Page 27 of 192 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't equate anything as it pertains to you. My post was entirely offering my perspective and opinion, and you seem to miss the point where I said...Riri is not a character I am interested in reading at all...to add...no matter the writer. She may very well be a good writer, in your opinion, but that does not necessarily mean I will enjoy her work as much as you do or, for that matter, at all. There are a lot of "acclaimed" writers (both in comics and general literature) whose works I will not touch. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I will give her a look-see.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-20-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    > Eve Ewing is a great writer
    > no comic book creds

Yeah. I'll wait and see. I'm hella paranoid since Tamaki ruined She-Hulk.
    And Chokes (Coates) ruined Black Panther

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And Chokes (Coates) ruined Black Panther
    But he's the best writer of Storm in the last 5-10 years with Pak and Yost (World's Apart writer) being the only possible exceptions.

Sometimes a writer is better suited for certain characters. According to BP fans, Coates supposedly sucks at writing T'challa--yet, according to some fan reactions, he's been decent to excellent toward Ororo and Steve Rogers--which makes me think they're more his wheelhouses.

Now, things can change in the future, but still.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    So Eve Ewing a Black Female writer is writing Ironheart Riri Williams solo book. Storm fans.. we have to buy this book. For whatever reason the X office is so slow to let Men and Women of color write for them. If this book is a success maybe we finally have a Black woman write Storm's solo book. Coates is ok but a Black woman needs to write her solo.
    I'm not really a fan of Riri but I understand your point. How has the Riri book been? Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I noticed Gold was not on the list. Was that intentional? I hope so, LOL!

At this point, I don't care about the race or gender of the person who writes Storm's book. I just want the best person for the job who understands her powerset and power level, her history and the significance of her ancestral background, and who can deliver high action stories that pits Storm against high-end powered bad guys and have her kicking butt and taking names. For all we know Eve Ewing may prove to be a black female version of Eric Jerome Dickey if she writes Storm's solo title. Let Coates or Alan Davis write the book; or better yet, let Coates be the writer, Coates and Davis be the co-plotters, and Davis be the artist.
    I'm sorry but what's a Gold?

and O. M. G. Jerome Dickey was the absolute worst trash of a writer that has ever existed as it pertains to Ororo. I was just amazed at how poorly written it was. I am so happy it was retconned back to the original story as of the Xmen Annual 1 when she returned to Kenya to fight the Inhuman elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    But he's the best writer of Storm in the last 5-10 years with Pak and Yost (World's Apart writer) being the only possible exceptions.
    Coates is a fine writer and has done an exceptional job of writing Tchall, Ororo, and now Steve. People just find things to complain about because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Sometimes a writer is better suited for certain characters. According to BP fans, Coates supposedly sucks at writing T'challa--yet, according to some fan reactions, he's been decent to excellent toward Ororo and Steve Rogers--which makes me think they're more his wheelhouses.

Now, things can change in the future, but still.
    The thing is though is that you can't please everyone. I happen to think Coates has done a fantastic job of writing T'challa, and there are others who like his work as well. I am sure there are some fans who don't like how Coates writes Ororo either. Bottom line is even the best writer will have someone who things he/she is trash.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Omega level mutants who need to be controlled according to cbr and guess who made the list?

https://www.cbr.com/excessive-forces...olled-or-else/

another interesting observation is that ororo is the only black character on it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

storn fans if you havent please vote for the all-goddess here.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation/page43

16. Storm

Ororo Munroe aka Storm, has been called a lot of things: Queen, Goddess, Weather Witch, Windrider. The one thing she ordinarily isn’t called is Omega, which is why her presence on this list may surprise you. Writers in the past have said that she has the potential to be an Omega Mutant, but hasn’t reached the threshold yet. However, we’re pretty sure she has.

