Page 5 of 192 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Jean is the supposed answer, but when you consider a lot of those old Claremont stories with them was actually a Phoenix-clone, it doesn't quite register. Psylocke has been a good friend for her over the years, both old school Brit Betsy, and then modern X-Force Betsy. Kitty, Kurt, and Piotr are old school, sure, but they are more like her little siblings. I actually think Logan is really her best friend. It took some time for them to gel in the old days, but once they did, they've been ride-or-die. Sure, it became romantic right there before he died, but really, they are best friends.
    Jean and Storm were on the same team in the 90s for years, much longer than Storm and Phoenix were on the same team. Though it’s also established Jean has all the memories of the original Phoenix a dnut was a part of her or she was a part of it.

Please don’t try to delete continuity to prove a point. Storm and Jean worked together for many more years than Storm worked with any variation of Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Jean and Storm were on the same team in the 90s for years, much longer than Storm and Phoenix were on the same team. Though it’s also established Jean has all the memories of the original Phoenix a dnut was a part of her or she was a part of it.

Please don’t try to delete continuity to prove a point. Storm and Jean worked together for many more years than Storm worked with any variation of Psylocke.
    Name some quality bonding moments in the 90's Gold team. Jean and Storm barely spent time together then. Jean was all about Scott during that time, and Storm had most of her storylines with Forge, Bishop, and then Cable. Their deepest bonding happened in a Classic X-Men back up story, and then in X-Treme X-Men a million years later. Psylocke was her number 2(behind Logan) from the Mutant Massacre all the way to the Siege Perilous, and then they formed that X-Force team together. Jean as her 'best friend' is mostly an idea, not held up by canon.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

RCO021 (4).jpg

She did what she had to do.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I think its funny that Storm's best friends and frenemy are telepaths.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I think Storm would need to leave the X-Men. With Jean Grey back they can handle themselves. But IF the X-Office insist have Storm go Full Goddess when the issue needs for it. If they are fighting Apocalypse, or Dr. Doom or a Celestial, or something Storm goes Goddess. She can still be used just balance it in a way that Storm isn't always in her God mode. That way she doesn't overshadow the rest of the X-Men. And if you think about it Storm already overshadows the X-Men due to the power she has. Majority of the X-men's Villains could have been solved by Storm.

I didn't say she was on par with the Phoenix. I said she is one of the most powerful mutants up there. Callisto didn't give Storm or anyone else a power read, so I wouldn't even believe anything she says considering the fact she didn't even read Pro.X. The Phoenix was beaten by getting stabbed in the gut that was easy.
    1. in regards to her god mode, I really see it how super saiyans operate. they tap into their upper level of energy only when the threats the fight require them to. I dont see why ororo couldnt behave similarly.

2. In regards to your comparison I could have sworn you said storm was just as powerful as magneto and Phoenix. That said, it's safe to assume callisto would have felt ororos power because she was helping him gather enough strong mutants to begin his revolution. so when she mentioned that Phoenix was stronger than him it is most probable this would have been taking all the mutants, including the xmen, in the span of sensing jean developing Phoenix power. also jean lack of durability doesnt take away from the fact she was immensely powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Well, Storm likes to work with self-imposed limits. All we have to do is stay true to her character. I would say that when she works within a team setting, she forces herself to work within greater limits as she sees the other members of the lineup able to pick up the slack, thus diminishing her needing to tap into higher power levels. However, in her solo book, she has to let go of some of those limitations since she is facing more powerful threats on her own.
    I think the self imposed limits are the best way forward. it has to be believable though. you cant have her doing away with adversary without breaking a sweat and then in another book she has trouble defeating assailants without having the need to call forth a hammer or a theoretically bloodlusted storm being unable to down an xmen team led by jean grey. it doesnt align or make sense.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Name some quality bonding moments in the 90's Gold team. Jean and Storm barely spent time together then. Jean was all about Scott during that time, and Storm had most of her storylines with Forge, Bishop, and then Cable. Their deepest bonding happened in a Classic X-Men back up story, and then in X-Treme X-Men a million years later. Psylocke was her number 2(behind Logan) from the Mutant Massacre all the way to the Siege Perilous, and then they formed that X-Force team together. Jean as her 'best friend' is mostly an idea, not held up by canon.
    I liked that classic xmen story. ororo had to let jean know that she wasnt for her probing her mind uninvited. also, jean was to blame for forge not proposing to ororo. she overstepped her bounds in a big way. based upon that I would say ororo (in the early Claremont stories) was a lot closer to piotro, kurt, Logan, and kitty than Jean.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Vintage design:

vintage.jpg
    takes me back to tas storm. one of the best cartoons ever made.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. in regards to her god mode, I really see it how super saiyans operate. they tap into their upper level of energy only when the threats the fight require them to. I dont see why ororo couldnt behave similarly.

