Page 138 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2875

Lightning is awesome. Literally. They just need to use it more realistically.

It's gorgeous, explosive, earth-shattering. She should definitely still use it, but it should actually cause damage.

I'm all for other applications of her powers too, but lightning is good!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

It's gorgeous, explosive, earth-shattering. She should definitely still use it, but it should actually cause damage.

it is destructive but the fact they use it so much it water downs how powerful lightning truly is. an argument could be made that she isnt using it a full power but I dont think most writers are looking at it from that perspective. nice video btw
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

THIS is why Storm IMO is the most powerful X-Man. This video is beautiful.

I love how hard the Lightning comes down and how fast it goes. That’s half the speed of light.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-29-2018 at 02:32 PM.

I was reading this exchange between Magneto and Storm. I loved the line where he mentioned she was the only mutant who was revered and worshipped for her abilities. it also made me wonder why Magneto hasnt shown more of an interest in her. Ororo is one of the few mutants who he has acknowledged could beat him. The amount of respect he has for her power is one I wish was further explored:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

I love how hard the Lightning comes down and how fast it goes. That’s half the speed of light.
    I love how you can see it catching the air on fire in some of these clips.

imagine what this would look like considering that vid:

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was reading this exchange between Magneto and Storm. I loved the line where he mentioned she was the only mutant who was revered and worshipped for her abilities. it also made me wonder why Magneto hasnt shown more of an interest in her. Ororo is one of the few mutants who he has acknowledged could beat him. The amount of respect he has for her power is one I wish was further explored:

In the 80's, under Claremont, their relationship and the respect they had for one another was better portrayed, but ultimately he was more of a mentor to the NM's, and she was deepening her role as leader of the X-Men(and she lost her powers for a lot of that time), so what you seem to be wanting wasn't the focus of their stories. Ultimately, modern writers just don't understand or appreciate the character enough to do what you are looking for.

In the 80's, under Claremont, their relationship and the respect they had for one another was better portrayed, but ultimately he was more of a mentor to the NM's, and she was deepening her role as leader of the X-Men(and she lost her powers for a lot of that time), so what you seem to be wanting wasn't the focus of their stories. Ultimately, modern writers just don't understand or appreciate the character enough to do what you are looking for.

agreed. I think about the devastation that the weather has brought to the real world and it seems ororo would be such a bigger force in the MU, not just in the xmen but when it comes to the world of heroes. Think about this statement:

The heat release, (of a hurricane) Landsea wrote, "is equivalent to a 10-megaton nuclear bomb exploding every 20 minutes."

That's amazing and terrifying at the same time. Why writers wouldn't focus on a character with such a magnificent and unique powerset it interesting and just annoying. We get the same boring stories about "fill in the blank white character" xman. I'm hoping Uncanny changes this.

I want a true return to Claremont storm right around the time she has resolved she will when it's necessary. where she strong and unmoving as a character.

give me this with goddess storm and I would be in heaven.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-29-2018 at 02:51 PM.

BANNED

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Claremont can write some Storm. Issue 198 “Life Death Part 2. Damn powerful moment for Storm. I’m now on Issue #202 the X-Men are going after Rachel in her Phoenix Form(which I’m not sure how did she get the power of the PF) to SF to fight Beyonder.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Claremont can write some Storm. Issue 198 “Life Death Part 2. Damn powerful moment for Storm. I’m now on Issue #202 the X-Men are going after Rachel in her Phoenix Form(which I’m not sure how did she get the power of the PF) to SF to fight Beyonder.
    please provide scans boo.
    rachel is from an alternate timeline. I'm not sure either but she could have come with it when she went to the past.

also not to spoil anything but powerless storm has some nice moments especially as a leader. the only character who led the xmen powerless and successful doing so.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-29-2018 at 05:05 PM.

BANNED

please provide scans boo.
    This had me SHAKEN. Very Powerful Moment for Storm.
    Uncanny X-Men Life Death Part 2
    AC40113E-D900-4FF7-ABC2-B7810EC9B744.jpg
    27A74758-494C-434E-9A8E-D1409D9973D0.jpg
    CBF6C262-8E71-49D8-B5C6-C7EC0569D594.jpg

This had me SHAKEN. Very Powerful Moment for Storm.
    Uncanny X-Men Life Death Part 2
    AC40113E-D900-4FF7-ABC2-B7810EC9B744.jpg
    27A74758-494C-434E-9A8E-D1409D9973D0.jpg
    CBF6C262-8E71-49D8-B5C6-C7EC0569D594.jpg
    your scand are always so small to see lolol tell me the page numbers from the issue love

BANNED

your scand are always so small to see lolol tell me the page numbers from the issue love
    Sorry. I’m on my phone.

Sorry. I’m on my phone.
    it's cool but u still didnt tell me the issue number. lol.

so the only thing storm is in tomorrow is Emma black book? such a tragedy.

I hope we get an appearance in BP. I need my storm fix.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

I believe she just claimed it as her birthright...the night she added herself to the holempathic crystal at Jean parents' house. Issue #199 I think.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-30-2018 at 11:09 AM.