Page 179 of 192 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2875

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    have you ever read the older uncanny stories starting with when she joined the xmen, lost her powers, fought cyclops for leadership for the xmen and won, led the the xmen team powerless, regained her powers and then "died" where the xmen lived in the outback? of you have then you should know exactly why I characterized hudlin as way off the mark.
    No, but that is why Im asking. I cant say Coates does her dialogue or mannerisms any different than Hudlin

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    No, but that is why Im asking. I cant say Coates does her dialogue or mannerisms any different than Hudlin
    first I would highly recommend you go and read those stories. those are essential reading to understand why some storm fans are as passionate as they are. in reference to hudlin characterized her there were instances where she seemed very much as a weak woman (almost childlike) who has no sense of self, pushover and at others completely unrecognizable:

It was also through Hudlins black panther office her and tchalla origins were retconned making her this damsel in distress. Coates admittedly could do a bit better but I never recall reading of his works of her being taken aback as I was with some of these scans. There were some good things he did (which I mentioned previously) but it doesnt mean the bad that he did should be ignored.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-11-2018 at 05:37 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Then you should hope Coates never gets the solo for her. With the way he writes main characters, these moments are almost assured. lol

Then you should hope Coates never gets the solo for her. With the way he writes main characters, these moments are almost assured. lol
    naw... coated hasnt shown any indication he would write ororo as such. he has given her voice that has been missing for far too long at within the xbooks.

question, have you read all of hudlin runs? you had no issue with how ororo was written during that period ? do those scans mirror anything Coates has written of her to you? curious cause you said you didn't see a difference between hudlin and coates' characterization of ororo.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-11-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

naw... coated hasnt shown any indication he would write ororo as such. he has given her voice that has been missing for far too long at within the xbooks.

question, have you read all of hudlin runs? you had no issue with how ororo was written during that period ? do those scans mirror anything Coates has written of her to you?
    Its the corner stone of my collection. lol

I cant do scans now, but I remember her being the desert goddess, helping women escape attackers and creating artificial lakes. Charles X. saying she was going to be most important mutant on the planet. Handling a press conference on a DC visit like a pro. Stood up to Bast during the beginning of the FF run. Had a cool confrontation with Clone Thor. Was a wise and loving mother in "Black to the Future". Stood up to a Death God.

I cant do scans now, but I remember her being the desert goddess, helping women escape attackers and creating artificial lakes. Charles X. saying she was going to be most important mutant on the planet. Handling a press conference on a DC visit like a pro. Stood up to Bast during the beginning of the FF run. Had a cool confrontation with Clone Thor. Was a wise and loving mother in "Black to the Future". Stood up to a Death God.
    yes the desert goddess was also the issue where I posted of her acting like a child and the issue that perpetuated the retcon of their origins. Handling a press conference is nice and Charles x said she was going to be the most important mutant on the planet but how did hudlin show her importance? and beyond that did he appropriately or accurately capture her voice? how do these moments demonstrate this taking into account a great effort was shown to reestablish their origins so that the idea of him being the biggest, baddest alpha Male wasnt subverted in any way?

I actually thought this was impressive, very impressive actually but when a good part of ororo history was rewritten to prop tchalla up it doesnt make these gross inaccuracies acceptable because of how impressive they are. well at least to me.

to clor that issue was horrible that was the one she cowered behind Sue's force field and also was acting like a high school cheerleader over Hercules coming to her rescue. it wasnt really well executed.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-11-2018 at 06:28 PM.

yes the desert goddess was also the issue where I posted of her acting like a child and the issue that perpetuated the retcon of their origins. Handling a press conference is nice and Charles x said she was going to be the most important mutant on the planet but how did hudlin show her importance? and beyond that did he appropriately or accurately capture her voice? how do these moments demonstrate this taking into account a great effort was shown to reestablish their origins so that the idea of him being the biggest, baddest alpha Male wasnt subverted in any way?

to clor that issue was horrible that was the one she cowered behind Sue's force field and also was acting like a high school cheerleader over Hercules coming to her rescue. it wasnt really well executed.
    Part of desert goddess stuff im talking about is from the Wild Kingdom arc. I think your scan is from The Bride.

