Page 119 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2875

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You had a lot of great moments, but I loved these two. I want to see them onscreen so badly! That tongue-lockpick scene in particular would cement Storm in the sexy-badass hall of fame forever!

Oh yeah me too! (It would crack me up if I saw that exchange between Storm and Cyclops on screen! ) for whatever reason, the movies mostly ignored the thieving aspect of the character Oh well more ground for the MCU to explore I suppose

this is a pretty awesome list. I really loved number 7. To see how effective she can be, even when powerless, was truly in itself a feat. Claremont really demonstrated how well-rounded and resourceful she can be as character. It's something I really miss in her characterization.

OMG yes such an underrated leadership feat that doesn't get enough love from fans or critics! I miss that aspect too

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But that's exactly what Storm does...and has done on several occasions...push beyond the limits of "real world logic". Under stress, she's created Day After Tomorrow-type Supercells, she's more than capable of creating an extreme wind/pressure generated tidal wave.

It's all general speculation, either way, as the text does not implicitly corroborate one or the other.
    I agree. I think Storm could do this in more than 1 way. I just didn't see a "breaking the rules of nature moment" in this showing.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

hey boo!!! I cant wait to see your top 10.
    I cannot rank these lol. Too hard and there are so many moments but is what stands out for me (and some I will summarize as a whole):

- Scrambling Sinister's brain -that was just EPIC!

- Channeling additional energy through Kenji to create the simultaneous and unique elemental effects cross the planet - the EM cyclone, Flash freeze and lava flow; AND THEN uses his telepathy to for the "intervention" to ave him (my evil a$$ would have roasted him alive while sipping a sour-patch martini)

- Flawed but formidable leader - Standing up to Cyclops and doing what he wanted with the Security team during Wood's first run; heatwave explosion to take down damage the bloodline (didn't like the way teammates who respect and defender suddenly started questioning her leadership decisions);used underworld connection to save the X-Men (Simeon Kurosov)

- Her potential as an influential figure - Going into San Marcos and stopping the tsunami, but also inspiring the people to fight back and kick that corporate militia out of their country; successful negotiations with the UN for the XSE; used her position as queen to support the Mutantes Sans Frontieres; inspiring her students with her actions during her solo run

- Following her own path - Creating the XXM team and then the XSE because she did what SHE felt needed to be done (this is the Storm we need to return) - so many great moments for Storm in these runs (i.e. the jovian pressure field, standing up to Xavier, defeating Khan and his intergalactic army, recognition of her TP resistance, unleashing EMPs and other creative applications of her powers, strong, confident and capable leader and had the respect of her team, etc.)

- I love when she gets the chance to demonstrate her other skills - martial combat skills (i.e. cutting a swatch through Hand ninjas, defeating Crimson Commando, Callisto, Marrow, matching Khan blow for blow) and breaking into highly secured SHIELD facilities

- The ENTIRE WAP run - standing up to Bast, creatively taking down the Shadow King, showing she is a force to be reckoned with despite the odds, planetary level weather manipulation

- Working outside of the X-Men - Joining the FF (great run under McDuffie - best portrayal of Storm+BP as a couple for me, space weather, hosting Eternity) & Avengers (though we know the crap fest that was Bendis's run), very few characters have been on 3 major teams

- Respecting her growth and experience with making difficult choices - destroying the elixir vitae even their desperate need of it, killing the unfortunate souls being fed upon on vampire island, faking the death of her team to protect them despite the personal/emotional cost, taking the risk and joining in Civil War even though her fellow X-Men refused to, etc.)

- Her deep connections with her team - great moments came in multiple runs, (Claremont, Pak, Chuck Kim) but in more recent years I liked Willow Wilson's brief time on the all female team - it showed how deeply Storm cared about her team (Psylocke, Rachel, Jubes & M); plus she a fierce beast - decimated Krakoa II+ breaking the sound barrier but also shed tears when she thought she wasn't going to see her girls again; I love the little "bro-mance" moments with her and Psylocke, Jean, Logan, Gambit, Kurt and Beast

A lot more to add...

That's what I read too.

Ocean waves are generally created by wind blowing over the water's surface (whereas a Tsunami is caused by tectonic movement of the ocean floor) and the lower the air pressure the bigger the wave so...A combination of both wind and air pressure manipulation along with Storm "exceeding her limits" could create such a large and devastating wave.
    No, it was a water manipulation feat/attack with some wind backing it. Think about it, if it was a wind attack, why bother gathering up water (a heavier medium for Storm to control), when it would have been a lot easier on her to summon a huge tornado or hurricane then a Tsunami or Tidal Wave.

