Page 13 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

I choose optimism. It's more fun. I am excited to see what the new Uncanny title has in store for Storm and the rest of the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    What makes them say that? Imagine the backlash if Marvel killed Storm.
    Out of all the major X-Men, Storm's the only one who never had a event based around her dying and as someone who likes Storm, I'd be curious to see how some of her closest friends and loved ones honor her. We all know death isn't permanent in comics so a Death of Storm story is something I'd be interested to see, especially now that her reputation is kinda being tarnished in the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Out of all the major X-Men, Storm's the only one who never had a event based around her dying and as someone who likes Storm, I'd be curious to see how some of her closest friends and loved ones honor her. We all know death isn't permanent in comics so a Death of Storm story is something I'd be interested to see, especially now that her reputation is kinda being tarnished in the X-books.
    A few years ago I used to think that marvel should have killed her off just because I felt that they didn't know what to do with her.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I like Storm's color in this :-)
    BUT SWEET JESUS!!!

Attachment 69218
    Those colors for Storm are nice, but I'm not sold on this costume. I also don't like seeing Storm with her hair tied back like that.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Beast and Iceman have never died

NEVER acceptable. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    NEVER acceptable. EVER!
    Right. Then marvel would use this as a way to never have the problem of writers "not knowing how to write her" again
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Storm is the X-Men’s token Black Guy. Even tho we have Bishop she is still THE black person you have to have for diversity. Storm is by far one of the most popular X-Men alive next to Wolverine. Having her die would actually be a bad idea and a huge backlash. Your idea sounds great I wouldn’t mind to see that, but the fact is Marvel as much as they like to downplay Storm they simply can’t afford to take that risk.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

https://www.thegamer.com/disney-char...llains-heroes/

1. Storm

This next piece of art by artist Isaiah Stephenson on DeviantArt showcases both Disney and Marvel’s most powerful forces of nature, Kida from*Atlantis: The Lost Empire*and Storm from*Marvel’s X-Men.

Kida is the princess of the lost city of Atlantis, a powerful society that blends technology and nature together into a powerful force.

Storm is one of the most powerful mutants on the X-Men, with the ability to control the planet’s weather using her own willpower. Combined these two would make quite a powerful new hero.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    https://www.thegamer.com/disney-char...llains-heroes/

1. Storm

This next piece of art by artist Isaiah Stephenson on DeviantArt showcases both Disney and Marvel’s most powerful forces of nature, Kida from*Atlantis: The Lost Empire*and Storm from*Marvel’s X-Men.

Kida is the princess of the lost city of Atlantis, a powerful society that blends technology and nature together into a powerful force.

Storm is one of the most powerful mutants on the X-Men, with the ability to control the planet’s weather using her own willpower. Combined these two would make quite a powerful new hero.
    Kida and Ororo have a lot in common, including color-scheme! Seriously though, I would love for Ororo's matrilineal line's history to be explored more and developed somewhere along the lines of Kida's. We know there was some connection to Atlantis, and that Ororo's ancestor Ayesha was possibly Sorceress Supreme during the fall of that culture. I can't believe no one has written this story yet.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 08-12-2018 at 01:17 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Beast and Iceman have never died
    Maybe, but I don't see Beast and Iceman on the same level of relevancy of say Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean. All the big heroes get a death and return story and I think Storm deserves her shot at it.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm is the X-Men’s token Black Guy. Even tho we have Bishop she is still THE black person you have to have for diversity. Storm is by far one of the most popular X-Men alive next to Wolverine. Having her die would actually be a bad idea and a huge backlash. Your idea sounds great I wouldn’t mind to see that, but the fact is Marvel as much as they like to downplay Storm they simply can’t afford to take that risk.
    Maybe the backlash would be a good thing for her in the long run. Bishop is my 3rd favorite of the X-Men(behind Wolverine and Storm) and after they tried to destroy him as a character there was some backlash, but Bishop's fanbase is dwarfed by Storm's and Marvel just did whatever and let him rot in limbo for awhile. I don't see that happening with Storm. Especially now in a time where Marvel is "trying" to change their image on their treatment of female characters. So let's say they kill Storm off in a few months, her return story would be around the time when we get rebooted X-Men characters within the MCU. That type of synergy would probably boost Storm's popularity higher than it's ever been.

Maybe, but I don't see Beast and Iceman on the same level of relevancy of say Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean. All the big heroes get a death and return story and I think Storm deserves her shot at it.
    By major X-men, I thought you may have included the likes of Nightcrawler, Colossus,Xavier, Rogue, Kitty, Psylocke and Angel as well, which is why I mentioned Beast and Iceman, whom I feel is on their level

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    By major X-men, I thought you may have included the likes of Nightcrawler, Colossus,Xavier, Rogue, Kitty, Psylocke and Angel as well, which is why I mentioned Beast and Iceman, whom I feel is on their level
    Oh don't get me wrong, they're major X-Men... A-list even within the X-universe, but Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean are just a tier above them I feel. It's really just the trio of Storm, Wolverine, and Cyclops tho. I included Jean because her Phoenix storyline was an important story in X-Men lore.

Spectacular Member

No X-Men gold preview this week? Hmmmm I guess we have to wait until Wednesday to see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    No X-Men gold preview this week? Hmmmm I guess we have to wait until Wednesday to see what happens
    aint s-t gonna happen with Storm anyway