Page 71 of 192 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2875

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I love that Ororo also ships Sage & Bishop.
    Yeah, that was a clever line.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Men too honestly. And the ones we have need to be elevated more. Like where the hell did Frenzy go?
    Across the board, certainly. Man, Frenzy was a piece of work in the original X-Factor(and into the 90's). I guess it's cool she's been reinvented in the modern age, but she certainly had a rough start.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Across the board, certainly. Man, Frenzy was a piece of work in the original X-Factor(and into the 90's). I guess it's cool she's been reinvented in the modern age, but she certainly had a rough start.
    In a lot of ways she’s basically a retread of Rogue but I can’t help it, I love her. Damn you Carey.

BANNED

Also, it’s past time to make Manifold an X-Man. Why does every team teleporter have to be a white European?

BANNED

Speaking of Teleporting.

This scans looks like Storm teleported Caliban, Domino and Cable Via Lightning in Cable #19, but I’m not sure.

Sorry if it’s too small, I am opperating off my phone.
    0232147E-3491-430F-92D3-4FFD00FCBCE2.jpg

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Speaking of Teleporting.

This scans looks like Storm teleported Caliban, Domino and Cable Via Lightning in Cable #19, but I’m not sure.

I will see if I can locate a bigger scan. nice find though
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Also, it’s past time to make Manifold an X-Man. Why does every team teleporter have to be a white European?
    Well technically, Blink is black now.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Speaking of Teleporting.

so I just skimmed through that book. that is not her teleporting. they were underground and she used the lightning to open up a path so that they could escape to the surface. it would be nice if she did have that ability. that was perhaps the only cool thing they did for her in the fox-men. you even see the hand popping from the sand in the small second panel:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-09-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That's another thing that is annoying. So many of the POC mutants are unrecognizable as ethnic. Even Storm to a certain extent, but certainly in terms of someone like Skin, Shark Girl, Bling, Feral, Thornn, Blink, and Indra. While there are white mutants who are weirdly colored too(Nightcrawler, Beast, Anole, sometimes Angel for example), there are so many other white characters to make up for it. POC mutants are so rare that a rather large percentage of them being strangely colored makes for a noticeable trend.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That's another thing that is annoying. So many of the POC mutants are unrecognizable as ethnic. Even Storm to a certain extent, but certainly in terms of someone like Skin, Shark Girl, Bling, Feral, Thornn, Blink, and Indra. While there are white mutants who are weirdly colored too(Nightcrawler, Beast, Anole, sometimes Angel for example), there are so many other white characters to make up for it. POC mutants are so rare that a rather large percentage of them being strangely colored makes for a noticeable trend.
    yea. I never looked at blink as ethnic or black. and shark girl is poc?? that's news to me. recognizable or not (which btw I think they should be recognizable) these characters of color to need to be in more prominent roles. for the xmen to be a team that fights for the inclusion of diverse people the teams typically are mainly white.

@stormphoenix

there was a nice moment though in issue 18 of cable. she wrestles control of an unnatural sandstorm hurricane of the dark riders had created to disorient and suffocate the team:

The X-Men is the most diverse part if the Marvel Universe yet their use of their diverse characters still leaves a lot to be desired. Often Storm is their token black character and while I like that they fixed that Psyloke mess we've lost a prominent Asian character as a result. They aren't going to use Kwannon like they are going to use Betsy.

The X-line can and should do better.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...l-super-heroes

storm is recognized as one of marvels greatest female superheros:

With the ability to manipulate weather patterns, Storm is one of the planet’s most powerful mutants.

She is the daughter of a Kenyan princess and an American photographer, though both parents were killed in a plane crash when Storm was young. Finding herself an orphan, Storm had little choice but to wander the streets and pick pockets to survive. However, her latent mutant abilities eventually manifested, giving her the opportunity to save the life of Prince T’Challa (the soon-to-be Black Panther), and to come into contact with Charles Xavier, who asked her to join a new version of the X-Men. Since then, Storm has built a legacy as a freedom fighter and a mentor to young mutants.

It's nice that Marvel is no longer ignoring the X-Men.

That Fox deal couldn't have come fast enough.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The X-Men is the most diverse part if the Marvel Universe yet their use of their diverse characters still leaves a lot to be desired. Often Storm is their token black character and while I like that they fixed that Psyloke mess we've lost a prominent Asian character as a result. They aren't going to use Kwannon like they are going to use Betsy.

The X-line can and should do better.
    exactly. I fell in love with Asian psylocke in the 90s. the British betsy I never really cared for. I'm curious to see how this change will impact the interest in the character because I believe for many Asian psylocke IS psylocke. but to your point the xmen cont hsve prominent characters of color. their main one ororo, they (Guggs and xoffice) have mad it a point to give her little development beyond the stories of her past or make her central to any impactful and meaningful stories as the summer/grey clan have been. I mean it's so frustrating. coates made it a point to give ororo do much development in terms of her past and future yet the xoffices work to invalidate it. their offices like her as background and as a token and I'm tired of it frankly. its gotten beyond old.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-09-2018 at 11:34 AM.