Page 162 of 192 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2875
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It's pretty clear things are going to go BACK to the random stories and MULTIPLE X-Titles like it was in 2015.

Your right have 3 Wolverine Titles. And Scott coming gives Storm NO Chance at a Solo or even branching out.

It's Not the "Age of X" it's REALLY the Age of Wolverine to be honest.
    yup age of wolverine I will take a hard pass on all of this. I mean seriously how many wolverine titles do you need? that's not even including x-23 and the hulkverine mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You really thin Storm was gonna get a solo with no Scott around? I dont think he has any bearing on that being more or less likely to happen. He's been dead for 3 years and that its not like much was done to expand her role
    I will say it over and over again, the xoffices have zero desire to develop her like Coates would like to do. just look at how much he integrated within the mythos of wakanda. goddess knows what we would be talking about if not for his efforts. as long as marvel creative teams are mostly white men, we wont see any type of interest in the character. not in any significant way in such a manner that was done in BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's amazing how I'm already sick of Wolverine. He's not even properly back yet is in lots of books while we're here begging for scraps.
    yup it's a mess, just wait until he really is back. he will be one man xmen, avenger, f4 member, everything and everywhere.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It's the "Age Of Wolverine"
    LOL it's happening again. I REALLY HATE Wolverine.
    Nothing we can do about it............

I didn't think Storm was going to get a Solo this year regardless with Scott coming back or not. It's been WAAY too long with no word. And look at Feb 2019 it's clear we may never get one. UNLESS this Disney MOVIE Saves her.
    yea the solo wasmt going to be a thing especially with this age of x crap. I'm so over fans actively asking for ish just us to be ignored and get wolverine and more wolverine. and with cyclops being back the xmen are sure to go back to boys club. I'm not here for any of it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    See, what i mean.
    Is there an actual place or Website that one can send in a script in. where some one would actual look at it , cause if Marve l has no ideas at least Steal mines.
    by the way serious question.
    I don't know what Marvel is doing HONESTLY. Where are these books coming from and WHO is asking these mini series and why is this Infinity BS still going on???
    *SIGH* I don't care anymore.

BANNED

The Age Of Wolverine

• WOLVERINE: INFINITY WATCH

• HULKVERINES

• WOLVERINE: THE LONG NIGHT ADAPTATION

• DEAD MAN LOGAN

The Age Of Wolverine

• WOLVERINE: INFINITY WATCH

• HULKVERINES

• WOLVERINE: THE LONG NIGHT ADAPTATION

• DEAD MAN LOGAN
    I don't know what's worse. Captain Marvel getting like a billion reboots while Storm can't even get support for her solo or the return to Wolverine all-day, everyday.

guess who isnt mentioned. I think another reason why we get so much lightning lass is that people don't truly love the character in the manner we do. until his changes we will get the same:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-and-villains

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    guess who isnt mentioned. I think another reason why we get so much lightning lass is that people don't truly love the character in the manner we do. until his changes we will get the same:

I prefer writers not say Storm is one of their favorites...I'm always disappointed when they say that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I prefer writers not say Storm is one of their favorites...I'm always disappointed when they say that.
    I agree, sometimes the best writing comes from writers who learn to love a character. Writers who don't love the characters from the offset are the ones not afraid to put them through their paces.

Like I love Sue Storm, but outside of her powers I should be the last person to write a book about her. It would be a giant fanboy mess.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The more I look at the Age Of X-Man redesign, the more I hate it.

I hate the color scheme and the silhouette (or lack thereof, really). Why is she wearing a headwrap if she's bald? What do the face markings represent? Doesn't look like there's enough of them. It's like a bunch of ideas thrown together with no rhyme or reason...

Thank God, it's only for 5 issues.

Ultimate Member

I don't know what's worse. Captain Marvel getting like a billion reboots while Storm can't even get support for her solo or the return to Wolverine all-day, everyday.
    Carol has a movie coming. And Marvel has made it clear who they wanted to challenge Wonder Woman & Supergirl & Harley & Batgirl.

Logan gets all those books because-no matter the QUALITY of story or number of variant covers with him on it-no store is going to UNDER ORDER nor REFUSE to order a book with him.

For all the complaints about him in everything-there will be no gymnastic routine to find a reason to NOT buy the book.

Unlike the routine you would see with Storm-no matter WHO writes it. Coates name will make sure it sells well as a trade.

No one will eat, stab, set fire or call Disney to have anyone fired over Wolverine book.

Where are these books coming from and WHO is asking these mini series and why is this Infinity BS still going on???
    They are pandering to the complainers. Who get upset if Storm was to have a solo and leave ONE unsold copy out of the 7 ordered but are SILENT when Logan leaves 20 unsold copies out of the 75 ordered.

So the idea is toss out who gets a ton of book over ordered and not worry about what sales in the after market.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    The more I look at the Age Of X-Man redesign, the more I hate it.

I hate the color scheme and the silhouette (or lack thereof, really). Why is she wearing a headwrap if she's bald? What do the face markings represent? Doesn't look like there's enough of them. It's like a bunch of ideas thrown together with no rhyme or reason...

Thank God, it's only for 5 issues.
    I agree, what a mess. Do bald or do a headwrap with long braids/locs. Both at the same time is silly and indicative of not knowing what headwraps are about in the first place.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I agree, sometimes the best writing comes from writers who learn to love a character. Writers who don't love the characters from the offset are the ones not afraid to put them through their paces.

