Page 111 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2875

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Stumbled upon this today.

https://youtu.be/gcztIjrsv1I
    The Thunder in my Thighs...well damn...that's the reason T'challa cant stay away...lol

Anyway, nice find.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Hey I know this is really random but being that the deal with Disney/Fox closes so soon I’m kind of nervous, not to derail to much or anything but I’m sure they are already casting for the XMen and I’m slightly nervous they will go with another bi racial Storm even after the massive success of Black Panther especially being that all the good choices are already in that movie. I know this is random asf but I don’t want them to follow the same Fox formula I want the eyes, a good white lace front and I don’t even mind a younger lady anymore if she is introduced in BP2 as being worshipped as a goddess as a leeway into the character and the XMen.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Hey I know this is really random but being that the deal with Disney/Fox closes so soon I’m kind of nervous, not to derail to much or anything but I’m sure they are already casting for the XMen and I’m slightly nervous they will go with another bi racial Storm even after the massive success of Black Panther especially being that all the good choices are already in that movie. I know this is random asf but I don’t want them to follow the same Fox formula I want the eyes, a good white lace front and I don’t even mind a younger lady anymore if she is introduced in BP2 as being worshipped as a goddess as a leeway into the character and the XMen.
    They definitely aren't casting anyone yet. I have faith in Marvel, as you said the Black Panther casting was fantastic and Marvel is great when it comes to casting their characters. Also their costume department is the best when it comes to translating the comics to the big screen. Just look at Captain Marvel.

They seem to do well with hair, just look at Thor, Valkyrie, and Gamora's hair.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I know the concern. I felt nervous with the black panther casting until all was said and done. I trust that marvel will do better.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Coates pretty much systematically destroyed Wakanda's govenment in his first run and killed all their gods. I don't think he would treat African mythology, or Ororo's matrilineal royal family with the reverence it should be handled with.

As for how many people signed Valeria's petition, I actually tried to search for that earlier but I couldn't find the original one, so I don't know. I said 30k just now because that would be a decent selling title in today's market.
    the wakandan gods arent dead; they are missing. in fact bast shows up at the end of issue 4. also, I thought we were talking about Coates writing continuity wise in relation to ororo not tchalla.

I didnt realize val started one years ago. however, in either case I'm sure she didnt have 30k signatures but I understand the logic of the number you chose now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I’ve shared the ltion with friends on twitter and a few others so hopefully we continue to see more support. I think Marel recognizes Storm has value but definitely super sideline her & the X-Men for the non-Fox properties, giving free to crapola that has plagued us for years.

Pak definitely wasn’t perfect but I still wnjoyed most of his work and am appreciative that we finally got a solo book.

I share the same concerns on Coates and am not 100% sold on him on a Strom solo. That being said I am open to him for at least showing interest and he might plesantly surprise us (though that could be famous last words).

thank you windrider for supporting and sharing! you make a point about the xmen being sidelined. I'm sure it will change but the better treatment should start from the xoffices. the treatment she has gotten from within the xoffices has been inexcusable. especially the gold title.

I did sign the petition I know it’s not much but it’s a start and I’ll do whatever I can to be a voice to try and help. The solo with Pak was a good starter but it faltered Callisto/Morlocks we’re tired and I didn’t like the final villain but there were some really awesome feats we got. I really wish they had continued with the book I just felt they didn’t push and promote the book was the problem, if they have given us some great stories the book would have done well enough.

thank you thank you and thank you!!!! every little bit helps. please share it with anyone you think will sign.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

for those of you who care. slide would love to see the casting call for storm:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/10...vies-deadpool/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    They definitely aren't casting anyone yet. I have faith in Marvel, as you said the Black Panther casting was fantastic and Marvel is great when it comes to casting their characters. Also their costume department is the best when it comes to translating the comics to the big screen. Just look at Captain Marvel.

