Page 168 of 192 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2875

I really need Storm to take a team and go do her own thing.

Sick of her playing sidekick to whoever wants to play leader this week. Storm has been a shadow of true self since X-Treme end.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I really need Storm to take a team and go do her own thing.

Sick of her playing sidekick to whoever wants to play leader this week. Storm has been a shadow of true self since X-Treme end.

Summon Lord Claremont!!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

awww guys.. you are not enjoying ororo in uncanny?

side bar... I knew ororo Gould beat juggs:

granted he was weakened in this story we most certainly know her lightning has more voltage than that needed to power a city.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-30-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    awww guys.. you are not enjoying ororo in uncanny?

side bar... I knew ororo Gould beat juggs:

granted he was weakened in this story we most certainly know her lightning has more voltage than that needed to power a city.
    Just a random question but what are your thoughts on how Storm was written in Wood’s Adjectivless X-men back in 2013-15 it was the all female team

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    Just a random question but what are your thoughts on how Storm was written in Wood’s Adjectivless X-men back in 2013-15 it was the all female team
    hey boo. I'm thinking you are talking about the first run. at first I thought she was overly bitchy; however, after reading uncanny when she went punk and also her demeanor after the marauders were hunting down mutants I thought it was spot on. I didnt particularly care for the lack of creativity when it came to her use of powers though. what did you think ?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That was from the prelude to Onslaught where he had already knocked Cain on his ass. Normally that type of attack shouldn't do much to Juggernaut.

Wood's first run with Storm back then was pretty decent. The proto-mutants story with Pixie, Domino, Psylocke and Colossus. It was one of the better showings for Ororo in the post-XSE era. Not perfect, but effective. I loved the art and it presented Ororo as having her own opinion beyond Cyclops, which almost no one did in that era. This cover is everything:

But when he got the longer run for the all female team, his Ororo just didn't stand up at all. He regurgitated the Piotr plotline with Rachel always trying to undermine Ororo's leadership, and it just fell flat for me completely. Not a fan. That series in general was a real wasted opportunity to highlight the female characters in a great way, but Wood and the rest of them flubbed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That was from the prelude to Onslaught where he had already knocked Cain on his ass. Normally that type of attack shouldn't do much to Juggernaut.
    I agree. However, Storm did Knock Juggernaut on his ass before with a powerful Lightning Bolt in Classic Spider-Woman #38

This Happened AFTER Storm had her mental melt down and tried to attack Juggernaut. So, I fully believe a powerful bolt can knock him down, but I agree it's not enough for a KO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 12-01-2018 at 07:56 AM.

You'll want to find another source for that image. That tag is problematic.

I think Storm caught him by surprise there more than anything.

BANNED

I deleted it, because that's the only source I can find it in.
    That's a possibility OR knocked him off balance, either way her bolts delivered a strong punch against someone who goes rounds with Hulk and Thor.

BANNED

hey boo. I'm thinking you are talking about the first run. at first I thought she was overly bitchy; however, after reading uncanny when she went punk and also her demeanor after the marauders were hunting down mutants I thought it was spot on. I didnt particularly care for the lack of creativity when it came to her use of powers though. what did you think ?
    Hey sis I liked the Arkea and the Sisterhood stories those were very entertaining for me, and I liked that one story where Shogo’s Dad comes back and he was tryna take him back and Storm basically microwaved a section of the forest I thought that was hella dope (granted there should’ve been more moments like that) but it’s in the past.

agreed. I wish making the point if a voltage level capable of powering a city was strong enough to hurt a weakened juggs, one of storms more powerful bolts could hurt a regular powered juggs.

Wood's first run with Storm back then was pretty decent. The proto-mutants story with Pixie, Domino, Psylocke and Colossus. It was one of the better showings for Ororo in the post-XSE era. Not perfect, but effective. I loved the art and it presented Ororo as having her own opinion beyond Cyclops, which almost no one did in that era. This cover is everything:

But when he got the longer run for the all female team, his Ororo just didn't stand up at all. He regurgitated the Piotr plotline with Rachel always trying to undermine Ororo's leadership, and it just fell flat for me completely. Not a fan. That series in general was a real wasted opportunity to highlight the female characters in a great way, but Wood and the rest of them flubbed.
    that was one thing I couldn't stand about woods run. the constant pushback from her teammates was quite annoying.

that cover though was badass!!

his scream seemed to indicate he was actually hurt to some degree.

Hey sis I liked the Arkea and the Sisterhood stories those were very entertaining for me, and I liked that one story where Shogo’s Dad comes back and he was tryna take him back and Storm basically microwaved a section of the forest I thought that was hella dope (granted there should’ve been more moments like that) but it’s in the past.
    yea it is in the past but I think it is one of the better showings for storm in the modern era.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-01-2018 at 12:36 PM.

BANNED

Waiting for Storm Solo like:

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Waiting for Storm Solo like:

That's me, waiting for a competent Storm.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That's me, waiting for a competent Storm.