Besides, To gather that much water so quickly, she would need to manipulate it directly. IMHO.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Unlike Claremont, Taylor did not imply that she controlled the water/wave...in fact, he said nothing. So...as I said before, the explanation could go either way.

Look, I get you all are into this whole hydro-kinesis kick as far as your omnipotent Storm is concerned...but really, I'm very "What-ever" about it all. So there is no need to go into any great suppositions or explanations. End result...she created a tidal wave to drown out Nova...the How is obviously immaterial at this point.

Carry on, as usual.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-18-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm has been shown to control water itself since her second story. Notice it says the water "gathers the soldiers like a living thing".

Attachment 72465

Storm has ridden the ocean waves.

Attachment 72466

And she picked up a downed Blackbird with the ocean itself, utilizing it like a 'liquid atmosphere'.

Attachment 72467

The largest wind blown waves recorded are barely 100 feet tall, and are the result of continuous wind blowing over a large body of water for hours(days really) at a time in one direction. Storm made her several hundreds of feet tall wave almost instantaneously*she flew from Atlantis(somewhere in the Atlantic) to Genosha(near Madagascar in the Indian Ocean) and delivered the wave within minutes. Wind blown waves don't get much larger than 100 feet because the water breaks, or shears off the top, and falls back down. There is no way Storm could make a wave so monstrously large without controlling the water itself at least in part*which canon shows she can do.
    the scans speak for themselves. even if she didnt manipulate the water directly based upon her skillset she most certainly could have. hopefully Taylor answers the question I sent regarding the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    Oh yeah me too! (It would crack me up if I saw that exchange between Storm and Cyclops on screen! ) for whatever reason, the movies mostly ignored the thieving aspect of the character Oh well more ground for the MCU to explore I suppose

OMG yes such an underrated leadership feat that doesn't get enough love from fans or critics! I miss that aspect too
    yea you are absolutely correct. I in fact forgot about that showing until you mentiones it. storm was truly a bada$$ then and it would be great to see her return to that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I agree. I think Storm could do this in more than 1 way. I just didn't see a "breaking the rules of nature moment" in this showing.

I cannot rank these lol. Too hard and there are so many moments but is what stands out for me (and some I will summarize as a whole):

- Scrambling Sinister's brain -that was just EPIC!

- Channeling additional energy through Kenji to create the simultaneous and unique elemental effects cross the planet - the EM cyclone, Flash freeze and lava flow; AND THEN uses his telepathy to for the "intervention" to ave him (my evil a$$ would have roasted him alive while sipping a sour-patch martini)

- Flawed but formidable leader - Standing up to Cyclops and doing what he wanted with the Security team during Wood's first run; heatwave explosion to take down damage the bloodline (didn't like the way teammates who respect and defender suddenly started questioning her leadership decisions);used underworld connection to save the X-Men (Simeon Kurosov)

- Her potential as an influential figure - Going into San Marcos and stopping the tsunami, but also inspiring the people to fight back and kick that corporate militia out of their country; successful negotiations with the UN for the XSE; used her position as queen to support the Mutantes Sans Frontieres; inspiring her students with her actions during her solo run

- Following her own path - Creating the XXM team and then the XSE because she did what SHE felt needed to be done (this is the Storm we need to return) - so many great moments for Storm in these runs (i.e. the jovian pressure field, standing up to Xavier, defeating Khan and his intergalactic army, recognition of her TP resistance, unleashing EMPs and other creative applications of her powers, strong, confident and capable leader and had the respect of her team, etc.)

- I love when she gets the chance to demonstrate her other skills - martial combat skills (i.e. cutting a swatch through Hand ninjas, defeating Crimson Commando, Callisto, Marrow, matching Khan blow for blow) and breaking into highly secured SHIELD facilities

- The ENTIRE WAP run - standing up to Bast, creatively taking down the Shadow King, showing she is a force to be reckoned with despite the odds, planetary level weather manipulation

- Working outside of the X-Men - Joining the FF (great run under McDuffie - best portrayal of Storm+BP as a couple for me, space weather, hosting Eternity) & Avengers (though we know the crap fest that was Bendis's run), very few characters have been on 3 major teams

- Respecting her growth and experience with making difficult choices - destroying the elixir vitae even their desperate need of it, killing the unfortunate souls being fed upon on vampire island, faking the death of her team to protect them despite the personal/emotional cost, taking the risk and joining in Civil War even though her fellow X-Men refused to, etc.)

