Page 10 of 192 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You know what makes me cringe? Valley-girl Kitty. Plots revolving around energy drinks. Storm's inexplicable nephew. "Principal" Kelly. Poor Brotherhood vs. Rich X-Men. Etc, etc.
    Lol, i do enjoy the series, but the "Principal" Kelly stuff made me laugth, is like the X-Men went into a Hight School AU .

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    And let's not forget, "I am not a snow plow," plus the fact she couldn't get rid of a sentinel by herself when she got upset and wanted to "cut loose".

The only good Storm moments I can remember off the top of my head was the Houngan episode and some of her Horsemen stuff which doesn't really count since she was boosted by Poccy for that to do things she should have been able to easily accomplish on her own without a boost.

X-Men Evolution was all kinds of bad.
    She couldn't even stop a wild waterspout in that Havok/Cyke episode either. Meanwhile TAS Storm soloed a massive tsunami spawned from the M'Krann's gravity waves, saving NYC while the other X-Men were in space.

The last four episodes were the best Evolution could muster, but it's still nothing compared to TAS.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lol, i do enjoy the series, but the "Principal" Kelly stuff made me laugth, is like the X-Men went into a Hight School AU .
    That's literally what it was. TAS was more close to the 90s comics and Evo was a high school AU

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    That's literally what it was. TAS was more close to the 90s comics and Evo was a high school AU
    I'm very aware of that, just that it made me laught how hard they went with that idea

I like TAS better but Evo had an awesome voice actress. I didn’t care for the second one in TAS.

BANNED

She couldn't even stop a wild waterspout in that Havok/Cyke episode either. Meanwhile TAS Storm soloed a massive tsunami spawned from the M'Krann's gravity waves, saving NYC while the other X-Men were in space.

The last four episodes were the best Evolution could muster, but it's still nothing compared to TAS.
    Let's also not forget how TSA Storm also took control of the ecosystem for the entire planet of Polemachus, superceding the disastrous effects of a machine that was causing the global devastation, and saved the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Let's also not forget how TSA Storm also took control of the ecosystem for the entire planet of Polemachus, superceding the disastrous effects of a machine that was causing the global devastation, and saved the planet.
    Yeah, that was even more impressive than the original Claremont story it was adapted from.

BANNED

Despite Power Gaps. Evo Storm is better imo.

TAS Storm was a leader, a powerhouse, had a tight friendship with Rogue, was a profound influence on Jubilee, had a romantic explorations with Arkon and Logan, could fight hand to hand, and was just awesome to behold.

Evo Storm was in the back, while the kids took all the screentime, had her acting like Mystique could do something to her, couldn't take a Sentinel, couldn't stop a natural waterspout, had some inexplicable nephew who was whack, even as a Horseman of Apocalypse, got beat by a bunch of kids.

BANNED

TAS Storm was a leader, a powerhouse, had a tight friendship with Rogue, was a profound influence on Jubilee, had a romantic explorations with Arkon and Logan, could fight hand to hand, and was just awesome to behold.

Evo Storm was in the back, while the kids took all the screentime, had her acting like Mystique could do something to her, couldn't take a Sentinel, couldn't stop a natural waterspout, had some inexplicable nephew who was whack, even as a Horseman of Apocalypse, got beat by a bunch of kids.
    That is not true. She actually beat them. There wasn't much the kids could do against Horseman Evo Storm. She literally had the upper hand the entire fight.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I prefer Fox cartoon Storm than Team Mom Evo Storm.

Also I think the Horsemen only lost in Evo because Leech showed up.

Everybody in Evolution was weak compared to their animated series counterparts(even Jean lol). I remember in TAS, Omega Red casually walks away after Colossus drops a tank on him and Storm was the only one who could defeat him. In Evolution, Logan takes him out by leg sweeping him and he's out for the rest of the episode. I only watched Evolution because I'd watch anything X-Men related once at least, but Spyke and his Auntie-O bs made it almost unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That is not true. She actually beat them. There wasn't much the kids could do against Horseman Evo Storm. She literally had the upper hand the entire fight.
    Except when she got blasted away by lighting by that one X-Kid whose name I forget...

double post

The first version of Storm that I knew was from the FOX cartoon. She will always be my favorite animated version. She was overdramatic with her dialogue, but I kinda liked it when she'd command the elements with her little speeches lol. One of my favorite episodes is when she was finally able to cut loose after she was mind controlled from Sauron. "HAHAHAHA!!! Rage winds, your mistress craves mooore!!! Rain, lightning, thunder!! Your power is miiiine, come to meeee!!!" Also loved it when she created a hurricane to pick up a huge building and dropped it on Juggernaut.

Evo Storm barely did anything and just threw lightning around. I'd love to see comic Storm being used like she used to during CC's original run where she'd use her abilties in different ways beyond the overused lightning bolts.