Page 75 of 192 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2875

Am I the only one who thinks Storm is not utilizing her ability to make Rainbows.
    Like a massive sky rainbow of colors.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Storm is not utilizing her ability to make Rainbows.
    Like a massive sky rainbow of colors.
    already done:

the power of storm
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-09-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    What story?
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    by tech I'm assuming you are talking about his suit. I think that is coates trying demonstrate how advanced wakanda is in comparison to the rest of the world. again I think these are minor additions that dont impact the previous stores told in an adverse fashion.
    the rise of the panther one where storm and BP reconnect.
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I do believe T'Challa's suit could morph under Priest's run, even changing back and forth to a suit:

But I'm not sure when in-story he started using it.
    The Rise of the Black Panther story takes place pre-Giant Sized X-Men, so, 1975 or earlier. BP was never depicted with such capabilities at that time(Jungle Action era, you know, when T'Challa was all about Monica Lynne, and constantly had his costume shred into pieces....). T'Challa may have been employing something akin to an image-inducer in the Priest run, but he certainly was not using the purple-glowing nano-tech that only debuted in Coates's run(2016) back in the day. Even MCU T'Challa didn't have that tech prior to Shuri inventing it in BP(2018). It's amazing to see how far you will bend canon to make this stick.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I know right. I love how vulnerable tchalla is with her. many dont get to side but instead see this:

Is it bad that got me hot...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Rise of the Black Panther story takes place pre-Giant Sized X-Men, so, 1975 or earlier. BP was never depicted with such capabilities at that time(Jungle Action era, you know, when T'Challa was all about Monica Lynne, and constantly had his costume shred into pieces....). T'Challa may have been employing something akin to an image-inducer in the Priest run, but he certainly was not using the purple-glowing nano-tech that only debuted in Coates's run(2016) back in the day. Even MCU T'Challa didn't have that tech prior to Shuri inventing it in BP(2018). It's amazing to see how far you will bend canon to make this stick.
    The major retcon happened when Hudlin started. Wakanda would now have been always ahead of the world in technology. Rise added his mother being a pioneer in Vibranium tech which Tchalla took further.

I'm pretty sure it says in a Priest comic that is morphs his habit to street clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Is it bad that got me hot...lol
    lmfao no it's not. tchalla is so freaking sexy..... if ororo and him dont work I will take him. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm pretty sure it says in a Priest comic that is morphs his habit to street clothes.
    I think this as well, but I unable to find a specific scan for it. However, it was not an image inducer/hologram but instead some sort of morphing particle tech. I don't know if he should have had in those flashbacks, but he did have it prior to Shuri or Coates.

Last edited by nj06; 09-09-2018 at 05:13 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

What story?
    by tech I'm assuming you are talking about his suit. I think that is coates trying demonstrate how advanced wakanda is in comparison to the rest of the world. again I think these are minor additions that dont impact the previous stores told in an adverse fashion.
    the rise of the panther one where storm and BP reconnect.
    I do believe T'Challa's suit could morph under Priest's run, even changing back and forth to a suit:

But I'm not sure when in-story he started using it.
    I think this as well, but I unable to find a specific scan for it. However, it was not an image inducer/hologram but instead some sort of morphing particle tech. I don't know if he should have had in those flashbacks, but he did have it prior to Shuri or Coates.

Maybe it's morphing physically, akin to unstable molecules, maybe it's shedding it's illusion, akin to an image inducer, both of which were available in 1975 in the wider Marvel Universe, but either way, that scan in Rise of the BP is clearly aping the most modern imagery from the MCU and Coates, which makes it 100% an anachronism, and a hallmark of a sloppy retcon.

oh thank you I was looking for one but couldnt find an example. nice find.

Maybe it's morphing physically, akin to unstable molecules, maybe it's shedding it's illusion, akin to an image inducer, both of which were available in 1975 in the wider Marvel Universe, but either way, that scan in Rise of the BP is clearly aping the most modern imagery from the MCU and Coates, which makes it 100% an anachronism, and a hallmark of a sloppy retcon.
    I'm not sure I get why this retcon is such a big issue, even though there is evidence from canon provides by nj06 and cville that it isnt. what is the concern here?

I'm not sure I get why this retcon is such a big issue, even though there is evidence from canon provides by nj06 and cville that it isnt. what is the concern here?
    First of all, Priest's run doesn't correlate to Rise of the BP's timeframe at all. So their 'evidence' means nothing in that regard. Secondly, the concern is RotBP's scene is a sloppy retcon, and not a good example of building whatever relationship they are supposed to have in canon.

First of all, Priest's run doesn't correlate to Rise of the BP's timeframe at all. So their 'evidence' means nothing in that regard. Secondly, the concern is RotBP's scene is a sloppy retcon, and not a good example of building whatever relationship they are supposed to have in canon.
    It doesn't? Priest had Tchalla as having been BP for ten years. Rise is a year one highlight reel.

It doesn't? Priest had Tchalla as having been BP for ten years. Rise is a year one highlight reel.
    Why would 10 years prior T'Challa have the same tech that was brand new in Priest's run? If you can show me a purple glowing nanocloth habit from 1975 or earlier, I will let this go. Other than that, it's wrong and a sloppy retcon.

Why would 10 years prior T'Challa have the same tech that was brand new in Priest's run? If you can show me a purple glowing nanocloth habit from 1975 or earlier, I will let this go. Other than that, it's wrong and a sloppy retcon.
    Priest never said it was brand new. He treated more like he always had it.

Priest never said it was brand new. He treated more like he always had it.
    This is old school Black Panther.

He did not have smart fabric back then.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-09-2018 at 06:22 PM.