Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187
Results 2,791 to 2,797 of 2797

FoX-Men is almost over. Can't wait to see what we get from Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    FoX-Men is almost over. Can't wait to see what we get from Disney.
    Goddess bless!

I wish Disney would just cancel this movie, though. I want a proper Dark Phoenix Saga onscreen. There's no way this one will deliver, and I'm not sure the MCU would want to try the story a third time. Audiences already know the "Jean goes bad" story by now. It loses it's punch if its telegraphed.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Goddess bless!

I wish Disney would just cancel this movie, though. I want a proper Dark Phoenix Saga onscreen. There's no way this one will deliver, and I'm not sure the MCU would want to try the story a third time. Audiences already know the "Jean goes bad" story by now. It loses it's punch if its telegraphed.
    I'm so disappointed they went with DP for a second time. Further proof that Fox is unoriginal and repetitive when it comes to the X-men.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I feel like Shipp as Storm always looks more like a cosplayer rather than being apart of a multi-million dollar film. Cyclops actually looks the best here IMO.
    I'm feeling that the whole thing looks bad tbh. It's like Fox isn't even trying anymore lol

I hope Marvel finds a gorgeous tall woman from Kenya, gives her the most epic white microbraid wig down to her waist, and she is uber-powerful, regal, wise, and kicks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Goddess bless!

This is what I am hoping for. Fox has butchered one the best X-stories (they’ve F’d up a all of them lol) do an MCU rehash would undermine the success/appeal/impact. What story would you like to see be the kick-off movie for the MCU X-verse? I am thinking:

- Extinction Agenda (probably too hard and weird to do on the big screen)
    - Mutant Empire (novel)
    - Gamma Quest Trilogy (novel)

A d after they’ve been established (hopefully well) - maybe the Skrull Invasion? Though this can also be retread-ish

There are other stories I prefer but they come off as Avengers retreads.

X-Tinction Agenda(and the original Genosha story that sets it up) is a very interesting concept and definitely warrants adaptation, but I don't think it should be the first movie.

Ultimately the introduction of mutants into the MCU will be tricky. They have to decide if mutants have always been around but not known, or if they are just coming to be, or somewhere in-between. Those decisions would direct the nature of the X-Men's introduction. My own preference is for a very small number of mutants having already existed, but after Endgame, more are starting to pop up. I could use the Eternals movie to introduce the concept of Eternals, Deviants, and mutants all having been seeded into humanity by the Celestials long ago. Selene, Apocalypse, maybe a few other, have been active in the world for millennia. I guess you kind of have to have a Charles and Magnus at some point, but I don't know how to reconcile Magneto's WWII history at this point with the MCU timeline. You basically have to use suspended animation or the Stranger(an alien who took Magneto off-world for a time), but they you have to somehow tie him back in with Charles(and I don't want Charles to be very old either, more like 40). It's a tricky situation. Ultimately, I think it's best for the X-Men in the MCU to be Peter Parker's age, and thus, basically just starting out in their training/work as superheroes. I would like to see a variation on the Krakoa incident for the first MCU X-Men movie, but I might would introduce Logan and Ororo in other movies before we get to that point(which, I wouldn't expect a full X-Men movie until 2023 at the earliest, but who knows, maybe they will be fast-tracked once the acquisition papers are finalized in 2019).