Page 174 of 192 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2875

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Miranda: “Lightning against Magneto, Storm....”

Over this seemingly endless wave of lazy ass\predictable writing...
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 12-06-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Awww back at cha’ Kyss <3...

On Yukio from what I recall Lady Deathstrike severed her spine. I think Storm still loves Yukio and I like to see that bread crumb revisited, especially woth Wolverine returning. Some bro time for Storm, Logan and there fave ronin.
    (^_^)

How long ago was that when that happened before she was in her solo? And yes I would agree her love for Yukio wouldn't change; I saw her being disappointed in her killing that general but nothing beyond that. I'm all for them to kick it like the good 'ole days as long as it doesn't turn into some low key orgy lol. I mean Logan has had them both now.

Did we ever see this before? I thought the list was cool. I’d make some changes to the ranking (and don’t 100% agree with some commentary) I love that elemental control o
    Is #1:

https://www.cbr.com/best-superpowers-ranked/

1. Elemental control comes in many forms, and it is clear that some are nowhere near as powerful as others. Two examples on the weaker end of the spectrum are the ability to control fire and ice. The biggest examples are from Marvel with Iceman and The Human Torch. Both have proven to be incredibly powerful, although it all depends on who is writing them.

More powerful is Thor, who, as the god of thunder, can control the weather. However, if a person can control all the elements, that superhero could become the most powerful character in the world. Storm comes closest, as she can control the weather and atmosphere to an almost limitless degree, and is one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe. When a person can control the elements, there is little that can get in their way.
    this is the first i ever saw this; however, I wish this ranking actually bled through the comics. we hear all the time how powerful storm is without really seeing just how powerful she is.

what would you have changed?

also did you see this list? I shared it a while back but don't think i ever saw your thoughts on it. would you change anything here:

https://screenrant.com/xmen-storm-body-trivia/

Miranda: “Lightning against Magneto, Storm....”

Over this seemingly endless wave of lazy ass\predictable writing...
    lolololol you took the words right out of my mouth
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-07-2018 at 12:22 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I thought this was really nice. It is always so nice to see how Storm has inspired people and how that inspiration manifests in the real world:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Lightning against a probably enhanced Horseman Magneto...alright. Maybe she testing the water...

Did we ever see this before? I thought the list was cool. I’d make some changes to the ranking (and don’t 100% agree with some commentary) I love that elemental control o
    Is #1:

https://www.cbr.com/best-superpowers-ranked/

1. Elemental control comes in many forms, and it is clear that some are nowhere near as powerful as others. Two examples on the weaker end of the spectrum are the ability to control fire and ice. The biggest examples are from Marvel with Iceman and The Human Torch. Both have proven to be incredibly powerful, although it all depends on who is writing them.

More powerful is Thor, who, as the god of thunder, can control the weather. However, if a person can control all the elements, that superhero could become the most powerful character in the world. Storm comes closest, as she can control the weather and atmosphere to an almost limitless degree, and is one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe. When a person can control the elements, there is little that can get in their way.
    I'm sure Crystal fans might be a tad bit salty after reading that..lol

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought this was really nice. It is always so nice to see how Storm has inspired people and how that inspiration manifests in the real world:

Big Smile on my face. Do you're thing girl.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 12-07-2018 at 09:12 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

She hits him with Lightning?....

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

Storm: Why...isn't this...WORKING!!!!??

(^_^)

How long ago was that when that happened before she was in her solo? And yes I would agree her love for Yukio wouldn't change; I saw her being disappointed in her killing that general but nothing beyond that. I'm all for them to kick it like the good 'ole days as long as it doesn't turn into some low key orgy lol. I mean Logan has had them both now.
    I am not sure butit had been some years. There was an Astonishin X-Men series a few years beforethe solo and she was already in a wheelchair then. I am thinking - how is she going to protect herself? Several of her criminal partners are super human (Magnum being uber-powerful) and she didn’t seem to have a specific clan of her own during the solo. It would be an interesting story to build around a coupe for power and Storm/Logan need to save her (and hopefully fix her spine with tech).

this is the first i ever saw this; however, I wish this ranking actually bled through the comics. we hear all the time how powerful storm is without really seeing just how powerful she is. what would you have changed?
    Like:

- X-RAY VISION is better than super adaptability?
    - INVISIBILITY outranking regeneration, intangiblity, shapeshifting?

