Page 182 of 192 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2875
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    Ain’t nothing wrong with sista putting on a lil makeup you just would like her to show up to the parade with no lipstick no eyeliner lookin dusty and crusty oh HELL no my sis need to be SLAYED to the gods
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    SEE!!! LOL Storm does not approve of this Foolishness. Claremont says so....

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Thanks for posting it Kyss. It actually does look good. I like the big sis + little sis interaction between Storm and Kitty <3. I might check this one out. This is a mini series, right?
    you're welcome and yes boo it's a mini!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I like the Preview, and I like this Storm moment. This Mother to Daughter Convo

I don't like Storm putting make up on. Not needed she's beyond such foolishness.
    Kitty has her own parents and Ororo Ain't one of them lol:

It isn’t even that serious you need a chill pill
    Ain’t nothing wrong with sista putting on a lil makeup you just would like her to show up to the parade with no lipstick no eyeliner lookin dusty and crusty oh HELL no my sis need to be SLAYED to the gods
    I love you so much!!!! lolol

she was fine by the end of the night:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Didn't say she doesn't like to dance. I just think of Ororo as a natural beauty who doesn't need or like makeup. Maybe when she goes out with Yukio, but definitely not on the regular.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Didn't say she doesn't like to dance. I just think of Ororo as a natural beauty who doesn't need or like makeup. Maybe when she goes out with Yukio, but definitely not on the regular.
    When she put on the makeup and protested, she eventually relented and had a good time. That was the point of the scan. Look at her, she is beaming from ear to ear.

But I agree to her being a natural beauty. the goddess turns heads and didnt need an ounce of makeup.

Why do you need to "makeup" what's already perfect? lol that said I dont mind her being feminine and playing with makeup hear and there.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-14-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    When she put on the makeup and protested, she eventually relented and had a good time. That was the point of the scan. Look at her, she is beaming from ear to ear.

But I agree to her being a natural beauty. the goddess turns heads and didnt need an ounce of makeup

I don't think the makeup had anything to do with her having a good time dancing with the shirtless hunk.

I don't think the makeup had anything to do with her having a good time dancing with the shirtless hunk.
    I see ur point. I just think if there were any insecurities or issues with the makeup she wouldnt not have "played" as she was told to do when she put on the makeup and then again when she was dancing and having a good time with the chippendales dancer. it all was to show her not taking herself so seriously and letting her hair down.

I have read "Girls Night Out". She allowed the others a night out on the town because they were not used to a life of seclusion as she was from her years spent as a goddess. She's not 'insecure' with the makeup, it's just not something she relies on to feel beautiful, as others do. She also got her hair done that issue, but both the hair and makeup were incidental. She was spending time with her teammates 'off the clock' so to speak. It is well known that Ororo loves to dance.

I have read "Girls Night Out". She allowed the others a night out on the town because they were not used to a life of seclusion as she was from her years spent as a goddess. She's not 'insecure' with the makeup, it's just not something she relies on to feel beautiful, as others do. She also got her hair done that issue, but both the hair and makeup were incidental. She was spending time with her teammates 'off the clock' so to speak. It is well known that Ororo loves to dance.
    Insecurities was perhaps the wrong word but her not wanting to wear the makeup, at least when I read it, seem to be more of her being uptight (and not because she didnt want to wear it for not wanting to feel beautiful). remember jubilee comments on how beautiful they all were before they got their makeovers. as you mentioned she didnt want to do the makeup or get her hair done, but betsy tells her to stop being so serious, this is play, it showing her letting her guards down and just having fun. I know that she has danced here and there but wasnt aware it was something Claremont established in the older issues.

BANNED

you're welcome and yes boo it's a mini!!

Kitty has her own parents and Ororo Ain't one of them lol:

I love you so much!!!! lolol

she was fine by the end of the night:

What in the Tom Foolery Scans are you posting??? This has nothing to do with her not liking Make Up.
    Also, Just because she was dancing at the end of the night doesn't magically make her feel any different about Make Up. When's the last time you seen Storm get ready to go out and she puts make up on???
    As Claramont established Storm said their is no need for it. Just like she felt no need to cover up her skin. LOL Such Foolishness is beneath her.

And even if Storm doesn't see herself as Kitty's Mother. That type of relationship seems to still exits.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 12-14-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Your scan has nothing to do with her not liking making LOL
    if you read girls night out, ororo initially resists the girls who want her to get a makeover (hair done and makeup). betsy protests and tells her to stop being so serious and play. by the end of the night, she seems to accepts betsy advice when she tells her remember to play, where she then relents and starts enjoying herself. it's an indication she finally is letting her hair down and is not being a stick in a mud (which includes accepting the makeover). her not liking the makeup and haircut is about being serious and not the makeup in itself

BANNED

if you read girls night out, ororo initially resists the girls who want her to get a makeover (hair done and makeup). betsy protests and tells her to stop being so serious and play. by the end of the night, she seems to accepts betsy advice when she tells her remember to play, where she then relents and starts enjoying herself. it's an indication she finally is letting her hair down and is not being a stick in a mud (which includes accepting the makeover). her not liking the makeup and haircut is about being serious and not the makeup in itself
    Again, that has nothing to do with her not liking Make Up......
    You don't see Storm going out every other night and she has to put make up on. That scan only shows that Storm can have "Fun" not that she likes to Put Make Up on like today's Iceman Preview believes.

Total Difference....

I know that she has danced here and there but wasnt aware it was something Claremont established in the older issues.
    Ororo was dancing with Kurt before her full origin was even shown. She was also shown admiring the ballet with Stevie in the prelude to that RogueStorm story.

Again, that has nothing to do with her not liking Make Up......
    You don't see Storm going out every other night and she has to put make up on. That scan only shows that Storm can have "Fun" not that she likes to Put Make Up on like today's Iceman Preview believes.

Total Difference....
    I dont get your point. the issue showed her not wanting a haircut or putting on makeup or dancing. so are you concluding she doesnt like dancing and getting her haircut?

Ororo was dancing with Kurt before her full origin was even shown. She was also shown admiring the ballet with Stevie in the prelude to that RogueStorm story.
    yes. I recall those issues but I dont think this equates to her loving to dance. from canon I think you can say she loves her plants, loves nature, loves a shower in the rain while naked but from the earlier stories I think saying she loved to dance is a bit stretch.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-14-2018 at 01:44 PM.

I'm loving this iceman preview.

ororo putting mascara I'm here for it:

Why is Storm holding the mascara wand with her left hand, but is holding it in her right hand in her reflection? Am I going crazy?

ETA: Nevermind. I am. Perspective threw me off.
    Last edited by Jalysia; 12-14-2018 at 01:41 PM.