but also ancient migration routes into the Middle East, Europe, India, China, southeast Asia, the islands, Australia, and the Americas). It's hard to believe wind riders would be confined to any single continent.
    technically the spirit of bast still lives it's just in the body of the nukillmonger. however, I do like the aspect of nubian gods being explored that you mentioned. the possibilities are endless as that area remains untouched excluding the aspects associated with the wakandan gods.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Great ideas for Storm.

I want her to be more interconnected with the MU proper. Like Wolverine, I think Storm has more than enough potential to transcend the X-verse. While I do not want her to ever sever ties with the X-verse, I think (re)connecting with the likes of the Fantastic Four, The Avengers, Spider-man, obvs T'Challa, etc. would be great. Storm being a Fantastic Four member was awesome. And the fact that she was an Avenger for only 5 minutes is an outrage. She should have been LEADING the whole Uncanny Avengers/Unity squad (is that still a thing?). I've always wanted more Storm & Spidey team-ups. I feel like their personalities are so distinct and would play well off one another. And I've always been vocal about my thoughts on Ororo and T'Challa.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

So today in Extermination #5 Ahab had the AUDACITY to stab Storm in the side. Sadly the twins did get ahold of her but it didn’t feel like “let’s get Ororo cuz she’s weak and useless” it felt more like “Let’s get her ass first cuz she can throw **** down and finish us all off” and BOI she took Armor down so fast and hard I was like

Ororo appeared in the following:

Iceman 4
    Extermination 5
    Uncanny 6
    Shuri 3

Personally I thought all the appearances were lackluster. spoilers:
    she gave a nice speech in iceman, shot some lightning in shuri, shot more lightning in extermination and made hound, and was trash in uncanny
    end of spoilers . nothing really worth reading or exciting in my opinion.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    So today in Extermination #5 Ahab had the AUDACITY to stab Storm in the side. Sadly the twins did get ahold of her but it didn’t feel like “let’s get Ororo cuz she’s weak and useless” it felt more like “Let’s get her ass first cuz she can throw **** down and finish us all off” and BOI she took Armor down so fast and hard I was like

Lol you got my interest piqued!! Ugh and I can’t get to the LCS until later this evening. I need to see this and how it went down.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ororo appeared in the following:

Iceman 4
    Extermination 5
    Uncanny 6
    Shuri 3

Personally I thought all the appearances were lackluster. spoilers:
    she gave a nice speech in iceman, shot some lightning in shuri, shot more lightning in extermination and made hound, and was trash in uncanny
    end of spoilers . nothing really worth reading or exciting in my opinion.
    I actually thought she was going to be the one mutant to resist the spoilers:
    Hound transformation process
    end of spoilersbut they disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol you got my interest piqued!! Ugh and I can’t get to the LCS until later this evening. I need to see this and how it went down.
    trust me it AINT worth seeing. I have a lot of thoughts about it but it seriously will be more of the same, that is, complaining about how writers just are not good in writing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually thought she was going to be the one mutant to resist the spoilers:
    Hound transformation process
    end of spoilersbut they disappointed
    yup exactly my thoughts. I was hoping for this but was unsurprisingly let down here. I mean it was just so much wrong with that but I'm just tired of the repetitive complaints with the xoffice representation of her. its just trash.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #6- Was nice. I enjoyed it.
    Extermination #5- Was...weird.
    Shuri #3- Completely Boring.
    Iceman #4- It was ok, not that bad.

Storm today was...eh.

yup exactly my thoughts. I was hoping for this but was unsurprisingly let down here. I mean it was just so much wrong with that but I'm just tired of the repetitive complaints with the xoffice representation of her. its just trash.
    Its so stupid. In another thread I said that the twins could have easily been contained by Jean, Storm and Iceman. How they managed they get close enough to touch her is beyond me. The writers sure like writing the X-men as incompetent these days

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #6- Was nice. I enjoyed it.
    Extermination #5- Was...weird.
    Shuri #3- Completely Boring.
    Iceman #4- It was ok, not that bad.

Storm today was...eh.
    what did u enjoy about uncanny ? I found it boring. and why did you say extermination was weird. I agree with the other stuff you said. and "eh" is a good way to describe it. I was thinking more "blah" or "meh" or "ugh" for her overall appearance today lol.

BANNED

what did u enjoy about uncanny ? I found it boring. and why did you say extermination was weird. I agree with the other stuff you said. and "eh" is a good way to describe it. I was thinking more "blah" or "meh" or "ugh" for her overall appearance today lol.
    Extermination is weird because everyone..well almost everyone turned into Hounds. That's random.
    Uncanny was nice because it played on the humanity aspect which I find very interesting.
    Nothing bad or good came from Storm today that's why I said "Eh". Storm being turned into a hound is an interesting way to take out one of the X-Men's Big Guns so i'm not bothered by that. Storm getting stabbed by Ahab doesn't bother me because this isn't the first time Storm has been stabbed so that doesn't bother me either.

So, it's Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its so stupid. In another thread I said that the twins could have easily been contained by Jean, Storm and Iceman. How they managed they get close enough to touch her is beyond me. The writers sure like writing the X-men as incompetent these days
    it was very stupid however at least jean mind was taken. my thing is even if ororo was turned why fidnt they show her at least resisting the mental assault. she has been able to resist the Xavier and psylocke both trying to take her mind:

and I agree to about home they were able to get that close in the first place. even if they did could none of these tactics work:

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Extermination is weird becasue everyone..well almost everyone turned into Hounds. That's random.
    Uncanny was nice because it played on the humanity aspect which I find very interesting.
    Nothing bad or good came from Storm today that's why I said "Eh". Storm being turned into a hound is an interesting way to take out one of the X-Men's Big Guns so i'm not bothered by that or by storm getting stabbed. So, it's Eh.
    which big guns did she take out? and I gotcha on what you mean by eh. thanks.

BANNED

which big guns did she take out? and I gotcha on what you mean by eh. thanks.
    No, I mean Storm being a Big Gun to take out.