Page 50 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I’d have to felt more a feel for Okorafor’s take in Storm. She would need a stronger premise to write Storm in a meaningful and compelling way and has a lot of history to draw from. But ultimately, if Coates is too busy (understandably so) and Okorafor is too green/need more time to bake then I am all for Claremont doing a Storm solo. In fact I’d take him over both any day. I’d just want to an edgier, darker premise book that wraps up the crap we’ve had to deal with since he last managed her in XSE.
    the only reason I would be reluctant of Claremont is because he my be tempted to rehash old stories (such as morlocks or shadow king). I want to read fresh, new ideas and see her in different situations, with creative uses of her power.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

yaaassssssss!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So, when Coates brings back Adversary, you think it's the best thing ever, but Claremont will just repeat his old stories?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So, when Coates brings back Adversary, you think it's the best thing ever, but Claremont will just repeat his old stories?
    yea I think bringing back an universal threat that causes ororo to unlock a new ability is totally the best thing ever versus seeing her fight in an arena against the morlocks or being controlled by the shadow king ANY day. :*
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-02-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

now let's give praise to the TRUE goddess brought to us by Mr. Coates

let the light that shines from her led the way from the darkness that clouds your mind. she is the truth and shall be worshipped as such. all hail the hadari yao!

did you guys see this?
    Avengers 4 Animated Trailer Calls in the X-Men & Fantastic Four

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-4-anima...ampaign=CBR-TW

it's a fan-made video but kinda cool. I dont like how small ororo is to wolverine. since the trash that was foxmen was created artist gave shown him taller than her.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    did you guys see this?
    Avengers 4 Animated Trailer Calls in the X-Men & Fantastic Four

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-4-anima...ampaign=CBR-TW

it's a fan-made video but kinda cool. I dont like how small ororo is to wolverine. since the trash that was foxmen was created artist gave shown him taller than her.
    This is cool. Thanks for sharing Kyss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    This is cool. Thanks for sharing Kyss.
    you're welcome cherry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It’s not because he would have at least kept us updated and not have us worry and thinking it ain’t happening.
    well remember he made the point of expressing his interest last year. but just because he has an interest in something doesnt mean he has the backing of marvel. both are required for this solo to ever see the light of day.

the only reason I would be reluctant of Claremont is because he my be tempted to rehash old stories (such as morlocks or shadow king). I want to read fresh, new ideas and see her in different situations, with creative uses of her power.

I’d also be looking for somethings new but would also be okay with him building on old bread crumbs that have yet to be picked up. No more Morlocks or SK. If Cal came back make her an ally and build on her (would also like to see Okoye). Take Storm out of the emo & indecisive rut and put her back on a path where she is her usual confident, strong, compassion and cunning self.

I’d also be looking for somethings new but would also be okay with him building on old bread crumbs that have yet to be picked up. No more Morlocks or SK. If Cal came back make her an ally and build on her (would also like to see Okoye). Take Storm out of the emo & indecisive rut and put her back on a path where she is her usual confident, strong, compassion and cunning self.
    agreed to this 100%. I dont mind old beats but it seems with her these rehashing of stories never brings anything new for her character. but I agree with your points especially the last part. which was another issue with guggs. did he ever show her dealing with the decisions she made in ivx and trying to work through them?

I like Shadow King so I would be ok with him coming back, but I don't want it to happen right away. Like others have mentioned, I want fresh new stories with Storm facing brand new foes and obstacles.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I like Shadow King so I would be ok with him coming back, but I don't want it to happen right away. Like others have mentioned, I want fresh new stories with Storm facing brand new foes and obstacles.
    I don't mind him either but hes been done to death with ororo.

world apart
    psi wars
    nightcrawler solo

and yes to the last part. I think ororo has to get more rogues before she can be and have a successful solo run.

agreed to this 100%. I dont mind old beats but it seems with her these rehashing of stories never brings anything new for her character. but I agree with your points especially the last part. which was another issue with guggs. did he ever show her dealing with the decisions she made in ivx and trying to work through them?
    Agreed. No more building old stories in new ways. The X-Men are primarily reactive vs proactive, and the best proactive in recent years (sans Storm) has been renditions of X-Force. I’d love to see Storm go proactive but in a strategic, methodical and predominantly non-X-Men way. A role that still, at it’s core, strives for peace and fights for the oppressed, but in a way unique to her and oblyvnlkniwn to specific high level worldwide influencers. I’d like to see her focus to being to strategically influencing the course of the world.

I don't mind him either but hes been done to death with ororo.

world apart
    psi wars
    nightcrawler solo

and yes to the last part. I think ororo has to get more rogues before she can be and have a successful solo run.
    Not to mention X-Force. He needs a breaK.

Agreed. No more building old stories in new ways. The X-Men are primarily reactive vs proactive, and the best proactive in recent years (sans Storm) has been renditions of X-Force. I’d love to see Storm go proactive but in a strategic, methodical and predominantly non-X-Men way. A role that still, at it’s core, strives for peace and fights for the oppressed, but in a way unique to her and oblyvnlkniwn to specific high level worldwide influencers. I’d like to see her focus to being to strategically influencing the course of the world.
    yes I would love to see her do something as you described that wasnt in the form of being a teacher or headmistress. how exactly or what exactly would you have her do?

Not to mention X-Force. He needs a breaK.
    he most certainly does.