Page 133 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2875
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Writers have a few avenues she could go with Storm. Which one would you like to see them explore?

Powers - Pushing her mutant powers to their full extent.

Leadership - Having her start up her branch of X-Men again...new XSE

Fighting abilities- Not powerless Storm again but one using more fighting skill.

Magic Potential - Have her train under Magik (or some magic user) to utilize her magic potential. I always liked the idea of Magik training Storm in magic because Storm was her white magic teacher.

Goddess - Have her fully embraced her goddess abilities...
    You do realize her goddess abilities are magical in nature. The gods all have varying degrees of magical abilities.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Writers have a few avenues she could go with Storm. Which one would you like to see them explore?

Fighting abilities- Not powerless Storm again but one using more fighting skill.

Magic Potential - Have her train under Magik (or some magic user) to utilize her magic potential. I always liked the idea of Magik training Storm in magic because Storm was her white magic teacher.

nice change of discussion:

powers: manipulation of all energy (as she can perceive it thru her energy sight) forms including gamma, light, sound etc. immune to all forms of weather (as she technically is now). all of her regular normal powers exist as is.

leadership: prefer her not leading over any xmen or superhero team at all. she would be a fighter of all peoples whenever needed akin to thor and would fight with premiere teams when planetary threats presented itself.

fighting abilities: same as now but just implementing her power with fighting style.

magic potential: passive magic abilities such as immunity to reality warping and magical attacks, able to disrupt magic with her powers. however, no actual offensive magical abilities.

goddess power: when in this form invulnerable, dont require air, food or water in this form. speed akin to ww and/or superman

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Cause they're not rated pg imma hit yall up outside of here lmfao
    lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

sina grace draws punk storm. I didnt know he was an artist

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/artist...unk-rock-storm
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

For a canon Storm, I would want them to focus on:

Powers - to explore her powers creatively as some writers have been able to do. Lightning and wind is getting a little too boring.
    Leadership - her being not a leader in 2 editions is something I am very uncomfortable with. The only good thing I can get from this is a reason to not root her too much with the X-Men so that we can spin her off for solo adventures.
    Fighting abilities - I really want a big arc of her losing her powers and relying on her combat and lockpicking skills. I know it's been done before, but in the hands of a great writer, this will catapult her back to the top. A lot of street-level characters are more popular than powerful ones. And Punk storm is her most popular era.

Magical abilities and Goddess I would say explore it as non-canon. The thing is, I know it has always been inherent to her, but it's not explored a lot, which I'm pretty fine with. I want her to focus on her weather powers, I don't want her all over the place. There's a lot to explore with her current skillset, no need to add more.

For Goddess, well, unless she is going to live off a solo series and have her fight cosmic beings, there's no reason for her to have this. Unless, she gets an arc similar to Dark Phoenix and Phoenix Five where she is the main villain or the anti-hero where she won't hold back. Come to think of it, this is a great reason for a writer to really show off her powers without breaking the plot. Dark Storm or some cool incarnation like that would be totally iconic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No to magic. She is already uber powerful with her own mutant abilities and now goddess stuff. Adding magic to her skillset would be overkill
    LOL Didn't Stop Wonder Woman......-_-

Well, because the Goddess Transformation is relatively NEW, naturally i'd be interested in knowing MORE of that. But i'm more interested in her Powers I feel like Storm is Stuck there are so much more you can do with her power set. Writers make it so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    You do realize her goddess abilities are magical in nature. The gods all have varying degrees of magical abilities.
    That's not 100% true. A lot of beings that call themselves gods either learn magic or have no magical abilities at all.

Storm's ability to use faith as a power source is not wholly considered a magical ability.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-25-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

LAM...I’m a greedy h$# ! I want them all. If I had to sacrifice one I’d be willing to push magic out far far into the future. I think the other 4 aspects core to her character and prime attributes of why people have connected to her in so many ways, with the gift of godhead Making her an actual goddess (hell hopefully elder godess level) being a while new layer to develop. I love seeing Storm mix it up H2H, competently leading her team and being creative and resourceful with her skills, powers and connections.

I also want a NEW ROLE. Why are the Non-X universes engaging the MU at large and the mutants are “still trying to gain acceptance by a world that fears/hates them blah blah blah....”. There are enough factions of X-Men to deal with that aspect of the X-verse and none that are really focused on long term strategic influence/presence on the world stage (i.e. seat at the political table, etc).

BANNED

I feel like Magic isn't NEEDED for Storm. But if it increases her Defenses then by ALL MEANS lets do it.

However, even so all she needs to do is create MORE Pressure Domes. If she is able to whip up wind speeds and pressure higher than Jupiter? Any Heavy Hitter would have trouble getting through. I BET ALL OF YOU. If Storm ever gets an increase in Defense/Durability people will throw ALL KINDS of Fits and try to debunk it.

Storm Hater Arguments:
    "No, Storm has never shown that type of power and durability".
    "It's not consistent because in her classic days she was a glass cannon"
    "She never does that in combat so you can't use that as an argument"
    *Post all Low Showings while ignoring context*
    "See in all these scans Storm doesn't show anything that she can generate that much wind to protect her etc"

LOL ah makes me laugh......

