Page 62 of 192 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The panels for the GSXM #1 scene are on Google.

Attachment 70409
    Attachment 70410
    thanks beloved. I will check this out when i get out of meeting.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    selene in all the stories I've read of her is an actual goddess. this narrative is even being depicted in the current captain America book..

and regardless the point is that being a mutant doesnt prevent you from being a god.
    Selene has never been a true goddess until Necrosha. She was worshiped like a goddess in various cultures (Nova Roma being the last), but her powers derive from being a mutant and wielding magic. She is a Hyborean Age mutant that used magic to ascend to godhood, until killed and resurrected without her godhood restored. If in Captain America they are saying she's a goddess now, it's likely from poor editing and Necrosha. But prior to that she was not.

Siryn became the Morrigan (an existing God that was not human) after killing the current Morrigan and absorbing her godhood and powers (again transcending her humanity).

Currently unless you were born of the universe a god/dess, or one of your parents was a god/dess, you cannot attain godhood unless you transcend your humanity. I can't speak for the narrative in the Coates book around Storm becoming a goddess as I haven't read it, but for everyone else you transcend the human plane to the next one. Hence why in the "Twelve" arc Claremont made Storm a goddess as she transcended her humanity (granted it was an Apocalypse dream sequence). A mutant CAN become a god, they just have to find a way to shed their humanity, which goes against the narrative of mutants being humans with extra genes.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The panels for the GSXM #1 scene are on Google.

Attachment 70409
    Attachment 70410
    Heres the full meeting.

11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Also...consider the disparity between Claremont's ideology of how mutants like Storm can transcend to Godhood through their powers and Coates's ideology where Storm (and Bast and other African Gods...who were regular humans) transcended via prayers and the "power of belief" from the native populace.

Again, it all comes down to the vast disconnect between writers and editors and offices and if I had to choose one path as definitive I'm bloody well choosing Claremont's. At the very least he didn't have to revise an already established mythos so that what he wrote could make an iota of sense.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-05-2018 at 01:37 PM.

23.jpg
    24.jpg
    28.jpg

In 616 canon she has already evolved beyond comprehension but her fear of becoming like phoenix forces her to bottle up the power that manifested out of fear and being locked away. Which makes sense for one who preserves the balance of all. She needs to get their on her own, the right way. Not in a desperate bid to shut things down.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-05-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Also...consider the disparity between Claremont's ideology of how mutants like Storm can transcend to Godhood through their powers and Coates's ideology where Storm (and Bast and other African Gods...who were regular humans) transcended via prayers and the "power of belief" from the native populace.

Again, it all comes down to the vast disconnect between writers and editors and offices and if I had to choose one path as definitive I'm bloody well choosing Claremont's. At the very least he didn't have to revise an already established mythos so that what he wrote could make an iota of sense.
    That was just that one moment though. Coates also made it clear Storm has godhood as her birthright meaning she was born to eventually become a god. So both are correct in a way as both are different. Claremont states mutant powers can make people gods (omega mutants reaching their ultimate potential i'm assuming.) Coates specifically said the gift of god hood was her birth right. Ororo is twice blessed ya'll.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-05-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    None of these writers are following each others work. As mentioned earlier anything done in the X-Verse takes priority so you can howl and cry to the Blue Full Moon about Coates and what he's done is going to change anything. Marvel Writers just needs fix their continuity issue because every book contradicts the other. So you can't fall on coates when he's not even a writer for the X-men or for Storm. As for Taylor and Guggs they have no reason to be out of continuity they are the same Titile X-men and yet they are both writing two completely different stories.
    Pretty much. If you want Storm to be truly realized as a Goddess, you better damn well hope Coates jumps over to the X-side of things once his stint with Captain America and Black Panther are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Pretty much. If you want Storm to be truly realized as a Goddess, you better damn well hope Coates jumps over to the X-side of things once his stint with Captain America and Black Panther are over.
    I feel like that is all people are focusing on. That is at the bottom of my care list. I more care about her being humiliated, degraded, and held back because of being a black woman. She can't be a goddess, she can't be an omega, she can't be anything that makes her more than her non black peers. Thats my biggest issue. So i just want to state that plainly and clearly so it is known and understood. While white characters get to be omega telepaths, and omega farts, and everything else that implies power people go out of their way to try to make her less than.

Fact: there are no main stream black gods in the marvel universe.
    Fact: There isn't one official black omega mutant.

These are facts and if we have to hope Coates comes over for any of this to be addressed then it's time for these questions to be asked on a more mainstream platform so the X-offices are forced to answer the why.

