Page 20 of 333 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Dan Didio is so overhated that it’s beyond ridiculous now. It has fans thinking they know the business when in fact they should stay in their lanes. No you wouldn’t be able to do better if you were in charge. Imagine being so arrogant. And the fact that folks are so disrespectful towards this man because of FICTIONAL CHARACTERS just makes it worse.
    Last edited by Raijin; 01-23-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Bruce Wayne/Clark Kent's Generation needs to be allowed to grow old and die.

Current Justice League should be made of Dick's generation.
    I would love this so much. The universe feels so stagnant.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Golden age thinking and playing to fandom tribalism over synergy are steering DC into a ditch and certain "fans" are contributing to the problem.
    I asked you before, I never got an answer so I'll ask again. What is Golden Age thinking?

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Amazing Member

totally agree
    one of the mistakes of the rebirth/new 52 is sideling dick in the superhero community
    He was great with team dynamics..

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    The only thing that Batman is the best at in the DCU is paranoia.
    I agree. I like Batman, but he’s overrated.

Amazing Member

I did not like young justice (the new comic) and always thought that conner was a kinda of flat character.
    Also, wtf bendis did with john kent (f*****)

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I asked you before, I never got an answer so I'll ask again. What is Golden Age thinking?
    Golden age thinking basically is a term for romanticizing the past or a "simpler time". What's old = best, what's new or present = can't compare. More broad and less personal than nostalgia. If a old dude is crowing about how great the 70s were that's nostalgia, him crowing to his grandson and his grandson starts going on about "oh man I was born in the wrong generation" that's golden age thinking. Like when people started swing dancing in the 90s. Nostalgia's like squares and Gold Age thinking's like rectangles.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-23-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Golden age thinking basically is a term for romanticizing the past or a "simpler time". What's old = best, what's new or present = can't compare. More broad and less personal than nostalgia. If a old dude is crowing about how great the 70s were that's nostalgia, him crowing to his grandson and his grandson starts going on about "oh man I was born in the wrong generation" that's golden age thinking. Like when people started swing dancing in the 90s. Nostalgia's like squares and Gold Age thinking's like rectangles.
    But what does that have to do with the Golden Age? MajorHoy is pretty much the only one who brings up the Golden Age more often than not.

I was born '98 started reading around 2002. Pretty much all the comics I grew up with and loved were made before I was born. So that line of thinking and what I like is wrong just because it's older? I'm glad I was born when I was because I have instant access to all these stories without waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Bruce Wayne/Clark Kent's Generation needs to be allowed to grow old and die.

Current Justice League should be made of Dick's generation.
    And the moment you do that DC dies right along with them. Giving the spotlight to a bunch of underdeveloped and in a lot of cases surface level deep characters is a very bad idea, especially when a lot of the focus put on DC and DC’s relevance comes from those characters that you want gone. Now I’m not saying don’t put them on league or try and raise there statues and importance, but removing an entire generation(and screwing over there fans) for another that let’s be honest haven’t proven themselves out side of two maybe three characters is ridiculous.

Astonishing Member

DC does not have a reformed villain archetype and has no idea how to properly do a heel-face turn. This is because they attempt redeem characters based on popularity or writer bias.

I like the in-continuity animated movies.

Aging out and replacing the current top-tier heroes would allow for some great development for the DCU. Until the second-tier heroes reach the same level of sagnation.

Rinse and repeat this and you will have a continuity too far removed from the ideas and characters that made it popular in the first place.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Aging out and replacing the current top-tier heroes would allow for some great development for the DCU. Until the second-tier heroes reach the same level of sagnation.

Rinse and repeat this and you will have a continuity too far removed from the ideas and characters that made it popular in the first place.
    It’s a nice idea, but people get attached to characters. What happen when, following your logic, when Dick’s group age out and now it’s Damien’s generation’s turn, and now Dick’s fans don’t want to give him but.

Basically, I see as make new, but keep old. It’s both/and, not either/or.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    It’s a nice idea, but people get attached to characters. What happen when, following your logic, when Dick’s group age out and now it’s Damien’s generation’s turn, and now Dick’s fans don’t want to give him but.

Not if the next gen took over and they kept that going. I love Dick's gen because they seem to be the only ones who have aged and grown along the heroes. Once they became the next big guys I would expect Tim's gen to take over etc. But this would never happen, it's a nice thought though.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post

And that's not accounting for the people who probably still want to read about the OG!'s preceding Dick's group.

I think a true and continuing ongoing narrative in a comic book universe is a cool and novel concept, if not one I think the Big Two could ever reasonably pull off.