In terms of her Goddess Form i'm willing to bet this Form is on par with Sky-Fathers(IMO) I have no proof of this claim, but i'm just guessing here. I'd like her to create worm-holes and manipulate matter, but wishful thinking. And lastly her combat skills are fine. I'm believe in H2H she can beat all the females of marvel, but not Gamora.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-25-2018 at 09:51 AM.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-emma-frost-1/

storm is appearing in Emma black comic. question. has storm had any interactions with emma after she lied to ororo during ivx and tried to kill all the inhumans? I find it a bit problematic that storm of all characters would be working with her to do anything after those events.

can tall help it make sense to me?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Absolute no! to the Goddess stuff.
    I liked when she just had an affinity for sensing and minor manipulation of Magic but I don't care really for a full exploration/training of her mystical potential especially as her actual powers are woefully under-explored/used.
    Absolute yes! to her Powers, Leadership and Fighting Abilities being pushed further, explored and properly utilised.

That's not 100% true. A lot of the being that call themselves gods either learn magic or have no magical abilities at all.

Storm's ability to use faith as a power source is not wholly considered a magical ability.
    agreed I don't see this a magic and i dont believe there is anything from canon that says this as well. in fact it that were true the wakandan mystics should have been able to make quick work of sefako, which we know the couldnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I absolutely loved the panel time between both Jean and Ororo and Jean and Kurt in today's issue. Having said that, this tender moment should have taken place months ago and Storm should have had a stronger role in this series.

TBH, I am still somewhat bitter about how Jean's resurrection was handled and how little Ororo was used in it. I still think that if anyone was going into that giant Phoenix egg and make Jean remember who she was it should have been Ororo; not teen Scott, and definately not Old Man Logan. 616 current day adult Storm should have been the one to go in there. In addition, I have always resented how we never got to see Storm mourn for Jean properly when she "died" in 2003 the way she mourned for Logan when he "died" a few years ago.

If I was Storm I would have so many questions to ask the woman that I consider my sister and best friend. "Do you remember what is was like to be in the White Hot Room? Do you remember Endsong? How do you feel about Scott being gone or the fact that a younger version of you is running around? Let me tell you about T'Challa and the time I was married. I am not leading the X-men anymore because I feel like I don't deserve to."

And in turn, Jean could grab Ororo by the shoulders shake her and tell her to snap the hell out of this pity party she's on and be the leader she was born to be. This isn't the Ororo I know and Love. Jean could ask about all her adventures as Queen of Wakanda, and they could finally have that conversation on how Ororo and Logan became a couple before he died because "life goes on.." Jean would be ok with it, because that is who Jean is.

These are the things I want to be acknowledged on panel.

I also think it would be cool for them to share a unique sisterly physic rapport that allows them to communicate with each other over long distances in times of need.

But to answer your question, yes. I loved today's tender moment between the 2 greatest female characters within the Marvel Universe my own humble opinion.
    I completely missed your response. I wholeheartedly agree there was a missed opportunity with showing how much these two meant to each other. This is why I havent been please with Jean's return and the execution of it. Not only did we not see some of the interactions that you mentioned but core relationships associated with Ororo were shoehorned in as tying to jean without any acknowledgement to ororo. It has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. That said this issue was a step in the right direction and it would have been nice to have seen these things early on during her initial return.

Spectacular Member

Powers - I'll echo the sentiment others have expressed where I'd like to see her use her powers more creatively. She's mainly just lighting and wind with the occasional hail storm. Has her ability to control heat ever really been explored much? I'm sure there's some creative things they could do with that.
    Leadership - Honestly, I'd rather her do her own thing for a bit. Its clear Marvel wants to build up other characters as leaders to fill in the void left by Cyclops and Xavier (I would have included Magneto but I think there is a new book coming out eventually that he leads? Edit: Nevermind. I was thinking of X-men Black which I believe is a series of one-shots focusing on different characters?) So I'd rather they have Storm exit gracefully to do her own thing instead of sidelining her while they focus on other characters in the team books.
    Fighting abilities - Eh I'm indifferent on this. Maybe have her make more use of her weather control powers in her fighting. Incorporate some MvC stuff in there
    Magic Potential - I agree with others that while magic is an interesting angle for Storm I don't want her becoming too OP. So I echo the sentiment of having her focus on white magic and defensive spells. Maybe some nature magic to complement her weather control abilities. Is her current environment lacking in a certain property she wants to manipulate? No problem, she can create it from magic to then subsequently do what she wants with her weather control powers.
    Goddess - I think this is where I deviate the most from the rest of the Storm fandom. I never liked the literal goddess angle. Makes her too much on a pedestal and difficult to relate to. I make the same arguments with Thor and Wonder Woman and while they can find great success when the creative team "gets it" a large number of creators seem to struggle with the premise. I preferred having people view her as a goddess as more of a social commentary on how we elevate people (fairly or unfairly... especially celebrities and historical figures) and what that means as a society and for the people who have this additional pressure placed on them.
    Last edited by TurboTaj; 10-25-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Absolute no! to the Goddess stuff.
    I liked when she just had an affinity for sensing and minor manipulation of Magic but I don't care really for a full exploration/training of her mystical potential especially as her actual powers are woefully under-explored/used.
    Absolute yes! to her Powers, Leadership and Fighting Abilities being pushed further, explored and properly utilised.
    Well said. Completely agree.

I think I want to see her Goddess mode more. Have her go all godlike...fight Odin or Zeus to a stalemate. Then 20 issues later give up her godly powers to save the universe.

Then my plans to rule the world shall start...hahaha
    Some of us wait, some of us act.