Page 73 of 192 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2875

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    wait which issue was that? the same one she got control of his storm?
    It happens a little bit later. Taylor tries to force adamantium back into Wolverine's body and he reject it and shoots into the chair Hurricane was sitting in...killing him.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I got a bit sidetracked. I was telling a story of love that has endured the weight of a nation on its back.

They met as kids. Ororo saw Tchalla attacked by white men and she used her new found abilities to save him. They then traveled a bit of time together before going their separate ways.

Sometime later, Tchalla would visit Ororo in a land where she was worshipped and a goddess. The two reminiscenced of their past encounter and though their affinity for one another was strong, they would part ways again.

After becoming an Xman the two had subsequent adventures together where they would part as friends, then share a kiss, and eventually married. The duties of being a king proved to be too much after Namor destroyed Wakanda and their union was ended.

Ororo heartbroken and desperate sullied herself with a flea-invested hobbit (something I'm sure she regrets to this day). Though she was not with him her heart always remained with him, as his heart did with her. The universe would later be threatened and destroyed but before it was Tchalla reached out to ororo to spend the last few moments he had with the love of his life.

And like a Phoenix from the ashes, after the 616 universe was restored, so was their interest and pursuit with one another. With the hobbit dead, Tchalla saw his chance to rekindle their love and he did so by forming the Crew. They fought side by side but it wasnt until Wakanda was near total destruction again did he apologize to ororo for all the wrong he had done. From this not only was their love renewed but a goddess was born!

Currently her man is away in far reaches of space without any memory of his former life but but his love for her guides him and strengthens him. let this story of perseverance when faced against all odds encourage you in your lifes' obstacles to always endure and never give up.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-09-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It happens a little bit later. Taylor tries to force adamantium back into Wolverine's body and he reject it and shoots into the chair Hurricane was sitting in...killing him.
    ok I apparently need to read the rest of that issue. lololl poor guy that was not a good day for him
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

That Hobbit has cared for, loved and respected Ororo more than T'Challa ever did.

We have nearly 40 years of their relationship building. No retcon necessary. At first sign of trouble, he disposed of Ororo like a cheap throwmat. Wolverine would set the world ablaze for those he loves. Logan > T'Challa

I'm not a hardcore Logan/Ororo shipper, but I do love both characters under Claremont and have a ton of respect for them as a non-romantic pair. T'Challa/Ororo has a far less stellar track record on the page, and I especially don't care for these retcons [of them]that have been happening in the last decade. That scene of them dining on the mountaintop while she is in her goddess phases, particularly is a problem for me. I'm of the mind that Ororo was really into her goddess phase, and really lived a secluded life during that time, away from television and other technologies, to account for her characterization when we first meet her in Giant Sized, and her initial run with the X-Men.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    That Hobbit has cared for, loved and respected Ororo more than T'Challa ever did.

We have nearly 40 years of their relationship building. No retcon necessary. At first sign of trouble, he disposed of Ororo like a cheap throwmat. Wolverine would set the world ablaze for those he loves. Logan > T'Challa
    really are you sure about that?

how about we tell another story. one that includes the hobbit.

the hobbit was always unworthy of ororo, always. their first encounter he thought of ways he could kill her, as he never initially trusted the xmen.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nkdwNlFCR...600/RCO032.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1sE9_tsqI...600/RCO036.jpg

ororo tried to offer him something to show that he should trust the xmen and her. she gave him a gift tchalla had given her years before.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uf9ZbUuc4...600/RCO011.jpg

fast forward. they fight together they even flirt here and there. but his love for jean was always in the forefront of his mind.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/6TXkRhzyYP2...ioFJHQ3C=s1600

jean after she died it hit everyone hard.. but when she reappeared Logan didnt want anyone to get in the way not even ororo:

that's the thing Logan always wanted Jean, in a way that most or some women want to be. but ororo was nothing but a cheap thrill for him. after ororos annulled marriage they played around a lot but when he was bored he left her.