- Her deep connections with her team - great moments came in multiple runs, (Claremont, Pak, Chuck Kim) but in more recent years I liked Willow Wilson's brief time on the all female team - it showed how deeply Storm cared about her team (Psylocke, Rachel, Jubes & M); plus she a fierce beast - decimated Krakoa II+ breaking the sound barrier but also shed tears when she thought she wasn't going to see her girls again; I love the little "bro-mance" moments with her and Psylocke, Jean, Logan, Gambit, Kurt and Beast

A lot more to add...
    this is a very comprehensive list rider!!! I knew you would deliver and all of these are truly great storm moments.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

hi there babies! how are you?!? I hope you are having a wonderful day wherever you may be. just an update on the petition for those of you who want to know. we just made it to 200 signatures and we were able to do this within 2 weeks!!!

the next goal is 500 signatures!! please continue to share and sign if you havent. the only way we can make effective change is by actively working to make the change we want!!

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-marv...dari-yao-4ever
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I really like these lists of Storm moments. Aside from the ones already mentioned, I liked when she created the instant flash flood to drown out the Sidrian hunters. I also have a soft spot for the Australia era when I first started reading comics. The Nanny issue is pretty great because she takes out the entire X-men team (Colossus, Psylocke, Havok, Dazzler) plus Nanny and the Orphan-maker by herself. There is no doubt about who is the X-men leader and most powerful member.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    I really like these lists of Storm moments. Aside from the ones already mentioned, I liked when she created the instant flash flood to drown out the Sidrian hunters. I also have a soft spot for the Australia era when I first started reading comics. The Nanny issue is pretty great because she takes out the entire X-men team (Colossus, Psylocke, Havok, Dazzler) plus Nanny and the Orphan-maker by herself. There is no doubt about who is the X-men leader and most powerful member.
    I like them too and the lists are generated arent the same so it really shows that she has had a lot of great moments within the franchise. now the moment u mention is one I would like to see shown again. and agreed to your last statement 1000% percent. she was created to be the most beautiful and powerful; these favorite moments most certainly show this.

also do you have scans of the nanny issue? is this the issue when havok thought he killed storm when he shot down nanny's ship?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-18-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Unlike Claremont, Taylor did not imply that she controlled the water/wave...in fact, he said nothing. So...as I said before, the explanation could go either way.

Look, I get you all are into this whole hydro-kinesis kick as far as your omnipotent Storm is concerned...but really, I'm very "What-ever" about it all. So there is no need to go into any great suppositions or explanations. End result...she created a tidal wave to drown out Nova...the How is obviously immaterial at this point.

Carry on, as usual.
    This is lowkey rude.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    This is lowkey rude.
    If that's how YOU took it...I can't really help you there. I am just stating my point and position...like everyone else does.

such a slow storm news period.... what else is there to discuss??

oh coogler is back on the bp2 and I'm seeing so many tweets asking that storm better be in the sequel. I love the masses passion for the all-goddess.

it makes me smile. And I'm ready for some more omnipotent storm feats. the red issue most certainly wasnt enough.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I like them too and the lists are generated arent the same so it really shows that she has had a lot of great moments within the franchise. now the moment u mention is one I would like to see shown again. and agreed to your last statement 1000% percent. she was created to be the most beautiful and powerful; these favorite moments most certainly show this.

also do you have scans of the nanny issue? is this the issue when havok thought he killed storm when he shot down nanny's ship?
    Yes, that's the issue. Here's Storm resisting both a telepathic attack from Psylocke and a physical attack from Colossus:

Then she uses thunder to stun Havok and Dazzler:

And finally wind and ice to take them out:

I think her greatest omnipotent moment to date was definitely the trion feat by healing its dimension. one of my favorite moments as well for her:

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Yes, that's the issue. Here's Storm resisting both a telepathic attack from Psylocke and a physical attack from Colossus:

Then she uses thunder to stun Havok and Dazzler:

And finally wind and ice to take them out:

omg!!! thank you beloved!!! now this is the All-goddess I want to read about.

no lightning lass: check
    resistance to telepathy: check
    winds strong enough to send colossus flying: check
    not a bumbling idiot and afraid to do battle: check
    no taking naps every issue: check
    no need to use a hammer when her powers alone can get the job done: check

thanks for sharing these scans. that issue was definitely a great one for ororo and supports your statement and the fact she us the most powerful xmen.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-18-2018 at 11:55 AM.

If that's how YOU took it...I can't really help you there. I am just stating my point and position...like everyone else does.
    Quoting the sentinel from TAS ..
    Unidentified mutant.. fill in the last word
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