Page 66 of 192 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Didn't BP get canceled and they needed to put Storm somewhere instead of in limbo? I was barely following the books at the time, so I'm not sure. Anyway, Storm's Avengers run was wasted potential.
    I believe when she became an avenger the BP run was still happening. but dont hold me to that im not 100% sure.

and it indeed was so much wasted potential but it was bendis. it's funny how similat Giggs and bendis ate in terms of aesthetic and writing. another thing the share is that they both love to write ororo in a similar fashion - like utter crap lol.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-07-2018 at 12:39 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I've seen so many articles about hammertime faces a god it's made my stomach turn. well I'm ignoring that as I am gold. this one, if not the only, article that discussed ororo becoming a goddess without any hammer snd fighting a god (and winning).

shout out to the geekiary

http://thegeekiary.com/black-panther...es-storm/51789

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Storm Avenger run was weird lame duck run I believe it was Bendis writing and he was leaving to go another book, He did a cool thing putting Storm and Quake on the Main Avengers squad but other creative team wasn't going to use that team. Storm didn't real get a chance to shine but she was part a group of 3 or 4 new characters to the team in Red Hulk,Protector,Quake and Herself. They solid job of giving panel time to the new characters. She could have still had a decent run but AvX happen and everyone knows what happened then.

Previous Avengers run doesn't mean anything it is not like the same creative team or the same Marvel management is around. Storm bring elements only one other character (Spectrum ) could bring to avengers and that might be the warning sign that hey might not be the right place because Avengers haven't manage their strong black leader character well either. But Storm on the Avengers bring munch need racial minority and female presence and She is powerhouse and well know leader so she is harder to sideline or ignore like Widow or Wasp. In time she would be an Avenger leader and mainstay. I mean Storm on the Avenger is worth just for the Black Panther interactions alone imo
    Storm joined Bendis' Avengers way too close to AvX plus she joined in an arc that was basically Norman Osborn wanking. Plus he probably only did it because she was in on the Marvel Adventures Avengers team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Didn't BP get canceled and they needed to put Storm somewhere instead of in limbo? I was barely following the books at the time, so I'm not sure. Anyway, Storm's Avengers run was wasted potential.
    I recall Storm had already rejoined the X-Men before Doomwar ended Shuri's run as Black Panther. T'Challa's and Daredevil's book combined into one and he and Ororo were together through that and T'Challa getting his King of the Underworld powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Storm joined Bendis' Avengers way too close to AvX plus she joined in an arc that was basically Norman Osborn wanking. Plus he probably only did it because she was in on the Marvel Adventures Avengers team.

I recall Storm had already rejoined the X-Men before Doomwar ended Shuri's run as Black Panther. T'Challa's and Daredevil's book combined into one and he and Ororo were together through that and T'Challa getting his King of the Underworld powers.
    Her stint in MA Avengers was actually 100x better than the Bendis' work. If she ever does become an Avenger again I hope the writer finds better use for her.

Is she supposed to be based off of Shipp's notStorm?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is she supposed to be based off of Shipp's notStorm?
    naw. I think it's a spin off the mohawk look. well let me say I would hope not. besides this storm has more melanin than shipp to be her.

storm fun fact:

a lot of people dont know a man attempted to sexually assault ororo as a young girl when she was on trek to kenya. she thrawted his attempt by killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I really enjoyed reading ororo embrace her blackness and those cultural elements from her father's hometown. I would really enjoy more stories explored of her having a life outside the xmen.
    Agreed 100%. I enjoyed Coates' The Crew title and Storm's role. I'm glad that he retconned Storm's history to having a lot of love for Harlem. Storm embracing her Blackness and connecting with Harlem itself was long overdue. I think that Coates also did well with managing Storm's powers.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I also enjoyed her having some girl time with Misty. I would like a book where both them both and shuri appeared in a book.
    I really enjoyed Storm working together with Misty as well. The two of them balance each other out in a good way. They definitely need more team-ups together.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

storm fun fact:

a lot of people dont know a man attempted to sexually assault ororo as a young girl when she was on trek to kenya. she thrawted his attempt by killing him.

Storm is a character with a ton of story potential. Not enough people realize this. Wolverine is not the only X-man with an extraordinary history.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed 100%. I enjoyed Coates' The Crew title and Storm's role. I'm glad that he retconned Storm's history to having a lot of love for Harlem. Storm embracing her Blackness and connecting with Harlem itself was long overdue. I think that Coates also did well with managing Storm's powers.
    it was so refreshing to read for all the things you mentioned. I will say harvey did wonderfully showcasing ororo embrace her blackness but the power display left for s lpt to be desired. I wish writers would use creative means of her using powers instead of the traditional "weather manipulation thing. but aside from that her characterization I love.

I really enjoyed Storm working together with Misty as well. The two of them balance each other out in a good way. They definitely need more team-ups together.
    indeed. I hoping to see more of them in the future.

Storm is a character with a ton of story potential. Not enough people realize this. Wolverine is not the only X-man with an extraordinary history.
    hello. I hoping coates gets the greenlight to write her solo. my spirit has been drained with these boring xstories.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    look what I happened to come across.

your theory has even been addressed in 616

Xavier doesnt deny it lolol

naw. I think it's a spin off the mohawk look. well let me say I would hope not. besides this storm has more melanin than shipp to be her.
    Sans mohawk (enjoying her full head of hair/locks) i wouldn’t mind if this was her new look on panel. Just add some heels and I think the bad-assery would be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Sans mohawk (enjoying her full head of hair/locks) i wouldn’t mind if this was her new look on panel. Just add some heels and I think the bad-assery would be complete.
    yaaaassss I always love a nice heel. and agreed. I'm over the hawk