I would say mutant importance is up to the X side. Just like the goddess thing with Coates he gave them the setup. But he did follow up with the annual from earlier this year.

I don't know what capturing a voice is. For me the character is either cool or not. I can say Priest, Hudlin, and Coates panthers' are different, but I like two out of the three.

Wasn't the origin story written by somebody else?

Part of desert goddess stuff im talking about is from the Wild Kingdom arc. I think your scan is from The Bride.

I would say mutant importance is up to the X side. Just like the goddess thing with Coates he gave them the setup. But he did follow up with the annual from earlier this year.

I don't know what capturing a voice is. For me the character is either cool or not. I can say Priest, Hudlin, and Coates panthers' are different, but I like two out of the three.

oh you are right that is where my scans are from. let me see if I can come across that issue.

it's true that the mutant stuff is more important the xside but there was apparently a restriction on ororo being used in the xoffices while hudlin had her, which is why Claremont wasnt allowed to use her during the period around and after her marriage. therefore, it was up to hudlin to make this statement come to fruition. tchalla and ororo were supposed to be the most important human and mutant in earth but aside from the super powered registration we never saw this ideal fully realized l

capturing storms voice properly is not any of the scans I posted of hudlin and definitely not her crying and whining to tchalla for "leaving her as a child" which by the way did not happen originally. capturing her voice is showing her being fearless, not willing to back down even when all odds are stacked against her:

hudlin didnt do really do this if it meant upstaging tchalla and if it did happen you had a reaction akin to what we got when she saved him from doom. instead of checkin him he simply continued his rant. frankly I dont that characterization was good for tchalla as well.

and yes you are right Claremont wrote their original origin story

You beat me to it
    They tend to over look all the amazing things that came along with it.
    While then and now the xoffice still seems to be at a lost as what to do with her.
    Hopefully with production on MCU X-Men. Maybe there'll be opportunity to do some real ground work in the future soon.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 12-11-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Is there no Man/Women up to the task other than Clearmont to deliver a proper Ororo Munroe/Storm!?
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 12-11-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    You beat me to it
    They tend to over look all the amazing things that came along with it.
    While then and now the xoffice still seems to be at a lost as what to do with her.
    Hopefully with production on MCU X-Men. Maybe there'll be opportunity to do some real ground work in future soon.
    how can a person over look something when it was acknowledged that hudlin did have some good moments? in fact I was the one who mentioned it was he who made her a potential omega level mutant and he looked to elevate her status. I think his execution was not the best.

Is there no Man/Women up to the task other than clearmont to deliver a proper Ororo Munroe/Storm!?
    a proper storm is debatable but storm has had good storm writers. rider made a nice list that included them.

oh I read issues 8 and 9 of black panther and that was cool but her representation wasnt shoen in a way to chump tchalla. they were most definitely shown going toe to toe especially with the discussion of other lovers they may had. however these stories dont exist in a vacuum. thereafter in issue 18 it had been established their origins was retconned.

how can a person over look something when it was acknowledged that hudlin did have some good moments? in fact I was the one who mentioned it was he who made her a potential omega level mutant and he looked to elevate her status. I think his execution was not the best.

a proper storm is debatable but storm has had good storm writers. rider made a nice list that included them.
    My post wasn't a response to yours,
    But I guess I can see where I should have written People instead of "They"

I saw the list. I'm glad the writers displayed a portion for rider to enjoy.
    But as right now , for me at least ,the mantle sit empty and quiet dusty of any writers who brought me The Storm.

My post wasn't a response to yours,
    But I guess I can see where I should have written People instead of "They"

I saw the list. I'm glad the writers displayed a portion for rider to enjoy.
    But as right now , for me at least ,the mantle sit empty and quiet dusty of any writers who brought me The Storm.
    mi bad lol.

who do you think were the best storm writers? and why would you rate them as such.

Storm appeared in Xmen Red, Uncanny, and Mr. and Mrs. X but didn't do anything noteworthy. So if you are wanting your Storm fix this week aint going to do anything for you.