Storm is able to control the weather in all of its forms. Among her many powers, her ability to manipulate lightning is perhaps her strongest. Since Marvel introduced her in 1975, her abilities have only grown. Powerful to begin with, Storm is an incredible force of nature that surely deserves the title of “Omega”.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-20-2018 at 01:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Omega level mutants who need to be controlled according to cbr and guess who made the list?

https://www.cbr.com/excessive-forces...olled-or-else/

another interesting observation is that ororo is the only black character on it.
    storn fans if you havent please vote for the all-goddess here.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation/page43

16. Storm

Ororo Munroe aka Storm, has been called a lot of things: Queen, Goddess, Weather Witch, Windrider. The one thing she ordinarily isn’t called is Omega, which is why her presence on this list may surprise you. Writers in the past have said that she has the potential to be an Omega Mutant, but hasn’t reached the threshold yet. However, we’re pretty sure she has.

Storm is able to control the weather in all of its forms. Among her many powers, her ability to manipulate lightning is perhaps her strongest. Since Marvel introduced her in 1975, her abilities have only grown. Powerful to begin with, Storm is an incredible force of nature that surely deserves the title of “Omega”.
    Eh, no secret or surprise Comic Sites consider Storm an Omega Level Mutant. Since debut she has already shown she is more than just a powerful mutant.

(IMO) I don't think Storm is even a mutant anymore given that she is a Goddess now. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Eh, no secret or surprise Comic Sites consider Storm an Omega Level Mutant. Since debut she has already shown she is more than just a powerful mutant.

(IMO) I don't think Storm is even a mutant anymore given that she is a Goddess now. But that's just me.
    yes when she came one the scene in giant size she was shown as uber powerful. when did that shift? from what I can recall it was when the 90s came along.

and I think she is still a mutant just ascselene is a mutant and goddess. her being a goddess doesnt ersse her genetic makeup.

goddess I hope they many the xoffices dont try to put ororo back with him.

BANNED

yes when she came one the scene in giant size she was shown as uber powerful. when did that shift? from what I can recall it was when the 90s came along.

and I think she is still a mutant just ascselene is a mutant and goddess. her being a goddess doesnt ersse her genetic makeup.
    I think the shift is when she lost powers and became a bit more grounded as well as leading the team. Notice when she wasn’t leading she was the X-Men’s only powerhouse(during that time I’d should say) She did her Galatic core feat, manipulate cosmic weather all REALLY early since she’s been on the team. Either way as we both agree early in her debut she was already doing Phoenix Force and Galactus things. Taking energy from stars and using cosmic winds(energy) to fly and attack makes already OP.

Well I don’t see a cause for her to be a mutant anymore due to this Goddess Form she has. I personally don’t think it’s needed anymore.

BANNED

goddess I hope they many the xoffices dont try to put ororo back with him.
    NO NO WELCOME BACK.

Stay Away from us you low down dirty EXCUSE OF A MAN!!!!!!!

Edit 100 dollars I bet Logan and Storm are going to have a Secret fling while he bangs Jean Grey!!!!!

NO NO WELCOME BACK.

Stay Away from us you low down dirty EXCUSE OF A MAN!!!!!!!

Edit 100 dollars I bet Logan and Storm are going to have a Secret fling while he bangs Jean Grey!!!!!
    ugh.. I sincerely hope not.

I'm thinking Logan will be so far up jeans a$$ he wont hsve any care ororo romantically.

BANNED

ugh.. I sincerely hope not.

I'm thinking Logan will be so far up jeans a$$ he wont hsve any care ororo romantically.
    We shall see. Logan is very good at juggling women.

I think the shift is when she lost powers and became a bit more grounded as well as leading the team. Notice when she wasn’t leading she was the X-Men’s only powerhouse(during that time I’d should say) She did her Galatic core feat, manipulate cosmic weather all REALLY early since she’s been on the team. Either way as we both agree early in her debut she was already doing Phoenix Force and Galactus things. Taking energy from stars and using cosmic winds(energy) to fly and attack makes already OP.

Well I don’t see a cause for her to be a mutant anymore due to this Goddess Form she has. I personally don’t think it’s needed anymore.
    yea I was attempting to think of some big fears she had after regaining her power but none come to mind. I guess you are right all of her insane feats were shown before "losing" her powers.

I again think that most of the time she should access to her regular power when deals with most threats. she would only need to go goddess when she fights super powerful threats like silver surfer.