Like I love Sue Storm, but outside of her powers I should be the last person to write a book about her. It would be a giant fanboy mess.
    See this article makes sense. Not a lot of writers may not like Storm and that’s fair. However, there is NO EXCUSE to not know your source material. You don’t like Storm? Fine, but don’t treat the character like some push over getting knocked out by a rock. C’mon writers that’s not right nor fair to the character. Writers are too busy focused on their favorite hero and to be honest **** I would too. BUT I would still treat the characters that I particularly don’t like with respect and not like trash. Writers forget this isn’t THE KITTY SHOW, or THE HAVOK SHOW, or THE ROGUE SHOW, etc. I keep going back to the Justice League they have ALL top heroes operating in one team and they ALL act like a damn Team. LOL even Cyborg is written as a competent leader of the JL team. Even Aquaman is shown to be the boss B%^* he is and rightfully deserves to be.

There is no excuse. I’m sorry there isn’t regardless if you don’t like the character show that you have respect and KNOW your source material. Lol But even that’s too much because hey I bet you they will know their source material if it was their favorite character. A writer that’s a fan of Havok will remember that Havok took a dip into the Sun and absorb its energy than remember Storm manipulating cosmic Weather that she did at the start of her career -_-

And LordAllMighty I agree I rather writers not say Storm is their favorite character because that makes fans of this character expect you to know what hell you talking about when writing about Storm. Don’t tell me “Oh I love Storm she is such a strong character and her powers make her the most terrifying mutant “ then Dookie on her by saying she can’t manipulate weather in space.........................WHAT??????!!!!!
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-20-2018 at 07:52 PM.

I think this disappointment comes because it allows seems hollow once we as fans read the final product. However, the last time I recall this being expressed by a writer (where it wasnt her solo) and it translated through the story told was when Willow Wilson wrote Xmen. It was short and the story never felt to totally revolve around Ororo but the way in which Willow showed her using her power and the thoughtfulness she had made it clear that Ororo was her favorite. It wasnt using lightning for the sake of using it. There was a purpose and you dont get this from writers who truly care and love the character. As much as Guggs he liked storm we know this to be not true from his story telling.

I disagree. as I mentioned with willow, ororo was put "through the paces" but she came out of it. having an immense love for a character when you writing a good story doesnt mean your fav is infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Carol has a movie coming. And Marvel has made it clear who they wanted to challenge Wonder Woman & Supergirl & Harley & Batgirl.

Logan gets all those books because-no matter the QUALITY of story or number of variant covers with him on it-no store is going to UNDER ORDER nor REFUSE to order a book with him.

For all the complaints about him in everything-there will be no gymnastic routine to find a reason to NOT buy the book.

Unlike the routine you would see with Storm-no matter WHO writes it. Coates name will make sure it sells well as a trade.

No one will eat, stab, set fire or call Disney to have anyone fired over Wolverine book.

They are pandering to the complainers. Who get upset if Storm was to have a solo and leave ONE unsold copy out of the 7 ordered but are SILENT when Logan leaves 20 unsold copies out of the 75 ordered.

So the idea is toss out who gets a ton of book over ordered and not worry about what sales in the after market.
    Captain marvel was getting reboots well before this movie thing for her was a thing. But you make valid points about wolverine. I understand this push is because he is popular. heck I'm at the point I just want her to be written better even if she doesnt have a solo.

See this article makes sense. Not a lot of writers may not like Storm and thatĀ’s fair. However, there is NO EXCUSE to not know your source material. You donĀ’t like Storm? Fine, but donĀ’t treat the character like some push over getting knocked out by a rock. CĀ’mon writers thatĀ’s not right nor fair to the character. Writers are too busy focused on their favorite hero and to be honest **** I would too. BUT I would still treat the characters that I particularly donĀ’t like with respect and not like trash. Writers forget this isnĀ’t THE KITTY SHOW, or THE HAVOK SHOW, or THE ROGUE SHOW, etc. I keep going back to the Justice League they have ALL top heroes operating in one team and they ALL act like a damn Team. LOL even Cyborg is written as a competent leader of the JL team. Even Aquaman is shown to be the boss B%^* he is and rightfully deserves to be.

There is no excuse. IĀ’m sorry there isnĀ’t regardless if you donĀ’t like the character show that you have respect and KNOW your source material. Lol But even thatĀ’s too much because hey I bet you they will know their source material if it was their favorite character. A writer thatĀ’s a fan of Havok will remember that Havok took a dip into the Sun and absorb its energy than remember Storm manipulating cosmic Weather that she did at the start of her career -_-

And LordAllMighty I agree I rather writers not say Storm is their favorite character because that makes fans of this character expect you to know what hell you talking about when writing about Storm. DonĀ’t tell me Ā“Oh I love Storm she is such a strong character and her powers make her the most terrifying mutant Ā“ then Dookie on her by saying she canĀ’t manipulate weather in space.........................WHAT??????!!!!!
    I dont mind them not liking them but if writers had a more broad passion for the characters and respect for their mythos I dont believe we would only see lightning lass or a character that use her powers in space. instead of writers really doing their homework they write stories in favor of their head canon, which is why I think storm power portrayal is all over the place.

Anything of note for Storm in UXM #2 and Shuri #2? My initial persual of the spoiler thread = I won’t be buying this issue of UXM either.

True. I think it’s to be expected though on certain levels that writers have their pet characters, but as others have mentioned it doesn’t excuse shitty writing of the non-faves. And overall I feel like the writer’s just lack creativity and passion. And it sucks that we’ve had to go so long without a competent Storm writer in the X-books, and I don’t see a silver lining yet.