Page 56 of 192 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    sue and ororo are besties too
    Nah they are more like good work friends, who's husbands happen to best friends. The type that can hang out and like each others company, but aren't on that level of friendship.

The last time they spoke was like ten years ago.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-04-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Yoga isn't really wrong. Ororo and Jean are canon best friend's, but it's just as much by word of god (Claremont) as it is by actual panels. Doesn't help that Jean's spent almost a third of the X-Men's history "dead" and when she is around Ororo and her are in seperate books more often than not. It'd be nice if they could have some serious quality time, but the way comics are written today it would likely have to serve the main story which probably isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Nah they are more like good work friends, who's husbands happen to best friends. The type that can hang out and like each others company, but aren't on that level of friendship.

I would say its deeper then that. More like that cousin u see every blue moon. Once u see them, u got to play catch up and talk about old loves.

Still family.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

work friends arent invited to go shopping for wedding dresses. it is a bit deeper than that. and time apart dont mean you don't care for someone. also let's not forget sue has been galaxy hopping so it's not like she has been available. I'm sure we will see more from them once she returns.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Yoga isn't really wrong. Ororo and Jean are canon best friend's, but it's just as much by word of god (Claremont) as it is by actual panels. Doesn't help that Jean's spent almost a third of the X-Men's history "dead" and when she is around Ororo and her are in seperate books more often than not. It'd be nice if they could have some serious quality time, but the way comics are written today it would likely have to serve the main story which probably isn't going to happen.
    that is why his original point about it being more tell and not show.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

They didn't do Storm any favors is Gold. Still like the villain though. His words actually insult Coates writing of I read it correctly.

As expected Kitty and crew showed up even though that bit confused me and made little sense, but okay. The issue was boring as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    They didn't do Storm any favors is Gold. Still like the villain though. His words actually insult Coates writing of I read it correctly.
    the book is absolute trash but you are right it does make an effort to invalidate what coates did. this arc was based on inaccurate information and the guggs made it clear that she is nothing without the hammer, which was the complete opposite of what coates showed her to be. I'm just happy that Sutter this next issue eevdont have to discuss his awful writing again
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

these images say it all

lolol sp... you are so extra.

so I'm thinking the hammer will somehow return to help her beat the god, then she will send it on it's way after defeating him, with both her parents dying again. there may be one more feat for hammertime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyone want to place bets on if Kitty will show up to help save the day?

told you. it seems I was right about that hammer saving the day. but you are right the issue was boring. this whole arc was unnecessary.

BANNED

told you. it seems I was right about that hammer saving the day. but you are right the issue was boring. this whole arc was unnecessary.

Even if I wanted to like the whole hammer thing, this was a poorly executed story, top to bottom. Furthermore, Storm actually did meet her parents when she almost died in X-Treme X-Men, she even introduced Jean to them, so this paltry 'emotional beat' of them being so happy to have seen her as an adult didn't even ring true. Guggenheim failed, yet again.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

yes maam I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Even if I wanted to like the whole hammer thing, this was a poorly executed story, top to bottom. Furthermore, Storm actually did meet her parents when she almost died in X-Treme X-Men, she even introduced Jean to them, so this paltry 'emotional beat' of them being so happy to have seen her as an adult didn't even ring true. Guggenheim failed, yet again.
    an epic fail. I completely forgot about that xtreme moment lolol. he just ignored every story that predated this mess of a book to tell stale, uninspired trash. how was he ever hired on to write for this book again ?

BANNED

lol Gold. Now just put back Kitty’s hair and Rachel’s everything on your way out Guggs.

On topic of friendships, I would say Ororo’s real best friend is probably Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    On topic of friendships, I would say Ororo’s real best friend is probably Logan.
    I agree. Ride or die. Remy and Betsy are close behind.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    lol Gold. Now just put back Kitty’s hair and Rachel’s everything on your way out Guggs.

and guggs cant seem to stop trolling Rachel. she is supposed to be an omega mutant but can never read anyone mind ? so laughable.