I would have shifted around some of the ranking and removed X-RAY vision since I think Darwin and Lifegaurd had a more impressive/challenging powerset.

also did you see this list? I shared it a while back but don't think i ever saw your thoughts on it. would you change anything here:

https://screenrant.com/xmen-storm-body-trivia/
    Yes I’ve seen it. The only thing I would add, though it is more nitpicky than needed lol, is that her flight is not limited to wind. She can travel via lightning and while in water she can also leverage the currents in that medium as well. Other than that I think the list is solid and opens another development option for her ability to resist temp extremes.

Nice . She did a good job with her 90’s take on Ororo and I love her passion for the character. It’s sad that Marvel clearly doesn’t take the time to see these and answer fan appreciate with passionate well thought out stories for the fan faves.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lightning against a probably enhanced Horseman Magneto...alright. Maybe she testing the water...
    I wish that was the case -__-...I mean if they want to act like she has never fought him before can they at least have her put the other X-Men crowd control while she revists the tornado assaultthat damn near worked?

I'm sure Crystal fans might be a tad bit salty after reading that..lol
    Lol I thought that too, since she has earth and fire under her purview. Hmmm maybe they are als factoring in the none earth elements that Storm can adapt to and control. I think tat is a big distinction between these when we account for where they overlap and where they differ.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

lol my exact immediate reaction. These writers are terrible when it comes to the X-ladies. I mean Psylocke would not need Jean’s help to cast an illusion and could have been dropping hundreds of madrox clones at a time and she cut her way through them. Storm and Lorna still fighting within reaching distance of a crowd that cold be getting doused in frigid rain and low force gale that would have them running for cover vs fighting. Or Lorna could be holding them in place via the iron in their blood (or put them to sleep).

And lightning vs Magneto - a dumb choice by the writers and I guess I need to stop being surprised that they lack imagination or the ability to not do the same thing in every issue because of plot reasons.

Where is this from?

And to be honest friends, I'm over the ponytail...
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I am not sure butit had been some years. There was an Astonishin X-Men series a few years beforethe solo and she was already in a wheelchair then. I am thinking - how is she going to protect herself? Several of her criminal partners are super human (Magnum being uber-powerful) and she didn’t seem to have a specific clan of her own during the solo. It would be an interesting story to build around a coupe for power and Storm/Logan need to save her (and hopefully fix her spine with tech).
    chile why are you not working for marvel??? lol you be passing these ideas for stories out like neighborhood candy lady. and thank you for the info i didn't know any of that about Yukie

Like:

- X-RAY VISION is better than super adaptability?
    - INVISIBILITY outranking regeneration, intangiblity, shapeshifting?

I would have shifted around some of the ranking and removed X-RAY vision since I think Darwin and Lifegaurd had a more impressive/challenging powerset.
    interesting. sue was the first comic book character i ever read about and thus always thought her powers of invisibility were pretty cool. so i didn't mind this being ahead of some of the others you listed because of that .

Yes I’ve seen it. The only thing I would add, though it is more nitpicky than needed lol, is that her flight is not limited to wind. She can travel via lightning and while in water she can also leverage the currents in that medium as well. Other than that I think the list is solid and opens another development option for her ability to resist temp extremes.
    excellent point about the other methods she can travel. i would love to see more travel via lightning akin to how she did when she went to Latveria for the first time. So it seems you are on the ship of her being resistant to temp extremes. I really wish this description would align to how Claremont originally wrote her as which is that she is that none of the weather manifestations can directly hurt her. I felt Scott Lobdell did a great did to try to contradict that statement.

Nice . She did a good job with her 90’s take on Ororo and I love her passion for the character. It’s sad that Marvel clearly doesn’t take the time to see these and answer fan appreciate with passionate well thought out stories for the fan faves.
    i thought it was nice too. it kind of hurt my feelings that she was picked on for not looking like the characters she was cosplaying but it was nice to see she pushed through and ignored the haters to get to where she is now. it was very nice! and agreed!! I really don't understand why they don't give Storm the push that they do other characters considering just how many people have been impacted by the character.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Where is this from?