http://i.imgur.com/vMihdGYl.jpg

they eventually linked back up before he died and he even apologized to her for never seeing her because of jean.

in his last moments he didnt even see ororo.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/api/i...1855-death.jpg

you call that respect??? ha please. all in all. Logan loves her but as a friend but intimately speaking she was a conquest not a true love. that place in his heart was always reserved for jean. and this is why he was never ever worthy of her love, let alone her goodies. tchalla on the other hand has always fought for ororo, even after she messed off with the hobbit. so dont mischaracterize things here tchalla is her true love and that is why he is still with her.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-09-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm not a hardcore Logan/Ororo shipper, but I do love both characters under Claremont and have a ton of respect for them as a non-romantic pair. T'Challa/Ororo has a far less stellar track record on the page, and I especially don't care for these retcons [of them]that have been happening in the last decade. That scene of them dining on the mountaintop while she is in her goddess phases, particularly is a problem for me. I'm of the mind that Ororo was really into her goddess phase, and really lived a secluded life during that time, away from television and other technologies, to account for her characterization when we first meet her in Giant Sized, and her initial run with the X-Men.
    that's a fair point but even with her being secluded she wasnt ignorant if the world prior to becoming a goddess. she lived in cairo the largest city in Egypt so televisions or technologywouldnt be foreign to her. additional as a master thief she would need to be aware of all sorts of locking mechanisms which I would think would include those that are technologically advanced

I got a bit sidetracked. I was telling a story of love that has endured the weight of a nation on its back.

They met as kids. Ororo saw Tchalla attacked by white men and she used her new found abilities to save him. They then traveled a bit of time together before going their separate ways.

Sometime later, Tchalla would visit Ororo in a land where she was worshipped and a goddess. The two reminiscenced of their past encounter and though their affinity for one another was strong, they would part ways again.

After becoming an Xman the two had subsequent adventures together where they would part as friends, then share a kiss, and eventually married. The duties of being a king proved to be too much after Namor destroyed Wakanda and their union was ended.

Ororo heartbroken and desperate sullied herself with a flea-invested hobbit (something I'm sure she regrets to this day). Though she was not with him her heart always remained with him, as his heart did with her. The universe would later be threatened and destroyed but before it was Tchalla reached out to ororo to spend the last few moments he had with the love of his life.

And like a Phoenix from the ashes, after the 616 universe was restored, so was their interest and pursuit with one another. With the hobbit dead, Tchalla saw his chance to rekindle their love and he did so by forming the Crew. They fought side by side but it wasnt until Wakanda was near total destruction again did he apologize to ororo for all the wrong he had done. From this not only was their love renewed but a goddess was born!

Currently her man is away in far reaches of space without any memory of his former life but but his love for her guides him and strengthens him. let this story of perseverance when faced against all odds encourage you in your lifes' obstacles fo always endure and never give up.
    How Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    How Beautiful
    awww thank you. I dont think many give these two love story much credit but when you think of everything these two have been through it really does deserve more than people are willing to give. and it was on my heart to remind people of their enduring love for each other.

awww thank you. I dont think many give these two love story much credit but when you think of everything these two have been through it really does deserve more than people are willing to give. and it was on my heart to remind people of their enduring love for each other.
    Tea!!! I love how they act around each other. They can let down their walls.

that's a fair point but even with her being secluded she wasnt ignorant if the world prior to becoming a goddess. she lived in cairo the largest city in Egypt so televisions or technologywouldnt be foreign to her. additional as a master thief she would need to be aware of all sorts of locking mechanisms which I would think would include those that are technologically advanced
    Well you have to remember the Cairo backstory was added later. Len Wein's and Dave Cockrum's Ororo was not a pick pocket thief, did not have an American father and birth, or Cairo orphan period. Earliest Ororo was Kenyan, pure and through, and living in the Great Rift Valley away from modernity. Even Claremont's Ororo was distrustful of machines and critical of New York City's population density and pollution. That T'Challa scene will never ring true, especially since it incorporates the MCU's morphing habit tech, which didn't exist in 616 until Coates's run just recently. So it's retcon on top of retcon on top of retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Tea!!! I love how they act around each other. They can let down their walls.

