Page 51 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes I would love to see her do something as you described that wasnt in the form of being a teacher or headmistress. how exactly or what exactly would you have her do?
    I would also add I’d want her doing it secretly, where she collaborates behind the scenes with both known, unknown, good and...questionable organizations.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I would also add I’d want her doing it secretly, where she collaborates behind the scenes with both known, unknown, good and...questionable organizations.
    sounds interesting. you know this kind of reminds me what she did in her solo and when she worked under cyclops with the proto mutants stuff.

I really would like to see them push for her to be marvels WW and explore further stuff with her being a goddess. however I wouldn't want her necessarily tapping into this ability until it was absolutely necessary. rogues would include gods and goddesses from across the marvel universe, as well as groups or organizations that would look to exploit her power for the control and/or destruction of mankind. I would also like to see her go back to her gray area of dealing with her enemies when she was punk. I like her looking to protect innocents but the "I abhor violence" storm is boring and frankly hypocritical to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

sounds interesting. you know this kind of reminds me what she did in her solo and when she worked under cyclops with the proto mutants stuff.

I really would like to see them push for her to be marvels WW and explore further stuff with her being a goddess. however I wouldn't want her necessarily tapping into this ability until it was absolutely necessary. rogues would include gods and goddesses from across the marvel universe, as well as groups or organizations that would look to exploit her power for the control and/or destruction of mankind. I would also like to see her go back to her gray area of dealing with her enemies when she was punk. I like her looking to protect innocents but the "I abhor violence" storm is boring and frankly hypocritical to me.
    True. And it gets compiled with each writer. We get one writer obsessed with the version of Storm from 30 years ago before she became a more developed leader/character. Each writer taking over runs with the BS from the previous writer. I think Tsyolr os going that same route in Red unfortunately. What I would give for an X-writer who does their homework. I’d want to do a quick reset that ties up all of that regressive writing and move her forward. Storm doesn’t have to prefer violence but at this stage in her hero/freedom fighting career she knows what time it is and has embraced it.

True. And it gets compiled with each writer. We get one writer obsessed with the version of Storm from 30 years ago before she became a more developed leader/character. Each writer taking over runs with the BS from the previous writer. I think Tsyolr os going that same route in Red unfortunately. What I would give for an X-writer who does their homework. I’d want to do a quick reset that ties up all of that regressive writing and move her forward. Storm doesn’t have to prefer violence but at this stage in her hero/freedom fighting career she knows what time it is and has embraced it.
    exactly. yes!!! when was the last time she was written as a boss b!tch unafraid to cut a h@e when necessary? I'm gonna say maybe when wood wrote her his first run. that is the kind of ororo I want to read.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

exactly. yes!!! when was the last time she was written as a boss b!tch unafraid to cut a h@e when necessary? I'm gonna say maybe when wood wrote her his first run. that is the kind of ororo I want to read.

Hell yes, I loved the voice Wood gave her.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Hell yes, I loved the voice Wood gave her.

yaaass indeed. I definitely was feeling Claremont storm with this. it reminded me of the panel where ororo told cyclops I'm the judge jury and executioner during the inferno storyline.

i remember seeing this thinking ororo would do something amazing afterwards. lololol boy was I naive then...

i remember seeing this thinking ororo would do something amazing afterwards. lololol boy was I naive then...
    Haha yep. Enter the Gillen era of epic Storm regression (and uselessness).

Haha yep. Enter the Gillen era of epic Storm regression (and uselessness).
    oh it was pure and utter trash... i know ur not as much of a Coates fan as I am but dang why does it seem to be more bad storm writers than good ones? coates is the only writer that get me excited in recent years when issues involve her.

ru looking forward fo uncanny btw?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-02-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

omfg I miss this version of storm so much she was in charge and didn't take **** from anybody. I also liked it because it highlighted that just because people are following Scott doesn't mean they agree 100% with everything that he was doing and that storm even had some doubts whether or not he was putting the good mutant kind first.

And I just remembered there was actually some talk on this board about why storm would have been the best choice as a foil to Scott Summers character during the time of schism. But instead they gave that role to Wolverine and everyone immediately called out the hypocrisy of it.

Man they really mishandled storm during that era she had some pretty good showings in my opinion and yet they did nothing with it
    Last edited by loke13; 09-02-2018 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    omfg I miss this version of storm so much she was in charge and didn't take **** from anybody. I also liked it because it highlighted that just because people are following Scott doesn't mean they agree 100% with everything that he was doing and that storm even had some doubts whether or not he was putting the good mutant kind first.

And I just remembered there was actually some talk on this board about why storm would have been the best choice as a foil to Scott Summers character during the time of schism. But instead they gave that role to Wolverine and everyone immediately called out the hypocrisy of it.

Man they really mishandled storm during that era she had some pretty good showings in my opinion and yet they did nothing with it
    yea woods really did a great job I thought capturing her voice. however, the unfortunate thing is that she is still being mishandled. I'm not confident uncanny will get her right either.

art by Magickmarker

I wasn't a big fan of Wood's Storm. While she had her moments I didn't like how some X-Men question her actions...especially those X-Men that have been under Storm's leadership for years. Colossus would never speak to Storm like that and if he did have an issue they would discuss it without any hint of violence.

That whole Cyclops is King/Leader of All Mutants was a big slap in the face to Storm to me.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-03-2018 at 05:14 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

The Utopia era was problematic in many ways, and Piotr backtalking and even putting his hands on Ororo was completely out of character(to be fair, he was possessed by Cytorrak at the time, but this book never reflected that directly), but this was the time Storm was married to BP and had lost almost all relevancy to the X-Men, so in contrast, this run was a breath of fresh air. It wasn't perfect, but Wood and Lopez served up something of substance in an otherwise barren time for Ororo. It was the run after this, with the all-female lineup, that Wood went completely off the rails with Rachel doing the exact same forced insubordination. I don't think Storm has ever recovered, in terms of leadership among the X-Men, since then.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I love the art of her here. Who is the artist?