And to be honest friends, I'm over the ponytail...
    its from uncanny xmen issue 5 that is out next week.

its from uncanny xmen issue 5 that is out next week.
    Smh...when will the X-office ever learn? Storm's been written down by them for so long I feel like the only changes made to the character have been to her costume.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Smh...when will the X-office ever learn? Storm's been written down by them for so long I feel like the only changes made to the character have been to her costume.
    Seriously!!! Like ignoring all the great stuff that has happened in Black Panther with her characterization, this is the only character I can think of who has gotten weaker in terms of power and dumber in terms of her characterization as time has progressed. It usually happens the opposite way being that the older version of a character is usually not as powerful/smart where with time feats occur to demonstrate growth in the character.

chile why are you not working for marvel??? lol you be passing these ideas for stories out like neighborhood candy lady. and thank you for the info i didn't know any of that about Yukie
    Would love to get a Storm or X-Men or small black hero team/villain roster to write for Marvel.

Invisibility
    I think its a cool power but like...where is magic? Where is cosmic energy? Where is the dark force?

excellent point about the other methods she can travel. i would love to see more travel via lightning akin to how she did when she went to Latveria for the first time. So it seems you are on the ship of her being resistant to temp extremes. I really wish this description would align to how Claremont originally wrote her as which is that she is that none of the weather manifestations can directly hurt her. I felt Scott Lobdell did a great did to try to contradict that statement.
    I prefer her to be completely immune like Claremont mentioned in classic Uncanny, and I think that should be true for the atmospheric forces she controls. My resistance development is based on how Marvel has canonized (incuding the OHOTMUs), so if we are stuck with resistance then give her total concious control of her own body up to the edge of space (which is hundreds of degrees below 0). So both autonomous and concious control.

Seriously!!! Like ignoring all the great stuff that has happened in Black Panther with her characterization, this is the only character I can think of who has gotten weaker in terms of power and dumber in terms of her characterization as time has progressed. It usually happens the opposite way being that the older version of a character is usually not as powerful/smart where with time feats occur to demonstrate growth in the character.
    Right. But I feel like all we have bene getting are white writers who have no interest, passion or ability to write characters of color so we end up suffering. Like Storm has to be on these rosters because she’s popular but the writers have no idea what to do with her in terms of development. I simply don’t find it that hard, but then again I have a lot of passion for the character. Rosenberg stated his top faves are pretty much all white - Cyclops, Polaris, Magik....

I find that there writing style is more than apparent who will job, be ineffective, be incompetent, be indecisive, etc at the cost of that characters growth for their fave to shine. They may argue that Storm is present, she has lines, she’s leading blah blah blah....but they way they’ve handle her thus far makes it clear they will sacrifice the token characters of color to elevate their faves.

BANNED

We just need someone who knows X-Men history. It’s true over the years some of the writers who happen to be white just simply don’t know how she operates. That’s only because they don’t know their source material. Any writer that KNOWS the X-men and their rich history should know how these mutants operate. However, truth be told I don’t fault these writers TOO much because if it was me I’d make Storm front and center in every Story.

Storm suffers because writers don’t know her character at all and they don’t know their source materials. Coates is only praised because he’s proven to KNOW his material about the character. Greg Pak sane thing. He did some nice things with Storm that I enjoyed. I don’t really buy into this whole white writers black writers thing. It’s just we NEED writers who knows the character and their source material that’s it. We as fans can tell when one doesn’t. And really Editorial is also one to blame because they slack off.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 12-08-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Would love to get a Storm or X-Men or small black hero team/villain roster to write for Marvel.

I think its a cool power but like...where is magic? Where is cosmic energy? Where is the dark force?

I prefer her to be completely immune like Claremont mentioned in classic Uncanny, and I think that should be true for the atmospheric forces she controls. My resistance development is based on how Marvel has canonized (incuding the OHOTMUs), so if we are stuck with resistance then give her total concious control of her own body up to the edge of space (which is hundreds of degrees below 0). So both autonomous and concious control.

Right. But I feel like all we have bene getting are white writers who have no interest, passion or ability to write characters of color so we end up suffering. Like Storm has to be on these rosters because she’s popular but the writers have no idea what to do with her in terms of development. I simply don’t find it that hard, but then again I have a lot of passion for the character. Rosenberg stated his top faves are pretty much all white - Cyclops, Polaris, Magik....

I find that there writing style is more than apparent who will job, be ineffective, be incompetent, be indecisive, etc at the cost of that characters growth for their fave to shine. They may argue that Storm is present, she has lines, she’s leading blah blah blah....but they way they’ve handle her thus far makes it clear they will sacrifice the token characters of color to elevate their faves.
    Agreed. Storm has suffered from tokenism for long enough on the X-side of things. She needs a creative team dedicated to her character development and growth.