Page 55 of 192 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Not sure if safe to post this here but Storm and Jean came in 4th as Marvel's Fiercest Female Duo

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1037071553119301636

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not sure if safe to post this here but Storm and Jean came in 4th as Marvel's Fiercest Female Duo

nice find. I love the description of them being two of the most powerful xmen.

now the bigger question is why wouldnt it be safe to post here??? lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

thanks for that screenshot. that's what I was referencing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nice find. I love the description of them being two of the most powerful xmen.

now the bigger question is why wouldnt it be safe to post here??? lol
    Lol I’m gonna leave that one alone

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

yeah, just quietly back away
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

the only part I wouldnt agree with is the alternate reality description. I think once you diverge from reality you get into the realm of it being "non-canon" and i would like all those goodies to mean something to the overall MU 616.
    No, I get it, I don't want it to be an alternate reality either, I want Marvel to have the balls enough to change their mainline universe in progressive ways.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

ooooooh chile... you know you are in a safe place right?

right????

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No, I get it, I don't want it to be an alternate reality either, I want Marvel to have the balls enough to change their mainline universe in progressive ways.
    exactly. I will say though I'm not yet impressed or sold they will do anything noteworthy with this, it's cool to see that women will be leading the franchise. I'm sure marvel will find a way to make me not like this. I need them to go further and not be afraid or shy away from the showing a powerful black woman doing big things. not just poweewuse but as you said, in progressive ways that will shake up the status quo in the mu.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    yeah, just quietly back away
    oh stop it lol.

Gurl, now you know Jean is a dicey subject up in here.

Claremont's work on them back in the day, and even in X-Treme, was nice, but "them" as a concept is more "tell, not show" in the grand scheme of things.

Gurl, now you know Jean is a dicey subject up in here.

Claremont's work on them back in the day, and even in X-Treme, was nice, but "them" as a concept is more "tell, not show" in the grand scheme of things.
    lololololol no you didnt with the Rochelle gif lolololol.

so you think there isnt much substance to them being best friends?

so you think there isnt much substance to them being best friends?
    I mean, in terms of what is going on in the comics right now? Absolutely. In terms of what was going on in the 90's and even into the Morrison/X-Treme era? Absolutely. Since Jean's return after the Dark Phoenix Saga, she's mostly been focused on Scott, Logan, and Charles(and Hank, Warren, and Bobby to a lesser extent) in her stories. And even now that they are back on a team together, the bit of lip service aside, you can't tell me they are being written as best friends in Red. Other than the earliest of Claremont's run(and a giant helping of that Bolton back up story), and a few flourishes in X-Treme, it doesn't really translate to the page(nor to other mediums like cartoons/films).

I mean, in terms of what is going on in the comics right now? Absolutely. In terms of what was going on in the 90's and even into the Morrison/X-Treme era? Absolutely. Since Jean's return after the Dark Phoenix Saga, she's mostly been focused on Scott, Logan, and Charles(and Hank, Warren, and Bobby to a lesser extent) in her stories. And even now that they are back on a team together, the bit of lip service aside, you can't tell me they are being written as best friends in Red. Other than the earliest of Claremont's run(and a giant helping of that Bolton back up story), and a few flourishes in X-Treme, it doesn't really translate to the page(nor to other mediums like cartoons/films).
    I dont think I can argue with any of the points you made. I remember when jean returned during the inferno arc. there was so much emotion and it came across through the pages. her return after red was quite the opposite.

It's nice to see Storm and Jean on the list. I wish they were currently in a book where the dynamic wasn't so lopsided.

Also, Marvel give Sue a best friend already dammit!
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's nice to see Storm and Jean on the list. I wish they were currently in a book where the dynamic wasn't so lopsided.

Also, Marvel give Sue a best friend already dammit!
    sue and ororo are besties too

I dont think I can argue with any of the points you made. I remember when jean returned during the inferno arc. there was so much emotion and it came across through the pages. her return after red was quite the opposite.