I know right. I love how vulnerable tchalla is with her. many dont get to side but instead see this:

Well you have to remember the Cairo backstory was added later. Len Wein's and Dave Cockrum's Ororo was not a pick pocket thief, did not have an American father and birth, or Cairo orphan period. Earliest Ororo was Kenyan, pure and through, and living in the Great Rift Valley away from modernity. Even Claremont's Ororo was distrustful of machines and critical of New York City's population density and pollution. That T'Challa scene will never ring true, especially since it incorporates the MCU's morphing habit tech, which didn't exist in 616 until Coates's run just recently. So it's retcon on top of retcon on top of retcon.
    I agree with your assessment. ororo empirically would possess the qualities you speak of, which are primal in nature. however, the development that talks to her adventures as a child despite her distrust of technology wouldnt discount her being aware of it. and these retcons do conflict with how she was characterized in giant but l look at it as stormfan mentioned. with her worshippers with the xmen initially she had to be very stoic or emotionless, a goddess. but with tchalla she could really let her hair down because she knew him before she ever was an xmen or a goddess. one could argue he knew the real ororo.

One could declare that series was just a cash grab since BP did so well in the box office. I won't accept that as a valid story. In Claremont's story that introduced them having known each other, it was clear they met as children, and then only met again in that story.

was having this discussion in the latest x-men gold thread. some there argued that storm uses lightning the most in comics because visually it pops out more. this absolutely makes no sense seeing how many telepaths run around using their powers in comics but I mentioned her abilities go far beyond lightning. what abilities outside of wind and lightning would you like her to shown using more often:
    Agreed 100%! Lightning can have cool visuals but it s FAR from the most interesting display of her powers, and definitely isn't a basis to only use that ability no matter what the circumstances (let alone the fact that it makes Storm tactically predictable).

Abilities I would like to see more of on panel (besides what you already mentioned):

1. Extreme Heat/Cold: I think her control over heat is highly under utilized. Would love to see another heatstroke inducing heatwave explosion. Also it's been a while since we've seen her do an AoE flash-freeze or a hyper saturated/hyper concentrated beam of -200 temp to freeze a target .

2. Elemental Combos - We know she combine multiple forces to generate storms/weather effects, but this is highly underutilized in other creative ways.. Like why not:

- Create a heatwave burst, which also caused part of the forest area to catch fire and simultaneously generate a tornado with controlled oxygen flow for a massive EF5 fire-nado.

Or

- A white-out katabatic blizzard wrapped in pea soup fog wrapped in a hurricane.

Or

- Concentrated flash-flood combined with a tornado for a land-based waterspout

3. Tsunami Creation - We've seen flashfloods, tidal wave, concentrated beam of water but I'd love to see her create a mega tsunami.

4. Weaponized Thunder - Her thunderclaps have been able to easily distract, stun and even hit with enough force to send targets through a brick wall (+should be damn near impossible to dodge)

5. Enhanced CQC via the elements- OK to leave the energy weapon contracts to Betsy but revisit Storm enhancing her hand to hand skills by augmenting her punches with thunder (like in Arena), or Kicks enhanced by wind, coat her fist/fee in ice, or a protective layer of compressed air to diminish the force of impact for close quarter fight with superhuman opponents.

6. Defensive Constructs - Most importantly - other characters with control over energy or matter can REGULARLY create fields of force or energy to protect them (Polaris, IW, Firestar, Jean Grey, Magneto, Rachel, etc.) so its over due to be standard for Storm.

One could declare that series was just a cash grab since BP did so well in the box office. I won't accept that as a valid story. In Claremont's story that introduced them having known each other, it was clear they met as children, and then only met again in that story.
    where did it say they never met prior to that encounter?