Page 16 of 192 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love Yu but...he makes Storm's otherwise well-designed costume look so plain and boring.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I love Yu but...he makes Storm's otherwise well-designed costume look so plain and boring.
    yea it looks really boring there.

but on another note.

#whereiskitty

the Guggs effect is in full effect.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Attachment 69330

Uniform looks okay I guess. I'm just wondering why Jean has her eyes white
    I LOVE it this is awesome. This book is going to be GREAT.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

here's full image. is this the official team? jean and iceman on the same team as storm??? this may not end well for our weather goddess.
    You are absolutely right on your guess. Storm is going to have no mental defenses, and her powers are going to be severely curtailed to prop up the two characters you mentioned. On top of that, the lineup is far too big with 10 members. Storm is going to be reduced to shooting lightning in the background like wallpaper decoration.

I'm not going to be spending money on this garbage.

Attachment 69330

Uniform looks okay I guess. I'm just wondering why Jean has her eyes white
    Only Psylocke has pupils. Yu tends to do that a lot. Storm, Jeans and Psylockes costumes all look pretty bad for some reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    NEVER acceptable. EVER!
    Right. Then marvel would use this as a way to never have the problem of writers "not knowing how to write her" again
    Your responses are right on time about Storm being killed. I don't think it's even a problem of Marvel "not knowing" what to do with her rather than it being an issue of them wanting to prop up other characters. If Storm were really delved into, no matter how they wanted to push other X-Men cast members, they would never be able to compete with Ororo as the readership would overwhelmingly favor her. Logan would be the only potential exception to this.

That said, given what Coates just unlocked in her character by making her a bonafide "goddess", this would certainly NOT be the time to kill her as this new development needs to be fleshed out.

Given that Storm's ancestry goes back to the genesis of humanity, that means her lineage predates even the Earth's pantheons of "gods".

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...755c5b499.webp

According to the scan above, man came first, and then the "gods" rose out from among them. Storm's ancestry would go back to the men who came before the birth of people like Zeus and Odin. This would mean that Storm's lineage would have had dealings with every pantheon on Earth over the ages, and should give Storm both ancestral friends and foes from every one of these groups as well as both extradimensional and alien threats. This should especially be the case since members of Storm's bloodline have been Sorceress Supremes.

Remember as well, the first woman of Storm's maternal bloodline would have had white hair, blue eyes, and a potent potential for magic even before these "gods" were born. Heck, who knows? Maybe Storm's lineage birthed one of these pantheons (I would argue of this were the case, then Storm's pantheon would predate all others). Given Storm's unlimited potential as a mutant plus her "goddesshood" combined with her powers being only limited by the strength of her will and body (with her willpower having no upper limits as shown in canon and her body only being a temporary limiting factor given she can trascend her humanity), I think Storm could potentially be one of the most powerful beings in creation second only to The One Above All.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-14-2018 at 12:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Only Psylocke has pupils. Yu tends to do that a lot. Storm, Jeans and Psylockes costumes all look pretty bad for some reason.
    I would go so far to say that everyone's costume looks bad on that cover with the exception of Kurt's and Bishop's. Bobby doesn't count since he's only wearing his ice form. That said, the costumes will probably be drawn more appealing in the interior of the book...I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    You are absolutely right on your guess. Storm is going to have no mental defenses, and her powers are going to be severely curtailed to prop up the two characters you mentioned. On top of that, the lineup is far too big with 10 members. Storm is going to be reduced to shooting lightning in the background like wallpaper decoration.

I'm not going to be spending money on this garbage.
    I seriously think this will result in the same stuff we always see. lightning lass. hopefully they prove me wrong but the past few xtitles would suggest otherwise.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I seriously think this will result in the same stuff we always see. lightning lass. hopefully they prove me wrong but the past few xtitles would suggest otherwise.
    Looking at the lineup, I wonder if X-Men Red is going to be cancelled and replaced by Uncanny? It appears as if Marvel is trying to turn around the failing sales on X-Men Red by dropping some of the less popular characters and newbies like Trinary and Gabby, and replace them with more mainstream X-Men like Beast, Psylocke, Bishop, etc. I'm not so sure this strategy is going to work. I think what Marvel needs to do is start focusing more on characters that have the largest fanbases when written well like Storm, and develping their own mythos further in the titles. (There is no way I would have dropped Gambit from the title. I would swap out Iceman for Remy in a heartbeat. With Storm there, Iceman's powerset is not needed, and Gambit has much broader readership appeal and popularity.)

