Page 37 of 192 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly

Kelly also tweeted that storm would be leading a team. did you guys miss that?
    And Kelly also tweeted responding to a fan saying you can have a significant role(mentioned Storm and a few others) and not be Team Leader. So,

I’ll wait to we see the teams. Just saying Storm, Jean, Armor are “Technical Leaders” after that comment she made about having a significant role and may not be a leader, sounds sketchy and unsure. Until then not buying it.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-27-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Niffleheim

The team leader is in quotes for crying out loud lol! I wonder what is being emphasized here - that it will be a "team", or there will be a leader lol! but it wont be Storm or that there is no such term as "team leader" in the X-Books anymore.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-27-2018 at 12:40 AM.

I am choosing optimism. I am in the camp that we will see 3 teams with Storm leading the Uncanny group.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I am choosing optimism. I am in the camp that we will see 3 teams with Storm leading the Uncanny group.
    Me too. I'm more worried about who gonna writer the book.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Its most likely that Jean is the overall leader of this event. She'll delegate down to Storm and Armor. Storm will be field leader of a squad of veteran X-men and Armor will lead the younger mutants

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    And Kelly also tweeted responding to a fan saying you can have a significant role(mentioned Storm and a few others) and not be Team Leader. So,

I’ll wait to we see the teams. Just saying Storm, Jean, Armor are “Technical Leaders” after that comment she made about having a significant role and may not be a leader, sounds sketchy and unsure. Until then not buying it.
    I mean that's totally fair. it's not like the xoffices have done anything to respect this character post avx so I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its most likely that Jean is the overall leader of this event. She'll delegate down to Storm and Armor. Storm will be field leader of a squad of veteran X-men and Armor will lead the younger mutants
    I prefer jean leading her own team (blue team) with ororo leading her own (gold) with armor leading a younger team under either of the former leadership and guidance.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Hmm... a team of kids for Ororo to mentor? I mean, to be honest I like the Claremont ideology of Storm being a warrior before a teacher, but if she HAD to have a team of kids, maybe something like:

Gentle
    Loa
    Oya

... honestly I think that's it off the top of my head.
    I so agree with the first part of this. I loved Claremonts characterization of her in the 80s in her punk/depowered phase when she was unafraid to kill when necessary and did what she felt was best for her even when others didnt understand. She went through a serious regression in the 90s when Lobdell wrote her as being against violence at all costs. it was nauseating. to see a return of claremonts development of her would be most refreshing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I so agree with the first part of this. I loved Claremonts characterization of her in the 80s in her punk/depowered phase when she was unafraid to kill when necessary and did what she felt was best for her even when others didnt understand. She went through a serious regression in the 90s when Lobdell wrote her as being against violence at all costs. it was nauseating. to see a return of claremonts development of her would be most refreshing.
    Someone could twist and interpret it to write something about Storm and Jean, about women with a high capacity to be violent and ability to exact that violence, but try so hard to he Pacifists

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If that were the case. the book would have to be bad ass and do better than Cable and the New Mutants .
    I would hate the premise but like i said if there willing to go there they need to take the "kids" gloves off a treat them like full fledge Xmen. none of this mentor Stuff. BUT more of "it come with the uniform" Stuff

Line up Storm Amor Rockslide Anole Hellion Pixie (Quieten or Cookoos)
    Adult ADD on
    Thunder Bird&Frenzy ( cause i want THEM in something)
    Bishop
    Sage
    Daken

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Someone could twist and interpret it to write something about Storm and Jean, about women with a high capacity to be violent and ability to exact that violence, but try so hard to he Pacifists
    I dont necessarily see jean being like that.before dark Phoenix she never became disenchanted with Xavier and his vision for the xmen purpose as ororo did. so I'm not quite sure how that would read to jeans fans.

I prefer jean leading her own team (blue team) with ororo leading her own (gold) with armor leading a younger team under either of the former leadership and guidance.
    This is where I am at. I think Storm is teady to fly solo or pursue her version of Xavoer’s dream her way and shluld lead her own team or full faction of mutants. Aside from Cyclops she is the most seasoned figure as a leader. I don’t mind her taking a break from the role and feeling comfortable and confident in her x-family vets to take the reigns, but not really a fam of her following them when she has been more battle-tested, developed & accomplished in leadership roles. And I think Jean and Storm, while more peacful at their core (but I don’t think Storm is a pacifist at all) they can be presented with different enough styles that their pursuit of the dream can be handled differently and in ways very unique to them.

I also think Armor is ready and could ise some more development. I never liked that she is somehow powered by her “ancestors” lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    This is where I am at. I think Storm is teady to fly solo or pursue her version of Xavoer’s dream her way and shluld lead her own team or full faction of mutants. Aside from Cyclops she is the most seasoned figure as a leader. I don’t mind her taking a break from the role and feeling comfortable and confident in her x-family vets to take the reigns, but not really a fam of her following them when she has been more battle-tested, developed & accomplished in leadership roles. And I think Jean and Storm, while more peacful at their core (but I don’t think Storm is a pacifist at all) they can be presented with different enough styles that their pursuit of the dream can be handled differently and in ways very unique to them.

I also think Armor is ready and could ise some more development. I never liked that she is somehow powered by her “ancestors” lol.
    She's done it before and I agree it's time for her to do it again. The purpose of the X-Treme X-Men book was Storm with her team off doing their own thing. She broke away from Xavier's and found the Destiny's diaries. After that was done, she didn't come back to the mansion. Jean even pouted about the fact that Storm wanted to remain separate from the team.

I really would love for her version of X.S.E. to be picked back up and explored.

Spectacular Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnBvEd-g...=nomoremutants

I'd like to see this as a new cartoon series

I can't stand how many artists make T'Challa so much bigger than Ororo. He's 6', she's 5'11" and often wears heels. He should be more muscular than her, but not like, gigantic.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!