And more importantly why do most ethnic groups of the marvel universe have to worship animals as gods when marvel has plenty of white ones running around in human form but no minority ones.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-05-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Exactly.
    He's the only writer that pays attention. Bad part is Coates isn't an X-Writer so whatever he does with Storm can be and will be overlooked by the X-Writers(which shouldn't be). What he did with Storm is good and cemented in the Marvel Universe, but it's highly unlikely that it will happen again(If Coates does Storm's Solo) IF the X-Verse don't recognize it which they won't just like Storm going RogueStorm was never visited again. If Marvel doesn't make their writers collaborate and talk to each other and Editorial making the right calls we would have good stories and character growth. But now nothing makes sense.....
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-05-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I just see her as being badly, incompetently and under-written by certain writers who just aren't as invested in the character as Claremont was.
    The "Facts" as you see them could be systematic and symptomatic of the Company as a whole though and not just specific to the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I just see her as being badly, incompetently and under-written by certain writers who just aren't as invested in the character as Claremont was.
    The "Facts" as you see them could be systematic and symptomatic of the Company as a whole though and not just specific to the X-Office.
    Oh i definitely think it's the company as a whole. No doubt about it but the movie division at least tries a little. In the comic division you have to hope the few ethnic writers move from office to office to make things happen it seems. It would be interesting to see what the actors who play in the movie side of things think about the comic division and what there answers would be when asked some of these questions as i doubt most are aware. They tout diversity in their more main stream aspects but in comics diversity especially seems to be more "let them be seen but not heard."
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Heres the full meeting.

11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg
    after reading I still dont perceive it as any maliciousness on his part. but that is just me.

23.jpg
    24.jpg
    28.jpg

In 616 canon she has already evolved beyond comprehension but her fear of becoming like phoenix forces her to bottle up the power that manifested out of fear and being locked away. Which makes sense for one who preserves the balance of all. She needs to get their on her own, the right way. Not in a desperate bid to shut things down.
    give a history lesson today !!!! preach!!!

That was just that one moment though. Coates also made it clear Storm has godhood as her birthright meaning she was born to eventually become a god. So both are correct in a way as both are different. Claremont states mutant powers can make people gods (omega mutants reaching their ultimate potential i'm assuming.) Coates specifically said the gift of god hood was her birth right. Ororo is twice blessed ya'll.
    you are speaking to my heart!!!! I love it!!!

I feel like that is all people are focusing on. That is at the bottom of my care list. I more care about her being humiliated, degraded, and held back because of being a black woman. She can't be a goddess, she can't be an omega, she can't be anything that makes her more than her non black peers. Thats my biggest issue. So i just want to state that plainly and clearly so it is known and understood. While white characters get to be omega telepaths, and omega farts, and everything else that implies power people go out of their way to try to make her less than.

These are facts and if we have to hope Coates comes over for any of this to be addressed then it's time for these questions to be asked on a more mainstream platform so the X-offices are forced to answer the why.

And more importantly why do most ethnic groups of the marvel universe have to worship animals as gods when marvel has plenty of white ones running around in human form but no minority ones.

omg you are giving me my life with this post. thank you for keeping it real and stating nothing but the truth.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Selene has never been a true goddess until Necrosha. She was worshiped like a goddess in various cultures (Nova Roma being the last), but her powers derive from being a mutant and wielding magic. She is a Hyborean Age mutant that used magic to ascend to godhood, until killed and resurrected without her godhood restored. If in Captain America they are saying she's a goddess now, it's likely from poor editing and Necrosha. But prior to that she was not.

Siryn became the Morrigan (an existing God that was not human) after killing the current Morrigan and absorbing her godhood and powers (again transcending her humanity).

Currently unless you were born of the universe a god/dess, or one of your parents was a god/dess, you cannot attain godhood unless you transcend your humanity. I can't speak for the narrative in the Coates book around Storm becoming a goddess as I haven't read it, but for everyone else you transcend the human plane to the next one. Hence why in the "Twelve" arc Claremont made Storm a goddess as she transcended her humanity (granted it was an Apocalypse dream sequence). A mutant CAN become a god, they just have to find a way to shed their humanity, which goes against the narrative of mutants being humans with extra genes.
    but was she ever one period? I'm under the understanding she ascended to one in necrosha.

siryn is still a mutant and goddess despite the circumstances behind it.

the reason as to why she is a goddess hasnt been explained other that it's in her bloodline. and your analysis of what it takes to be a god would be incorrect as ororo doesnt fall into that description you provided.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-05-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

There are human looking poc gods in marvel but they are not shown as much.Same with dc.
    Marvel gods list.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Gods
    Last edited by mace11; 09-06-2018 at 03:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

False deities
    Several beings have either claimed to be gods, or were mistaken for gods. These include:

Apocalypse (worshipped as Huitzilopochtli, Kali-Ma, Set, possibly others)
    Axi-Tun
    Beta Ray Bill (an alien warrior who was an avatar of Thor for a short time and has since been given his own similar powers)
    Demons (many were originally Elder Gods, and/or were worshipped as gods even in their demonic forms)
    Eternals (Zuras was mistaken for Zeus, et cetera)
    Horusians
    The Phoenix Force (Guardian of the M'Kraan Crystal, and worshipped by the Shi'ar Empire)
    Selene the Black Queen (worshipped as a goddess in Nova Roma)
    Skrull Gods (Kly'bn and Sl'gur't were originally "normal" Skrulls until they "Evolved" into Gods)
    Storm (worshipped as a goddess in Kenya)