Personally, I think this team needs to be trimmed down to 5-7 members. I would keep Storm, Kurt, and Bishop for sure. Then I would add Rogue and Gambit, and then one more character to round it out (probably Sage or a telepathic character like Emma).
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-14-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Red was always likely meant to be temporary. Its sales arent why it will be cancelled. It represents a very specific status quo, one that isnt meant to be longterm and with Uncanny launching as the new flagship to move the line further, Red just doesnt fit. It could be retooled and get a soft relaunch like Astonishing just did, but it makes more sense to move away from the color coded designition, which was associated with ResurrXion. All those titles have already ended or will be soon (except AXM which as mentioned got a soft relaunch)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Red was always likely meant to be temporary. Its sales arent why it will be cancelled. It represents a very specific status quo, one that isnt meant to be longterm and with Uncanny launching as the new flagship to move the line further, Red just doesnt fit. It could be retooled and get a soft relaunch like Astonishing just did, but it makes more sense to move away from the color coded designition, which was associated with ResurrXion. All those titles have already ended or will be soon (except AXM which as mentioned got a soft relaunch)
    Well, the sales of X-Men Red just dropped again: 42 / X-Men Red #6 / 36,808 / -4.08%

Just because Marvel wanted to change the title to Uncanny doesn't mean they had to change the lineup so drastically. I think the failing sales had something to do with this. I wish I could be optimistic about this new title, but Marvel has taught me to expect good things only when I see it on the stands. (Coates has surprised me with how well he captures Storm over in Black Panther!)

I plan to read the books for free and buy only the issues that entertain me. Still, with an oversized cast of 10 characters, it's not realistic to expect any real development on any of the characters save the ones that are the pet favorites of the editors and the writer.

We'll see.

By the way, does anyone know if Storm is appearing in one of the Black Panther titles this month?

Well, the sales of X-Men Red just dropped again: 42 / X-Men Red #6 / 36,808 / -4.08%

Just because Marvel wanted to change the title to Uncanny doesn't mean they had to change the lineup so drastically. I think the failing sales had something to do with this. I wish I could be optimistic about this new title, but Marvel has taught me to expect good things only when I see it on the stands. (Coates has surprised me with how well he captures Storm over in Black Panther!)

I plan to read the books for free and buy only the issues that entertain me. Still, with an oversized cast of 10 characters, it's not realistic to expect any real development on any of the characters save the ones that are the pet favorites of the editors and the writer.

We'll see.

By the way, does anyone know if Storm is appearing in one of the Black Panther titles this month?
    yet its still selling better than all the other X-titles save the ones that got relaunches that same month. White wants to streamline and get the X-books back on track and the stuff in the October solicits is the first new material that didnt start before he took over. Whats being done with Uncanny is drastic but its about breaking the line down to build it back up bc its been on some shaky foundation for a while.

We'll see.

I don't think they changed the title from red to uncanny. I dont recall any interviews where this was said to be a temporary title. and Taylor isnt on uncanny either. I think it's taking elements from red but this is a complete new vision for this book

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yet its still selling better than all the other X-titles save the ones that got relaunches that same month. White wants to streamline and get the X-books back on track and the stuff in the October solicits is the first new material that didnt start before he took over. Whats being done with Uncanny is drastic but its about breaking the line down to build it back up bc its been on some shaky foundation for a while.
    Then what Marvel needs to do is stop hiring hack writers to write the books, get first-class writers on the titles, and start focusing more on characters with the largest fanbases.

That said, I'm pretty sure Red fell at a faster rate than the other books, but is selling better simply because it is a much newer title. With the other stuff, fans reached their tolerance level earlier. Marvel is just putting out crap these days. LOL! I'm happy for the failing sales because it sends a message to the company to do better. If they can write whatever they want without regard to what readership prefers, then we will never get anything good from them.

By the way, Coates is having Black Panther and company appear in Captain America, a title he's writing. Selene is probably going to be the main villain for that story. Anyone knows if Coates is going to being Storm into the title? It would be AWESOME to see a Storm vs. Selene fight!
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-14-2018 at 01:30 PM.

here's full image. is this the official team? jean and iceman on the same team as storm??? this may not end well for our weather goddess.
    That looks off, the gruff art just doesn't work with the tone the color schimmel is giving.