2. In regards to your comparison I could have sworn you said storm was just as powerful as magneto and Phoenix. That said, it's safe to assume callisto would have felt ororos power because she was helping him gather enough strong mutants to begin his revolution. so when she mentioned that Phoenix was stronger than him it is most probable this would have been taking all the mutants, including the xmen, in the span of sensing jean developing Phoenix power. also jean lack of durability doesnt take away from the fact she was immensely powerful.

I think the self imposed limits are the best way forward. it has to be believable though. you cant have her doing away with adversary without breaking a sweat and then in another book she has trouble defeating assailants without having the need to call forth a hammer or a theoretically bloodlusted storm being unable to down an xmen team led by jean grey. it doesnt align or make sense.
    1. I'm not saying she shouldn't. I'm just saying let her release her God Power when it's NEEDED.

2. My initial post was that Storm and Magneto were the most powerful mutants aside from Phoenix. I know Phoenix is Top Dog. Let me clarify. My point is Storm is up there WITH Charles and Erik and Phoenix. That assumption would be wrong, because Storm was not around when Magneto went to gather mutants for his cause. And your assumption would be more wrong because we'd have to assume Callisto knows how powerful Juggernaut and Pro.X are when they themselves were not there during Magneto's recruitment.

"so when she mentioned that Phoenix was stronger than him it is most probable this would have been taking all the mutants, including the xmen, in the span of sensing jean developing Phoenix power." -
    This statement is a WILD Guess. Why do you assume Callisto KNOWS the X-men? How did you come to that? This is why her word doesn't really mean much when she didn't even try to rate any of the X-men BUT Magneto who just so happened to be by himself when he met Callisto the first place. If your going to say that about Jean then you need to say the same for Storm, because her lack of fighting skills doesn't make her less powerful either.

storm22.jpg
    "I call upon the power of the hurricane!"
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

May Storm's presence in the X-Book come back as fierce as she is in this cover

storm-1-bianchi-variant-8c44e.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    May Storm's presence in the X-Book come back as fierce as she is in this cover

storm-1-bianchi-variant-8c44e.jpg
    Ugh. Headmistress Munroe's uniform is iconic. If the red uniform doesn't stick around I'd like them to bring this back but take out the white and make the underside of her cape red
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    1. I'm not saying she shouldn't. I'm just saying let her release her God Power when it's NEEDED.

2. My initial post was that Storm and Magneto were the most powerful mutants aside from Phoenix. I know Phoenix is Top Dog. Let me clarify. My point is Storm is up there WITH Charles and Erik and Phoenix. That assumption would be wrong, because Storm was not around when Magneto went to gather mutants for his cause. And your assumption would be more wrong because we'd have to assume Callisto knows how powerful Juggernaut and Pro.X are when they themselves were not there during Magneto's recruitment.

This statement is a WILD Guess. Why do you assume Callisto KNOWS the X-men? How did you come to that? This is why her word doesn't really mean much when she didn't even try to rate any of the X-men BUT Magneto who just so happened to be by himself when he met Callisto the first place. If your going to say that about Jean then you need to say the same for Storm, because her lack of fighting skills doesn't make her less powerful either.
    1. I agree with that.

2. There is no way to demonstrate Storm was on the level of Magneto or Charles for that matter in any of the movies, save maybe DOFP. Magneto's power was the strongest Callisto had encounter that was until she felt Phoenix's power. Also Jean wasnt in her presence when Callisto first....

you know what I don't care enough about foxmen or storm from those movies to continue this exchange. I would much rather talk about how happy I am gold, and thus hammertime are coming to an end!!!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-06-2018 at 10:48 PM.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...owhere-slowly/

issue 33 not recommended by bleeding cool for it being slow paced but I wish it would have gone a step further by in not being sound with previous continuity.

thought I would change it up. we talk about favorite costumes, actresses, and of course how powerful she is but I dont think I've ever seen this discussed. what are some moments that you gave read about storm or that even people have used to troll her that have made you LOL?

Someone said this image looked like she was passing gas some time ago and I nearly bust a gut laughing: