Page 34 of 192 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so did anyone enjoy seeing storm in any of the four books she was in? I came across one review of gold that had a positive review.

I must say I would hate for her to be killed but seeing how under utilized she is I dont think I would care if she was to die in dissembled. I would completely be done with marvel but I wouldnt care lol.
    I liked the Storm part in Gold. Mostly because of the villain. I breezed through the Kitty part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I have a question. In X-MEN THE END, there was a clone of Storm named Shaitan created by Mr. Sinister. Does she exist in the 616 currently? If so, what was her last appearance? Sometimes I feel that the only villain that could stand up against the power of Ororo is a someone that is her equal in terms of power.
    Are you referring to the Clone that fought the X-men??? and got slashed across the face by Kitty????

While I do think it's way past due that Storm get's the focus in the X-books, we shouldn't be upset that Red is Jean centered. She's been gone for 13 years and she deserves to be at the center.
    You may be right, but that doesn't mean you have to make the rest of your Teammates Obsolete and useless LOL.

While I do think it's way past due that Storm get's the focus in the X-books, we shouldn't be upset that Red is Jean centered. She's been gone for 13 years and she deserves to be at the center.

I have a question. In X-MEN THE END, there was a clone of Storm named Shaitan created by Mr. Sinister. Does she exist in the 616 currently? If so, what was her last appearance? Sometimes I feel that the only villain that could stand up against the power of Ororo is a someone that is her equal in terms of power.
    Shaitan was an alien first introduced during X-Treme X-men... He is altered to look like Ororo by his leader, Khan in order to kill the rescue team of X-Men that came to Storm's aide when she was taken by Khan.
    Supposedly killed by Vargas, then shows up in The End as a Marauder.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Thank you! I had not read all of the XTreme Comics so I didn't know that. I assumed Shaitan was a sinister clone.

No problem! Happy to help
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I liked the Storm part in Gold. Mostly because of the villain. I breezed through the Kitty part.
    the villain was actually cool. I would have loved to see Coates' Ororo go against him. But seeing as we have this inert version all of it was a pass for me lol.

I don't think anyone is upset Jean is getting focus but it shouldn't be at the expense of other characters. That is why many have been put off by the Gold book, because other characters where slighted to show how awesome Kitty is.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    In terms of plot and story telling issues 33 & 34 of Gold Are not that bad as I initially thought. The writing is tolerable at least to me . But my favorite part and a good showing is when she tanked a solid punch from this "God of Evil" Uovu and then hit him with lighting that brought him to his knees. Gugg is still a terrible writer for Storm tho.

Red was....HUH??? It was pretty boring Storm just zapped Teen Abomination to get rid of chip in his brain. Jean was still boring in that book and she barely did anything, but hold up a falling building underwater and just talk to the people of earth. That book is VERY slow and boring.

Avengers: Wakanda Forever was not really good the plot is fine, but the writing in that was pretty bad. Storm in power set was cool we got a nice lightning feat to harm She-Hulk lol. Other than that didn't like it.

And Hunt for Wolverine Mandripoor Storm wasn't really needed it, but she and Magneto were just added bodies
    I agree with you assessment on all the books with the exception of Gold (that was trash to me). Everything else you said was spot on, especially about MiM and Red.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

thank the goddess to the "to be concluded" part.
    Can I ask a stupid question?

Has Storm lost her hand to hand combat skills or did Alice from the Resident Evil movie make my expectations too high on how to deal with a horde of undead?

Ultimate Member

Folks are buying a team book. Not a showcase of one person at the expense of others. A gripe Hal Jordan & TGLC book at Dc was criticized for and suffered in sales (both floppies and trades).

She has been gone for 13 years. To ME that would be an interesting 12 part mini to see how she reclaims those lost years.

Get the best of both words-a Jean as a solo person and Jean as a team player.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post

Has Storm lost her hand to hand combat skills or did Alice from the Resident Evil movie make my expectations too high on how to deal with a horde of undead?
    lololol I'm dead. this book is trash and the storm featured in it does not exist. as I've told others it would be best to just ignore it all.

I loved resident evil btw but completely disappointed in the last one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Folks are buying a team book. Not a showcase of one person at the expense of others. A gripe Hal Jordan & TGLC book at Dc was criticized for and suffered in sales (both floppies and trades).

She has been gone for 13 years. To ME that would be an interesting 12 part mini to see how she reclaims those lost years.

Get the best of both words-a Jean as a solo person and Jean as a team player.
    thank you thank you and than you again. I dont get what's so hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post

Lol I was thinking the same thing but it made sense why she didn’t/would be hesitant to hurt the villagers who didn’t avert their faith into Uovu (and then were killed for it).

In terms of plot and story telling issues 33 & 34 of Gold Are not that bad as I initially thought. The writing is tolerable at least to me . But my favorite part and a good showing is when she tanked a solid punch from this "God of Evil" Uovu and then hit him with lighting that brought him to his knees. Gugg is still a terrible writer for Storm tho.

Red was....HUH??? It was pretty boring Storm just zapped Teen Abomination to get rid of chip in his brain. Jean was still boring in that book and she barely did anything, but hold up a falling building underwater and just talk to the people of earth. That book is VERY slow and boring.

Avengers: Wakanda Forever was not really good the plot is fine, but the writing in that was pretty bad. Storm in power set was cool we got a nice lightning feat to harm She-Hulk lol. Other than that didn't like it.

And Hunt for Wolverine Mandripoor Storm wasn't really needed it, but she and Magneto were just added bodies
    Agreed. Plus, while Gold is over all garbage (Storm’s level of dependence on Stormcaster resulted in the book going back on the shelf), I like use use of sensing the underground room and tanking that hit from Uovu. MiM was cool as a Betsy story (my 2nd fave) but I hope Zub is off X-books that includes Storm and Rogue. The PIS jobbing was too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol I was thinking the same thing but it made sense why she didn’t/would be hesitant to hurt the villagers who didn’t avert their faith into Uovu (and then were killed for it).

Agreed. Plus, while Gold is over all garbage (Storm’s level of dependence on Stormcaster resulted in the book going back on the shelf), I like use use of sensing the underground room and tanking that hit from Uovu. MiM was cool as a Betsy story (my 2nd fave) but I hope Zub is off X-books that includes Storm and Rogue. The PIS jobbing was too much.
    she simply could have flown in the sky though if she didnt want to do that. I will never ever give guggs an inch of credit for these incoherent stories lolol

who is zub? ru have the original betsy is back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

Yeah, I agree. However, in terms of the Hammer it’s really a missed opportunity. He could have done some cool interesting things. As for the other books Storm did OK. It’s just the writing in these Stories are either TERRIBLE, Tolreable or down right disappointing. I rank Avengers: Wankanda Forever at the Bottom of the totem poll. That Book was VERY BAD. If that writer is writing for Shuri dear god I am NOT touching that book then. Smooth pass for me

Yeah, I agree. However, in terms of the Hammer it’s really a missed opportunity. He could have done some cool interesting things. As for the other books Storm did OK. It’s just the writing in these Stories are either TERRIBLE, Tolreable or down right disappointing. I rank Avengers: Wankanda Forever at the Bottom of the totem poll. That Book was VERY BAD. If that writer is writing for Shuri dear god I am NOT touching that book then. Smooth pass for me
    she is doing shuri and thats the sad part. I completely agree wakanda forever was poorly written all around. there were some nice parts but not enough for it to have me excited for shuri's new book.

as much as I hate the hammer if guggs was gone bring it back it would have been cool to see stuff she would normally do without it. oh well it's gone now.. hopefully for good

she simply could have flown in the sky though if she didnt want to do that. I will never ever give guggs an inch of credit for these incoherent stories lolol

who is zub? ru have the original betsy is back?
    Agreed lol. And I should know better too!

Zub is the Mystery in Madripoor writer. He should be banned from using Storm & Rogue. With Betsy as long as she retains her master ninja skills, telepathy and edginess I am cool with her going back to her original British loveliness.

I haven’t fully read it yet but my initial perusal did give me a kind of meh sense. I liked the previous issue so I’ll keep my mind open until I read it. Red I didn’t buy either. I like the art though. X-books have been a snooze fest for so long. I don’t feel The writer’s passion like I used to, and most of these new x-writers are too green/bland/untested to allow them the prestige of X-Men.