They seem to do well with hair, just look at Thor, Valkyrie, and Gamora's hair.
    I personally don’t like Valkyrie hair at all it looks like just the regular actress hair nothing special, though I do like Gamoras luscious locks locks. I don’t really care for Cpt Marvel I never liked her don’t be checking that movie out and movie does not look interesting to me but I’m keeping my fingers crossed Marvel makes a great decision with the Storm casting I’m sorry I just don’t want another bi racial Storm that is always there go to choices for actresses even for fan choices on YouTube I don’t want that I want something different. I do think they will get it right I’m just nervous is all lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I know the concern. I felt nervous with the black panther casting until all was said and done. I trust that marvel will do better.
    Black Panther was great casting and all the main choices I wanted for Storm are already in this movie but I read somewhere that for Nakia originally Amanda Stenberg had the role but turned it down because she said she felt it wasn’t a lot of roles for darker skinned women or something along those lines so that originally wasn’t a good decision and a lot younger to have the character go. Now I wish she did get the role so Lupita can be Storm.

I personally don’t like Valkyrie hair at all it looks like just the regular actress hair nothing special, though I do like Gamoras luscious locks locks. I don’t really care for Cpt Marvel I never liked her don’t be checking that movie out and movie does not look interesting to me but I’m keeping my fingers crossed Marvel makes a great decision with the Storm casting I’m sorry I just don’t want another bi racial Storm that is always there go to choices for actresses even for fan choices on YouTube I don’t want that I want something different. I do think they will get it right I’m just nervous is all lol.
    I used those examples because they are all wigs and none of them look cheap. I'm apathetic towards Captain Marvel, but her costume is an almost exact translation from the comics and it looks amazing.
    I personally don't worry about Storm in the MCU at least when it comes to how she looks.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Black Panther was great casting and all the main choices I wanted for Storm are already in this movie but I read somewhere that for Nakia originally Amanda Stenberg had the role but turned it down because she said she felt it wasn’t a lot of roles for darker skinned women or something along those lines so that originally wasn’t a good decision and a lot younger to have the character go. Now I wish she did get the role so Lupita can be Storm.
    Amandla was actually auditioning for Shuri. Good thing Coogler already had Letitia Wright in mind.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thanks everyone!! we finally got to 100 signatures!! goddess be praised!

now.. will you help us get to 200??? please sign if you have not already done so and continue to share with friends and family.

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-marv...dari-yao-4ever
    Well that makes 2 petitions begging both companies to do black female lead solo.

https://www.change.org/p/dc-entertai...bd24df3b6dcca3

I find it SAD that folks have to beg for something that shouldn't be an ISSUE.

Moon Girl has success in trades and soon TV.
    Riri is moving along.
    Midnight Angels trade DOMINATED trade sales on Amazon before the movie. It stayed in the top 200 of trade sales for almost 10 months and is now a top 100 seller for books to Teens.
    The Crew stayed top 500 for 7.
    Shuri her book is not even out yet and her preorders on Amazon are HIGHER than Thor, Hulk, FF, Black Panther & Iron Man.

And that is not enough to do anything with Storm yet alone Vixen who has her own tv show. Something is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well that makes 2 petitions begging both companies to do black female lead solo.

Riri is moving along.
    Midnight Angels trade DOMINATED trade sales on Amazon before the movie. It stayed in the top 200 of trade sales for almost 10 months and is now a top 100 seller for books to Teens.
    Shuri her book is not even out yet and her preorders on Amazon are HIGHER than Thor, Hulk, FF, Black Panther & Iron Man.

And that is not enough to do anything with Storm yet alone Vixen who has her own tv show. Something is not right.
    yea it's quite a shame that people have to petition for this but I'm not surprised. I didnt kno shuri was having such a good reception that's good to hear.

and I signed the petition then you for sharing and please share and sign the one for storm.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Riri is moving along.

Are you reading "Silencer" for DC? It's a good series.

Halle Berry picture storm

What was the issue/story that retconned that terrible Storm vol 2 out of existence? I remember someone posting it btu I can't remember. Exiles or something?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What was the issue/story that retconned that terrible Storm vol 2 out of existence? I remember someone posting it btu I can't remember. Exiles or something?
    it was the amazing xmen annual #1