Page 134 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2875

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Absolute no! to the Goddess stuff.
    I liked when she just had an affinity for sensing and minor manipulation of Magic but I don't care really for a full exploration/training of her mystical potential especially as her actual powers are woefully under-explored/used.
    Absolute yes! to her Powers, Leadership and Fighting Abilities being pushed further, explored and properly utilised.
    Agreed with this. I never cared for the goddess stuff. She doesn't need it. It makes her OP and boring imo. Writers need to start using her weather powers in a more creative way.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTaj View Post
    Goddess - I think this is where I deviate the most from the rest of the Storm fandom. I never liked the literal goddess angle. Makes her too much on a pedestal and difficult to relate to.
    I don't think this is an unpopular opinion. Storm has a lot of fans from the original Claremont run and the LifeDeath issues (where she had no powers at all) are favorites for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-emma-frost-1/

storm is appearing in Emma black comic. question. has storm had any interactions with emma after she lied to ororo during ivx and tried to kill all the inhumans? I find it a bit problematic that storm of all characters would be working with her to do anything after those events.

can tall help it make sense to me?
    She’s probably waiting for the opportunity to punch her again ! J/K Most likely Storm would set aside her personal feelings about Emma and work with her to take out the HFC sine they are the paramount/immediate threat. At some point though I think writers should address that issue between them. It was Storm’s plan too (most likely the part/plan to remove the inhuman leadership while they destroyed the cloud) but Emma’s attempt/approach to kill them (though I agree with her there) irrespective of the consequences/impact is something I can see needing a story to rebuild bridges between Emma & the X-Men.

At a time where Cyclops is dead and Magneto is a villain, I can accept her not being the head lead but to not lead at all? This is the best opportunity for her leadership to get great development.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    At a time where Cyclops is dead and Magneto is a villain, I can accept her not being the head lead but to not lead at all? This is the best opportunity for her leadership to get great development.
    We’ll see what happens with the Uncanny for her. Part of me would like to see her leading a non-mutant team outside of the X-Men. It feels like the X-Office is struggling with coming up with a new premise for the mutants and that’s part of why it feels like they don’t know what to do with Storm. I think it would be interesting to see her leading a new incarnation of the Thunderbolts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think I want to see her Goddess mode more. Have her go all godlike...fight Odin or Zeus to a stalemate. Then 20 issues later give up her godly powers to save the universe.

Then my plans to rule the world shall start...hahaha
    Right there with you, but I’m going straight to the battle threads with Goddess Mode as soon as she gets more Feats

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think I want to see her Goddess mode more. Have her go all godlike...fight Odin or Zeus to a stalemate. Then 20 issues later give up her godly powers to save the universe.

Then my plans to rule the world shall start...hahaha
    yes to fighting Odin or Zeus no to giving up her powers to save the universe. if we can have thor and hulk captaiin marvel and others, why do we have to limit what storm can potentially do? I'm tired of the double standards when it comes to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    She’s probably waiting for the opportunity to punch her again ! J/K Most likely Storm would set aside her personal feelings about Emma and work with her to take out the HFC sine they are the paramount/immediate threat. At some point though I think writers should address that issue between them. It was Storm’s plan too (most likely the part/plan to remove the inhuman leadership while they destroyed the cloud) but Emma’s attempt/approach to kill them (though I agree with her there) irrespective of the consequences/impact is something I can see needing a story to rebuild bridges between Emma & the X-Men.
    I would hope so. I think back to emma stripping proto of her powers, torturing her, swapping bodies with her, trying to kill and mind wipe her on several occasions, mocking her after her marriage was annulled, and then most recently misleading her into going to war with the inhumans. I think ororo is powerful and resourceful enough to get ish done without having to lie in a bed with a snake such as emma.

that said, I do agree a story should be written to address the many times Emma betrayed her. at least it would make their interactions seem more believable to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    I don't think this is an unpopular opinion. Storm has a lot of fans from the original Claremont run and the LifeDeath issues (where she had no powers at all) are favorites for many people.
    Definitely! The post LD era featured some of Storm's most definitive character development. I would like to see something similar with her going forward but without the dire trauma and misery (of losing her powers).

A competent writer who understands the character can put her in a scenario/arc where, even though it might be easier to use her powers, it would be much more satisfying physically and mentally to go all out in hand-to-hand combat.

Thinking back on it...I really do appreciate Claremont's ability to write and juggle multiple plots and sub-plots where characters got their individual moments of shine.

I hope after the reboot we get a storm similar to this in terms of her look. shes a little shirt but overall this would be a move in the right direction:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dark_clou...57433304055809
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

I hope after the reboot we get a storm similar to this in terms of her look. shes a little shirt but overall this would be a move in the right direction:

I love the braids in the hair and I actually think the rings around her neck and wrists (I'm sorry I'm not sure what they are called) are a good idea too. The piece directly below the neck around the collarbone and shoulders is also really nice. However, I don't really like how the artist made the sash sit around her waist though. I think certain elements of the design are unflattering to a woman's figure. I'd like the fabric to be a bit darker to be more black than gray and the side cut-outs to be a bit more extreme. Like... if you're going to go with the side cut-outs then you gotta go all the way. Just doing it a little bit looks weird and unflattering. Last thing is her ankles look weird too. I'd like to see the fabric be a more seamless connection to the sandals because right now it makes it look like she has cankles.

But overall its a nice direction. I like a lot of the pattern work and how they incorporated the gold into the design.

I love the braids in the hair and I actually think the rings around her neck and wrists (I'm sorry I'm not sure what they are called) are a good idea too. The piece directly below the neck around the collarbone and shoulders is also really nice. However, I don't really like how the artist made the sash sit around her waist though. I think certain elements of the design are unflattering to a woman's figure. I'd like the fabric to be a bit darker to be more black than gray and the side cut-outs to be a bit more extreme. Like... if you're going to go with the side cut-outs then you gotta go all the way. Just doing it a little bit looks weird and unflattering. Last thing is her ankles look weird too. I'd like to see the fabric be a more seamless connection to the sandals because right now it makes it look like she has cankles.

But overall its a nice direction. I like a lot of the pattern work and how they incorporated the gold into the design.
    lolol at cankles. yea there are a few things that should definitely change. I would much prefer a heel than sandals I love the pattern to especially the bracelets around her wrists. so freaking cute. the braided portions if her hair is nice to me too.

When the team's primary foe is a guy who can control metal I am not sure the rings around her wrist and particularly her neck are a good idea. They do look good, though. I am fan of the costume, with the exception of the foot ware. Open toe seems silly for battledress.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    When the team's primary foe is a guy who can control metal I am not sure the rings around her wrist and particularly her neck are a good idea. They do look good, though. I am fan of the costume, with the exception of the foot ware. Open toe seems silly for battledress.
    they can be plastic or faux metal rings.

and the foot gear would definitely need to change. I think they were trying to go with q more earthy look to pay homage to her African ties but I dont think it does the costume any favors.

She would be perfect. I'm kind of happy she didn't do Captain Marvel that leaves her open to play Storm. And marvel already knows her. I can look past short if its above 5'5.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    She would be perfect. I'm kind of happy she didn't do Captain Marvel that leaves her open to play Storm. And marvel already knows her. I can look past short if its above 5'5.
    time will tell but based upon these pics i'm most definitely sold.